Cover Image: Knocked-Up Cinderella

Knocked-Up Cinderella

I enjoyed this book but the only Cinderella part was in the opening scene how she wore a Cinderella dress. I really liked the h but the H didn't really pull through how I hoped he would. The book was very well written.
🍼Loved it!🤗

I don't know why it took me so long to read this romance with accidental pregnancy.  It's not one of my favorite tropes but the author may have changed my mind about that.  I loved the confident female lead.  Erin is 40, dresses as she likes and has decided to break the cycle of unsuitable relationships and go blissfully solo, even when she discovers she's having a baby.   The baby daddy is a one night stand guy who has no inclination or time for a relationship.  But a son or daughter?  That may be something he needs to make time for.  Too bad he's a workaholic and his business always takes precedent.

The writing is good, the characters well-wrought and it's a step above the usual romance with the accidental baby trope.   I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend it.  I will be looking for more by Julie Hammerle.

Thanks to Entangled/August and NetGalley for providing a galley copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest opinion.
This was nice! I wasn't very attached to the characters but the book gave me a good time. The accidental pregnancy trope was done well and I liked the slow relationship growth and the way both the characters took time to change their perspective to include this new thing in their lives. I loved the friendships shown too, especially how important they are and how friends are always there for each other. And sometimes you NEED friends with you.

One small mention was how not everyone wants the same kind of love because it won't suit everybody. Some people need space, some need constant touch, etc. So even if you think you want something, it may not actually be for you. So don't compare relationships and partners because what's good for others may be suffocating for you. It's a small thing but I took a lot from it lol.

Erin was so nice too! A forty years old badass woman who is a school principal and handles things amazingly through her nerves. I really liked her.

Ian is not my favourite kind of main lead but he grew on me. One thing I liked about his storyline was seeing him very slowly adjust to new realities. He wanted to prepare for the child and grew to wanting it but it is also hard to leave behind his old life so easily and there IS reluctance. I hated how a lot of the supporting characters assumed he'd never change. People can change when they want to. Just because they didn't change for you doesn't mean they won't ever change.

Aanyway. Good book.
Erin finally finds time for herself.  She is planning to make changes and has no idea how serious that would become.  Then she meets Ian and its as if the sparks cannot help themselves.

Ian is happy being rich and single.  He runs a successful business and does not have time to give to others who might demand of it.  Then he meets Erin and all bets are off.  He has to have more time with her.  He craves it.

I found the chase kind of charming.  This story is difference but the HEA gets there.  I love that the author gives us more story, more real pieces of their lives.  This was an ending that it builds to and I enjoyed reading about that climb.

***This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.
This book is a Hoot!  It is very funny and entertaining. I would recommend this for a good fun read.  This book starts off great and continues very easily. The characters are interesting.  It had me laughing out loud several times. I did like the plot base and enjoyed the modern theme.  I enjoy this book and had a hard time putting it down . . . but alas – have to feed the kids. I would recommend this book especially if you are looking for some light fun that will put a smile on your face.  I look forward to reading more from this author.
This was breeze to read! This adorable romcom was a hit with me!
A 40ish lady trying to find love! Yes please! But after a one night stand with Ian and later finding out she is knocked up.... Pretty interesting! And I was there for it!
Looking for quick read or a nice romantic comedy.... Read this baby!
This was a different kind of book, I wasn't really sure what I was expecting but as a rom-com I have definitely read better. The description made the book sound cute, but I didn't overly like it. I really wish I could say good things about this book but to be honest in my review, I can't.
I was expecting this book to be a little weird... but I really enjoyed it! It was funny but also sweet and steamy. Definitely recommend to get you out of a slump
This was an interesting read. Not my favorite book but I did enjoy it. Not sure it'll stick with me though.
This book was cute and adorable but it was slow and took me a while to get into it. There are other romcoms I would recommend before I would list this one
So many expectations… So little of them met. *sigh*

I think I jinxed my good reading mojo… It’s only a couple of weeks ago that I was praising Entangled Publishing (for publishing books that would make good book to screen adaptations). I’ve since read two other books by Entangled (one of them being this one that I’m reviewing right now) and both have been… underwhelming

Like I said above, I was so looking forward to Knocked Up Cinderella. The synopsis, the cover and the author all pointed to this being a laugh-out loud-because-it’s-just-that-funny read. I was laughing alright but it was mostly in disbelief at Ian’s character. I mean in this, the year 2020 are we still writing characters like Ian’s? (and that too in a non-ironic, completely serious way? At first I was like the author’s probably wrote him like that on purpose, in an ironic “look at this guy” kind of way but I read on and realised the author was actually serious, no irony here). I should’ve seen it coming though because the first thing I thought as I read the first few chapters was “I’m not liking either of these characters.”

