Churchill's Spy Files

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Aug 2018

This book was not at all what I expected. If you're looking for juicy stories from war-time, filled with espionage and daring-do...you won't find it here. I was a little disappointed. I suppose this might be someone else's cup of tea, but it wasn't mine.
And that's fine. I'm not going to love every book, I guess.
CHURCHILL’S SPY FILES is an intriguing look at MI5 and its place in British government during WWII. In fact, its work was so secretive that few in the government knew its dealings before the war. The agency decided to keep Churchill in the loop during the conflict, but only through files so Top Secret that he was given a weekly report, but never allowed to make or keep a copy. Only now is the curtain pulled back, including the revelation that the report compiler was a Soviet spy. Highly recommended!

Thanks to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC; opinions are mine.

#Churchill'sSpyFiles #NetGalley
This book shed light on some little known information about the role of secret information given to Winston Churchill during the War.  It was interesting to read about the Russian mole that provided this. Interesting read!