Cover Image: Own Your Everyday

Own Your Everyday

I remember when Jordan announced her book would be called "Purpose"....then it completely was revamped! So grateful it was pushed back and Own Your Everyday came out - wow. I am always encouraged when  I read her story and see her Instagram and was ecstatic to be a part of the launch team (I know.... long time coming for this review! Thank you Netgalley for the digital copy!) I adore her message of getting unstuck by owning what makes you, you! By following her practical steps and stories to combat distraction, disappointment, comparison, and more, you'll be able to break out of the box of excuses and step into what God created you to do, by owning who you are and your next thing, focusing on first things. What a lovely, refreshing pep talk to take the pressure off striving and perfection that leads to stress and burnout and instead, read a hearty book that cuts to the chase, without all the cutesy fluff that the self help business type genre generally has.
I was pretty bummed about this book, because I've loved Dooley's blog and the message she's been sharing online for years. I really wanted more of that honest, in-depth look at life and overcoming hardships that she's known for.

This book was not really any one thing: not memoir, not self-help, not Biblical resource, but an odd, difficult-to-follow mix of all three. Unfortunately, it just didn't mesh well, and I walked away from reading it so confused by what it was that I didn't grasp the message she was trying to convey.

I will definitely be giving this author another chance, should she decide to write another book in the future. But I won't be recommending this to friends.
This was an okay read. I'm going with a 3.5 star rating for this book. I did enjoy how easy going of a read this was. The writing of this was very conversational style. I felt like I was sitting at a coffee shop chatting with Jordan. I could definitely relate in some form or fashion with some of the things Jordan wrote. Some things I definitely questioned. I wish there was a lot more scripture included in this book.

I enjoyed her personal experiences and really learning more about Jordan as a person. I loved the questions she asked readers -- very thought provoking. She definitely was able to make me as the reader look at my own expectations and issues on a deeper level.

Good read.
This was a fun book but also an enlightening book. I enjoyed getting to “know” Jordan through this book and now follow her on socials.  There was a lot of great advice about how to be you and not feel bad about it.
Love. Love. Love this. From the start I was sucked it. The stories she tells as points to help you OWN your OWN life are great! I will read again and again!!
This is not your typical self help book, but I highly recommend it to women of all ages and stages of your life.
I am an overachiever.  I set the bar too high.  I am a perfectionist.  I am also successful.  I have always known that I put too much pressure on myself, and I also know that I need to make changes in my life that will allow for me to relax.

Own You Every Day: Overcome the Pressure to Prove and Show Up for What You Were Made to Do, arrived in my mailbox.  Jordan Lee Dooley is an incredible breakout author.

I have been able to compartmentalize expectations; I am slowly beginning to lower the bar that I have set for myself.  I am listening less to the opinions of others.  I am taking ownership for the goals and the dreams that I have for myself.

“Maybe a meaningful life is not at all about figuring it out but rather just being willing to get outside our comfort zone,” Jordan Lee Dooley.

For anyone out there who feels like me, perfectionist to the core, I encourage you to take a leap of faith.  You will feel weightless when you make the decision to not take everything so seriously.
Having read Jordan’s inspiring posts on instagram I was excited to be chosen to read the ARC. However, I ended up feeling this book was not for me. The book wasn’t bad, but I didn’t think it was good.

