The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Oct 2018

This was  a really good book. I read this to my kids and they enjoined it. They were able to answer my question on what was happening in the book just by looking at the pictures.

The drawings it self was good. It was not too bright, and it has this simplicity touch that makes it enjoyable.
The Fairy in the Kettle’s Christmas Wish is a beautiful illustrated book with a lovely Christmas happy ever after. Just the right amount of drama for a children’s book. A perfect Christmas gift for any young child.
I believe that no matter what your age is that you should continue to read children's books. There is always something to learn and if you are a visual person then you get twice the treat. This book has soft watercolor illustrations that are worthy of being framed. Breath taking.
This is a cute story about Leona, the Fairy who lives in a Kettle (We met her in the first story in this series, simply titled, The Fairy in the Kettle). Leona has wonderful ideas about decorating her kettle as well as being able to convince her friends to accompany her to look for the perfect Christmas tree for their party. Leona winds up separated from her friends due to a strong wind. Will she find her way back home? Will the celebration carry on without her?

I really enjoyed this book, as did my grandchildren. The watercolor artwork is stunning, magical and eye catching without overdoing it and distracting the reader from the story.  Any little girl who loves fairies and magic will be enchanted by this short story. The happy ending is a delight, and who doesn't enjoy an animal, in this case a badger, saving the day. This is a story of friendship, Christmas spirit and perseverance. This book would make a great addition to a family, school or public library. The publisher generously provided me with a copy of this book. The rating, ideas and opinions are my own.
Imaginative and engaging, highly mystical and whimsical story full of Symbolism!  My 3 year old granddaughter could easily comprehend and translate the meaning and messages Pauline Tait intended for general audiences. Though Tait intended it for children, it's a tale that can be shared with family!  The journey of discovery for the "Fairy" protagonist and her encounter and meeting of the Christmas Fairy, results in a Magical and touching Christmas wish realized! In the meantime, themes of friendship, the value of gifts given and received, and the wonderful feelings Christmas brings, are all beautifully illustrated and depicted in the characterization, setting, and in the prose. Tait truly created her own Christmastime Myth, which everyone can appreciate!
The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish is a children's book written by Pauline Tait, and is beautifully illustrated by Debbie Bellaby.  This is a wonderful book for younger children, and would make a great holiday gift this season. I would also like to recommend the previous book by this author, The Fairy in the Kettle.

Bramble Glen is covered in snow on Christmas Eve.  Leona is a fairy that lives inside a kettle.  She loves this time of year, and she is excited to meet with her best friends, Tilly, Robbie and Toby.  The friends will be working together to decorate for Christmas.  While they are out in the forest looking for the perfect tree, the snow storm gets worse, and the wind blows Leona high into the wintry sky.  Unable to find her, her friends quickly recruit the help from their elders.  Together, they form search parties to go back into the forest to look for Leona.

Overall, this is a heartwarming story that perfectly captures the spirit and the magic of Christmas.  Beautiful illustrations will help the reader visualize this story, making it the perfect Christmastime read.  Friendship and following your dreams is the central theme, and will reinforce a positive message to young readers.  I would definitely recommend The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish!

I would like to thank BooksGoSocial and NetGalley for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this book.  My views are my own, and are in no way influenced by anyone else.
The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish was a sweet story but I found the title to be a little long. My daughter stumbled over the title a few times. We enjoyed the story line and especially liked the part about the badger protecting and rescuing Leona. Sometimes while searching for something we desire we lose sight of what is in front of them the whole time.

I was given an advanced reader copy of the book in exchange for a review. The opinions stated are my own and I was not required to give a positive review. Thank you Net Galley and Pauline Tait
This is a delightful little story for the younger child which brings alive the joy of Christmas.  It is all about helping and working together to make something that is truly magical and full of the Christmas spirit.  A wonderful addition to anyone's collection of Christmas stories.
Poor Leona, she gets lost in a snow storm while she and her fairy friends are looking for the perfect tree!  Littles will enjoy this Xmas story. It's pretty short and not too complicated a plot. Young fairy friends will also love this story. The illustrations look wonderful! I am betting they will look even better in color! Great book!

I
The Fairy in the Kettle is, by far, one of the most wonderful children's books that I ever have read or reviewed. Now, the author is back with a Christmas edition of the Fairies: The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish.

