Cover Image: Refreshing Reads Summer Excerpt Sampler

Refreshing Reads Summer Excerpt Sampler

Oh how I love these sampler collections! They always leave me impatiently awaiting the release dates for the multiple new additions to my TBR!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
5 stars.

This sampler collection is the perfect mix of all things summer. Seeing as the warmer months are right around the corner, I will definitely be picking up the books featured in this collection.
I received a complimentary review copy of the Refreshing Reads Summer Excerpt Sampler (Summer 2018) from NetGalley.

This sampler includes extended previews of 5 novels. I really enjoyed being able to preview enough of the book to know whether I'd be interested enough to read the whole thing. Each excerpt starts with a page showing the book cover, publication date, plot description, titles of some similar-interest books to give readers some tips on whether they'd enjoy this book, and a quote from a professional review.
I haven't had opportunity to read any of those books so far and this excerpt was a perfect opportunity to checked what I have missed. Even if not all of those books were in my taste, Ghosted got me really interested and I'm gonna add it to my TBR shelf.
This was an unusual thing to read.  As for reviewing it, it covers excerpts from 5 books.  Some of the excerpts were not interesting at all and I really only found 1 book worth seeking out.  So I am not reviewing the excerpts in themselves.  I am reviewing the concept.  This was a good idea as it gave me 5 books to consider without spending too much time on each.
"Quench your Literary Thirst": I love that title for a summer sampler. I already recognize three titles that were on my radar (Ghosted, A Place for Us, High Season) and I am looking forward to discovering the other two!
Thank you for this sampler! Many of these books look interesting and I've put several of these novels on my tbr/interest list.
I appreciate the opportunity to read excerpts from popular, cutting edge authors to allow me to familiarize myself with them and their work in a short period of time.
This sampler is a year old, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a few gems worth mining. What's great is the books I like here are already out so I don't have to wait to finish them.
Thanks so much for this sampler I didn't realize this was from 2018 but I found a very interesting book that I must have overlooked last summer. I own one and I have read Ghosted and liked it. A Place For Us and The High Season I will be looking for when I visit the bookstore

Thanks again for this sampler
I loved the short samples of these summer reads!  They really whet my appetite to read all of them!! The cover was enticing and made the summer days seem not so far away.
wasn't that great book. not even worth 100 characters. However. i read it I gave it that much. I don'tt know what to say though. I cannot write something negativity about so many books.
I enjoyed this sampler of general fiction, thrillers, and mystery books excerpts.  It provided a good look at some of the publications for summer 2018.  My only regret is that I did not see this sooner.

I have added a few to my TBR pile.  Thank-you Penguin Random House for offering this book to entice us.
Not my cup of tea, so didn't finish it and did read enough to review it! So I won't be reviewing this... so trying to get 100 characters in this so I can go to something I will review! Jesus not enough characters yet... Will it end urgh! This is what happens to me when I'm trying to get enough to send it!
Great sampler! Sold me on a couple that I had been holding off on my TBR and now I cant wait to get started!
Some great titles were showcased in this sample. I can't wait to read the full books. It's always good to read samples of upcoming books to gage whether or not you will connect with them. These samples made me want all those books now.
Thank you Penguin Random House for providing me with a Summer Reading List!  This intriguing sampler of reads were all exciting and I enjoyed reading the excerpts from each of the books.  I have purchased three of the five so far and plan to purchase the other two in coming weeks.  They were all great reads with exciting premises' that I just MUST finish.  I NEED to know what happens next.

I received an advanced review copy (ARC) of this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
An exciting teaser tray of recent releases, from contemporary family dramas to thrilling mystery series. Followers of Sarah Jessica Parker's book club will relish the opportunity to preview Fatima Farheen Mirza's "A Place for Us: A Novel". Mirza weaves a nuanced, deeply-felt story of an Indian-American family. "Ghosted" by Rosie Walsh explores the depths of emotional connections and creates a sense of doubt about how well people really know each other or themselves. John Staley's first Cecil Younger novel in 17 years pairs criminal defense investigator with unlikely allies when he finds himself on the wrong end of the law.  "The High Season" is a great vacation selection for readers looking for an affirming, engaging story. Ruthie Beamish discovers a new lease on life through connections made at her last refuge, the family beach house in Long Island. "The Glitch" from Elisabeth Cohen humorously derails business dynamo Shelley Stone when confronted with a possible "glitch in the matrix" (so to speak), in the form of her doppelganger.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

My thirst for summer reads has been quenched by the terrific Refreshing Reads Summer Excerpt Sampler. Grateful to have this sumptuous sampler! 5/5

Thanks to Penguin Random House Samplers and NetGalley for this fun read. Opinions are mine.
There was only one excerpt from the collection that really caught my attention.  It was the one about the family on vacation who can't find their young daughter.  None of the others grabbed me.