Jordan’s book is targeted towards women and girls who don’t know what to do with their lives. It seems to best fit as a read for women are are insecure in their choices and seek validation. I did not find it to be motivational as someone who is secure in my life choices and jobs. The content is relatable but not deep. It also has a lot of general good advice, but no applicable how to advice for those tips. Overall, it felt to me as though the author stayed in the shallow end of the pool.
This is the kind of book you’re going to want to buy a physical copy of so you can easily flip back! Reading this book truly felt like I was hanging out with Jordan as she shared fun, lighthearted, deep, and practical advice on how to redefine our purpose.
Absolutely loved this book and have found a new friend in Jordan Lee Dooley! I relate so much to her story and her struggle with body image and I found her writing style to be relatable, easy to read and charming. Looking forward to another book from her!
I love Jordan Lee Dooley and the positive she enthuses. Her book is nothing short of uplifting. She has a way with words that leaves the reader feeling contentment, and ready to tackle the world.
This book is much needed for every woman in every stage of life. Jordan simultaneously describes the importance of reaching for your goals while also embracing your day-to-day. Every day, every stage, every circumstance has a purpose in God’s ultimate plan for our lives and this book teaches you how to find joy daily. I received an Advanced Readers Copy of OYE, but I have my pre-ordered Copy coming, and I will be purchasing this book for all the important ladies in my life!
Jordan's book is right on trend with the messages from various speakers/authors of today that women need to find their purpose, own their authentic self, follow their dreams, stop beating themselves up, and forget the opinions/expectations of others. Part of it reminded me of Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis, but written in a different style and from an author with a different story. I for one, can always use this kind of book, even as a reminder of what is so easy to forget.
Own Your Everyday is a book to be read again, gleaning more from it each time. It's about taking control of your life, overcoming what stands in your way, and moving forward one step at a time.
Reading this book is like being curled up on the couch in front of the fire with your best friends, sharing a good bottle of wine and life stories. It feels as though Jordan is one of those friends, being real and kind and saying the things you’ve heard and read before, but in a voice that is relatable and makes you think about your choices and that the big picture, whilst incredibly important, shouldn’t overtake the small, daily joys of being alive. Although Jordan is still young, it didn’t feel as though I’m reading an offering that would resonate only with her generation, her words and ideas bridge ages, generations and will speak to many women in different seasons of their lives. I was incredibly lucky to be a part of the launch team for this special book, and can’t wait for it to get into the hands of many women who would benefit so greatly by hearing her message.
I couldn't get very far into this book. It's just....so....saccharine and trite. We live in an age where impossibly thin, wealthy white women with long hair styled in beachy waves and with no formal training in this topic are telling us how to live our "best lives".

This book feels like Rachel Hollis wrote it, right down to the repeated calling of the reader "Sis". And here's the thing: if you are a thin, moderately wealthy, white woman who is not sure what direction to take your life because it has slipped into the mundane, then this might be the book for you.

I am a middle-aged, chubby, white mom, raising five kids, one of whom has cancer. There are a lot of women and moms in this world who are struggling to get by while facing mounting medical bills, housing bills, life crisis, illness, death of loved ones, mental illness, etc. We have more critical things to do than "finding our bliss".

Those factors make reading books like this a little bit hard to stomach. Right around the time the author told a story of feeling awkward at a college sorority party because she was wearing "a puffy coat" compared to the "sleek coat" all the other college girls were wearing—I realized this book was not for me.

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest feedback.
Search
Deliver
I decided to request to join Jordan's book launch for Own Your Everyday and received an advanced reader digital copy without knowing anything about her or her mission. I was unsure if I would be the ideal reader, as I saw a lot of discussion regarding religion and spirituality and I felt a bit like an imposter, not having the same gusto and religious background as many other members of the group. I can't say enough to explain just how perfect Jordan's message was for me. I realized she addressed the very imposter syndrome and comparison pitfalls I was experiencing. Her words are honest and raw and she approaches real life problems with humility and grace. Her words got me out of my head and into my heart. I love her mission to uplift others and inspire others to live with less guilt and more self love and purpose. I would recommend this book to anyone, but especially women, and especially those who are about to embark on new journeys, new chapters, or those who are tired of feeling like you have to be everything for everyone or live up to a certain expectation. This book should be on every parent, wife, daughter, and graduate's must have list!
Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion. I will admit that while I wanted to read this book, I waited way too long to actually read it. It seems as if there was a reason. I am In a better place to receive the message now than I was when I first got it. Jordan's basic premise is to not let your insecurities get in the way of your God ordained purpose and your everyday life. She spends  a lot of time digging into insecurities and how to overcome them. She lets herself be vulnerable in a way that is helpful and not trying to garner sympathy. This is Christian book and talks about her faith but not the whole focus so even if you aren't a Christian, I think you could get a lot out of it. She helps you set goals for yourself so that your life counts for something at the end of it.
This is a fantastic book. Jordan Lee Dooley is relatable, funny, and encouraging. The book is full of great advice, applicable to every stage of life.
Jordan is raw, funny and inspirational. I LOVE how she brings FAITH to her readers and listeners. This book is relatable to all seasons of life. If you are finding yourself struggling to find encouragement, purpose, God; reclaiming your faith, inspiration, or just an easy read you can get sucked into... this is it! I also highly recommend Jordan's SHE podcast.