Leona the Fairy and all of her forest friends are back with Leona looking forward to decorating her tea kettle for the holidays. Of course she wants it to be the most beautifully decorated home and the best Christmas ever. However, like so many of us during the holidays, Leona runs into some problems. Will she be able to get everything done before Christmas and, more importantly, will all of her forest friends make it there in time to celebrate together.

Once again, Pauline Tait has given us a wonderful story of true friendship along with page after page of enrapturing illustrations. The story is enchanting, mesmerizing and delightfully told. I know that I get a little excited about children's books, I admit it, but this one deserves all of the praise that I can give - and more! I cannot imagine any child, pre-school to early elementary (or adults with a child like heart,) who would not adore this delightful book. I only wish that I could give it TEN magical holiday stars instead of mere five.

You can find The Fairy in the Kettle's Christmas Wish at Amazon. All of my thanks to #Netgalley, #PaulineTait and @BooksGoSocial for my copy of the wonderful holiday tale.
Wonderfully fun book children will enjoy reading. The fairy in the kettle gets caught in a blizzard and with strong perseverance she is able to make it out of the storm. Beautifully water colored paintings included in the book make it very appealing to read. Wonderful book of encouragement for children, don't give up on your dreams. You can do it.
Pub Date 24 Aug 2018
I was given a complimentary copy from BooksGoSocial through NetGalley. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Beautiful illustration for a sweet Christmas time story. It is different than other stories you might read during this season, but still fits and might just become another traditional story you want to read with your family. Sweet characters with a nice story. I recommend it.
This is the cutest story of the Fairy (Leona) who lives in a Kettle. One Christmas she talks her friends into looking for the perfect Christmas tree. Leona winds up seperated from her friends and the story goes on from there. It is a story of friendship, Christmas spirit and determination. It is a great bedtime or Christmas story for children. I recommend it for 2-7 yr olds.
I received this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
I absolutely adored this book. The watercolor artwork is stunning and eye catching without over doing it and distracting the reader from the story. The story is sweet and simple which is perfect for a younger reader. I have to admit I didn't want the story to end as quickly as it did. I love that there is a book prior to this one. Giving both as a gift would make for a wonderful present. I hope there are many more books to follow. Thank you Netgalley for the copy in exchange for my honest review.
This is such a sweet and magical book for young children to enjoy in the run up to Christmas. Any little girl who loves fairies and magic will be enchanted by this short story. It is also the perfect bedtime story to send your little ones to sleep with dreams of magic and Christmas.
I kindly received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange to an honest review.

This is a lovely little story that would make a wonderful addition to a young child's Christmas reading. For the past few years I have done the book advent with my children, where you wrap up 24 books and they open one each day and read it that night. I have mainly chosen Christmas themed books, and this book would be an ideal candidate for that project. It certainly has the Christmas feels- who doesn't love a badger saving the day and hot berry punch for round things off. Lovely artwork as well. My children highly enjoyed it.
What the Book is About

This book follows the story of Leona as she’s looking for the perfect Christmas tree. She gets lost in a blizzard and while her friends are waiting, they help grant Leona’s Christmas wish.

First Impressions

My first impression was to enjoy the whimsical style of the artwork. I wouldn’t say that I enjoyed the colors much, as I enjoy much brighter artwork in children’s books.

What I Liked

The book was well written and the book has a whimsical feel to it.

What I Didn’t Like

I didn’t really enjoy the story. I was disappointed that the book didn’t focus on Leona’s Christmas wish and how it was granted, but rather at her being lost in the woods. I felt that the plot was sort of misguided.

Final Thoughts

While I personally didn’t enjoy this book, I do believe that many young children will enjoy this story. I think that the watercolor artwork is beautiful and some children will be drawn to it, while others will miss the vibrant colors that many other children’s books have.
A sweet little story with beautiful illustrations. I can't wait to re read this with my child over the festive period
Great story and beautifully illustrated. I can see this being read repeatedly towards Christmas. Love the story, not too short and not too long. Plenty of scope for using different voices for dramatic effect with lovely characters.  Lots of scope for different storytelling styles as well. With children's picture books I find that while the story obviously needs to captivate (and it does), the quality of the illustrations can make or break it. The illustrations here are wonderful. Thoroughly recommended! Thanks to NetGalley for the copy for review purposes.
What a charming story for all ages. With magical illustrations, your little ones will want to read this many times over the Christmas holidays.