Cover Image: Write With Me

Write With Me

Write With Me by Vanita Oelschalger is true to its name. It is a journal, where every alternate page has a beautiful and a thoughtful quote. It is a perfect journal, that inspire you to write. My only complaint is that the journal is short, there should be 365 blank pages, one for each day of the year.
Having reviewed a couple of Vanita’s books for children here already, I was eager to read this book of hers, especially since it was on journaling.

This little book has stunning photographs, inspirational poems and quotes on one side and blank ruled pages on the other side for you to journal.

I received an e-book from the publisher, but once I started going through it I wished I had a hard copy.

This would make a great gift for writers/ those who journal.
Write with Me to Keep What Matters in Mind, written by Vanita Oelschalger, is a beautiful and inspiring journal to help you get your thoughts on paper. Each left hand side page has a full page color photo and a writing prompt. Each right hand side page is a fully lined page, leaving you with plenty of space to write out your thoughts.

This journal has been created for people who have gone through a life changing event, such as illness, surviving addiction, divorce, etc. However, if you are looking for a writing journal, please be sure to check this book out as I think the quotes and prompts can inspire just about anyone regardless of your personal situation.

Writing prompts
To give you some examples of the prompts you will find in this book, take this quote from Mark Twain “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” I decided to start here, and I wrote about some blogging goals that I wanted to start on and the first steps that I was going to take to get started. When I needed to think, I looked back at the picture on the left hand side, and then started writing again. Sometimes the prompts are thoughts, such as We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we always had. I decided to follow up with my blogging idea here, and wrote about ideas that didn’t get the results that I wanted, and brainstormed new ways to think about solving the problem. I came up with some new ideas that really helped thanks to this journal.

Go at your own pace
You can really use this journal in any way that you want to. If you want to start at the beginning and work your way through, you will have a great journey. If you want to skip around and find a prompt that calls out to you, that has been working for me. If you want to do one prompt a day, or a week etc. there is no time limit. Do as much or as little as you want each day, Write with Me will be there to help you get your mind down on paper.

If you like to journal, please check out this beautiful hardcover book. If you have never written in a journal before, but you want to get help with something that you are going through, this book would be a great investment for you. I hope that you enjoy keeping what matters in mind!
Write with Me: To Keep What Matters in Mind Journaling the Journey with Vanita Oelschanger

May 2019

Newburn Drive
2018
Nonfiction, self help

“Write with me to keep what matters in mind.”

This is a vividly illustrated book with quotes from various people, including authors, actors and historical figures. After each photo with inspirational comments there is a page provided for journaling. This book serves as an inspiration for mindful reflection. The quotes and comments are meant to encourage us to acknowledge our priorities. Aside from the illustrations and inspiring words, the book also serves to provide assistance to charities where “people help people help themselves”. Also, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Oak Clinic for Muscular Sclerosis.
A useful and very interesting book. I felt very good reading it and learnt a few tips for life. It is a practical book good for everyone.
Beautiful.
If I told you this was a book of quotations with pages provided for journaling responses, you'd probably say, "Oh, quotations. Yawn." I thought the same at first, until I saw the beautiful photography that accompanied each. I only wish there were 365 quotations provided, one for every day.
I have not yet seen the book in print, but imagine it will be even more beautiful.
This book contains inspirational poems with pages for journaling.  At the time I read it, I needed a pick me up.  This was definitely it.  I cannot say enough good about this book.  Buy it, use it and rejoice in the way it makes you feel.
Definitely five stars.

Absolutely beautiful photographs!

I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.
Every other page provides a nice image with an inspiration or motivating quote. One I liked a lot said "The secret to living well and longer is: eat half, walk double, love triple, and laugh without measure".

Although the book is geared towards those moving on from grief or divorce, I don't think anything in it makes it necessarily so. The book is full of inspiring quotes and lined pages for journaling. As I do with my own, make it yours. Write what you want, be inspired, use the quotes as prompts, etc. After all, journals are personal.
In her second book on journaling, Vanita has presented a beautiful work that will inspire you to catalog your thoughts and feelings.