For a book that was meant to be modern/contemporary the characters felt dated… You know that one relative that tries to sound “hip to the times” at family gatherings but everyone can see that he’s trying too hard? The characters (Julie and Ian especially) came off like that.

It didn’t help that the male character was called Ian and wore glasses, all I could see when I read that was Ian Beale. Ian Beale has has irrevocably ruined (for want of a better word) any and all Ian’s for me (anyone who has ever seen an episode of EastEnders will know exactly what I mean). I had hoped that this book would change my perception/image of the name but alas! Nothing like that happened. And on top of that you had him using sentences like “pinged my desire.” When I tell you I cackled!  I had no idea desire pinged haha…

I have a note on my kindle marking Knocked Up Cinderella as a possible did-not-finish (because of all of the above). I guess my instincts were right because I put Knocked Up Cinderella down at 23% (I gave it an extra chapter before deciding, hoping it might change). I wish I had something positive to say about the book, but other than the cover’s nice, I don’t have anything else to say.
Here lately I've been into reading romance and rom-coms. This book is about Erin who is 40 years old, single and an elementary school principal. She decides to have a one night stand, no strings attached with Ian Donovan. He's a ladies man and doesn't attach himself to anything but his job. Erin discovers she's pregnant and tells Ian. They decide to stay single and be apart of their child's life. Throughout the book and Erin's pregnancy, they discover they can't stay away from one another. The get together again a couple more times and text each other every day. In the end, they both have to decide if being single or being together is the best thing for them.
I liked this book, I did. I feel like maybe something was missing. I can't put my finger on it but I want more. I didn't really care for Ian. I understand he tried to do good on behalf of his son, but his personality or attitude just annoyed me at times.
An easy read that I flew through in just a couple of sittings. Full of laugh out loud moments, a surprise baby, and close-knit friends, this is an undeniably fun comfort read!

Blurb: Ian, a totally rich playboy, and Erin, the responsible school principal decide to have a night of no-strings attached sex, but the two don’t anticipate the little surprise that comes with their one night stand.

An opposites attract, surprise baby romance that is all about Ian and Erin navigating what they really want out of life and if they can build a lasting relationship. This is a surprisingly quick and enjoyable read with strong characters, great banter, and lots of cute misadventures. An adorable and non-cheesy romance that I really loved! I want to read more from this author!
I'll admit, I was a bit hesitant going into this book as the protagonist is probably the oldest one I've read (I then proceeded to picture her around my age group to help with that)  That aside though, the plot was so interesting that I didn't find myself noticing that she was older than my Mother.

The chemistry between her and the love interest was adorable and I loved watching them fall in love with one another. The writing style was right up my alley and every page was gripping, I truly couldn't put this book down.
Unfortunately not the book for me, I ended up DNFing this particular story. Just couldn't connect with the main characters :(
This book was not for me. I did not particularly like it and ended up DNFing it thus won't be able to provide a detailed review.
I expected to enjoy this book a lot more than I actually did. I'm usually a fan of surprise babies but I just didn't find this book too enjoyable.
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review Knocked-Up Cinderella. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish this book and won't be rating or reviewing at this time. Should I decide to give it another chance down the road, I will rate and review on my blog, Goodreads and retailers at that time.
This was an absolutely adorable book. It doesn’t start out in the traditional way, where girl meets boy and they slowly build up to a relationship. No, they have a ridiculously hot one night stand and she winds up pregnant. What I love about Erin is that she’s no-nonsense and has a backbone. Ian is pretty much a stereotypical rich guy who doesn’t do relationships, but he’s not really a jerk. I did enjoy the relationship they build together—becoming friends before hopping back into bed together. A few of the conflicts did seem contrived, but for the most part the book was believable and adorable. I read it all in one sitting.
This story was a fun, unexpected read that had me laughing, awing and finished with a satisfied smile.