Highly recommend for those desiring to journal on a regular basis and need a little prompting in the form of pictures and beautiful pictures.
From the publisher, as I do not regurgitate the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it!

This is the second Journaling book from Vanita Oelschlager. This journal is for moving on after surviving addiction, divorce, sickness or other life situations. Write With Me helps lead your way home, with inspiring photography, introspective prompts and words of encouragement from Vanita and other notable authors, mystics and humanitarians.

It is hard to "review" a journal ... this has lovely photos and relevant quotations and pages to write on, so I guess that it works as a journal.  It is well put together if you are in the market for one for yourself or a gift.

ONE SUGGESTION: most people think of journals as Christmas gifts and things to start the new year with. Although this book does not have "days" in it, releasing it in May seems superfluous.
This journal offers the writer a unique writing space accompanied by amazing photography and stirring quotes.
The opening and closing poems, in addition to the specific photos and quotes the author chose, express the intimate and raw relationship the author has to journaling.

The concept for this journal is intriguing but the content fails to provide, only in regards to the description. The photographs alone compel me to write but the description left me feeling chained to this idea that I had to write about/after certain circumstances. At times it was difficult to see the connection between the photographs or quotes to the description.

The author has created a beautiful opportunity for written release but could provide more direction or intention based on the powerful mission detailed in the description.
Thank you Netgalley for an ARC of this journal.

My ARC enabled me to access 50 % of this book.  The book was set out alternating between a page with a beautiful photo with an inspirational quote attached then a lined  blank page to make a short journal entry.

The photos and quotes I could see were lovely.  There was no further author notes, this is purely a photographic, inspirational journal, albeit a lovely one.
Write With Me is a way of life. anyone needing to meditate or destress from daily life would benefit read and following the prompts in this book. This book is your guide to a journey of self-discovery. Overall, this book inspired me to write more and think about my life from a different perspective.
Not what I was expecting - it's a book of 'inspirational' quotes with blank journal pages - a little disappointed.
This book is great. Its a book where i can write about my thoughts on some quotes it gives. Amd it gives some really good quotes! It makes it different because the quotes make you wanna write. They make you really wanna let loose and just write. Its an amazing book. Thank you for letting me have it!
I am a huge fan of Vanita Oelshalger's works - especially in collaboration with Mike Blanc, but the description of this journaling book is quite misleading. It is nothing more than empty journal pages for the reader to fill divided by pretty pictures with various quotes from different authors.

It lacks a structure, I do not see where the part about surviving addiction, divorce or sickness comes in - because honestly this book could be made by anyone with a little help from Pinterest quotes and pictures.

Quite disappointing...
An amazing journal, with thought-provoking pictures and quotations along with space to journal.  A great book for people of all ages and all backgrounds.
Yes!! This book is great for anyone that needs to write their feelings out after receiving some inspiration from the author! The photos are just breathtaking! I was relaxed after going through this book and enjoyed a cup of tea with it.
#writewithme #netgalley
What a beautiful book! It’s a book to be treasured, but also to write in as you go, msk8ngnitveven more of a keepsake. The photos and captions are so inspiring. I am so glad to have received an e-copy in advance, and I’ll be even more glad to purchase physical copies when it is published. I have several friends in mind I will be buying a copy for., as well as one for myself.
"Write With Me to Keep What Matters in Mind 'by Vanita Oelschalger, is a journal with inspirational quotes which could be used as a meditation aid to walking through traumatic experiences such as divorce. This was not in anyway what I was expecting, although unexpected, the quotes used in the book were uplifting and mostly pertaining to the topic of the journaling book. I would suggest finding more fitting fonts and placing them more appropriately. I would also say that you should write the purpose of this journal in the beginning, and separate the quotes by topics.