Cover Image: Good Mood Food

Good Mood Food

I love reading books with good information and research about how the foods you eat can effect the way you are feeling or even help any current disorders.  I fell in love with this book right away. Its not a cookbook but suggested recipes using the foods recommended to help with things like regulating blood glucose, help with psoriasis, gut disorders and more. I learned a lot of good advice on supplements that should be taken and why.
Enjoyed this book and the information in the book. A few too many recioes. I read these books for the information!
Honest and in-depth advice for reaching your full potential.  This advice is presented in easy to follow language that can be broken up and applied in pieces at a time.
Thank you to Nourish for providing me with a review copy of Good Mood Food for review. Good Mood Food is available December 24, 2018.

Good Mood Food is a very comprehensive look at using diet to stabilize blood sugar levels, moods, cravings, hormone levels and more. I honestly found the amount of information in this book overwhelming and am not sure how much I could reasonably apply to my every day diet. It was all a bit much for me. If you are serious and want to dive deep into figuring out your cravings or knowing what is specifically causing one of your lifestyle symptoms, it might be better to go into this book with one goal in mind and try that chapter first.

The recipes provided sounded good but there were not enough to really showcase what they were trying to do with the book. It turned into more a list of vitamins we should have than any real guidance as to how to apply that to real life.
Great book about how food can change your moods.  The  recipes  found after each chapters are wonderful and delicious.  I really enjoyed reading and learning how foods we eat creates the moods we are in.
This was very informative. I have always heard, " You are what you eat." and Good Mood Food proves that to be true. I liked the simple break down of complicated information. These days, there are many books out there with a great amount of information regarding health and food. I really hope Good Mood Food because a book that people rely on while on their health journeys.
I was sent a copy of this book via NetGalley and  the publishers and have decided to leave an honest review.
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf This wonderful and very insightful book gives the reader into how give yourself a very needed hand in aid you to use foods to control moods. The advise given and the very delicious and tasty recipes that will aid in getting your body back to the good balance are wonderful and I highly recommend the reader that this book may just put them in a very good mood.
Not just a cookbook but a really informative guide to eating well. There is information on various nutritional advice and how bad eating can affect your health, sleep, moods, hormones and much more followed by recipes to help balance you.

It's really detailed and informative and I can't wait to try some of the recipes.
Dont think of this book as a cook book / recipe book. More of a lifestyle guide. Extremely informative and helpful to understand how you can help your mind health. I did find it in depth at times and a lot of information to take in but would definitely be a book that I'd keep coming back to to refer to and when my mood is low or I know that I am not looking after myself use it as a reference.
I don't think the cover really does this book justice but nonetheless a great self help book
This is a well researched and detailed book on the science of eating healthily in order to improve our moods. Explanations are straightforward and help us to understand how food affects our moods and what changes we can make. The recipes included in the book are varied and sound tasty. I will definitely give them a try.
The ultimate guide to using the power of food to improve your mood, energy and mental wellbeing, with over 70 specially selected recipes.

Each chapter explains how to use diet to combat the most common issues that affect people of all ages. Looking at all the ways in which disordered mood can manifest, Good Mood Food discusses specific body mechanisms, underlying causes, symptoms, nutrient needs and recipes that support these for each category. Drawing on the latest research into the human microbiome, mental health, and links between the gut and the brain, this book will be the perfect companion for anyone who wants to understand a little more about how what they eat affects how they feel - and what to do about it.

I always thought I was just "hangry" all the time but the more I read about how food effects your mood I realized that I was more than just hungry mad. My anxiety and depression actually played a part in what I wanted to eat which was effecting my mood. This book really helped with figuring out what to eat and how it can help you stabilize your mood with food!
This is a very interesting book, full of excellent information for a variety of moods.  I found it to be extremely well researched.  The layout is perfect for dipping into when the need arises.  I liked the way the recipes are actually included in the relevant chapters and not just in a chapter at the end of the book.  I loved the way the benefits of each one are clearly laid out with the recipe (I am sure this will help your brain to expect the stated benefits too !).  This is definitely a book to keep on your shelf and to dip into frequently.  Even if you don't like all the recipes (which I have to admit I didn't), there is enough information there to put you on the right track to develop ones of your own with the key ingredients.  I loved the way one of the baked potato topping unashamedly used shop bought humus mixed with the key ingredients.  Definitely appealing and reassuring especially for those of us who want fast and convenient access to the benefits at times.  Overall a great book, Thank you
This is a very detailed book, giving some useful ideas about how to affect your mood in a positive way, through your diet.
The chapters are structured well and the recipes look tempting and easy. The ingredients look easy to source too.
I will definitely be giving some of these recipes a go.
I'm a firm believer that diet can impact all aspects of our health, including our mental health so this book was definitely an eye catcher for me. Being vegan, some of the recipes aren't ones I can use, but there is still plenty to work with here. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of mental health - anxiety, focus and concentration, sleep support, etc. Even if all the included recipes aren't your thing, the book will give the reader plenty to think about.

Thank you to Nourish and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review.
From the publisher, as I do not regurgitate the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it!

This brilliantly accessible diet book explains how you can use simple steps in your nutrition to manage any mood disorder.

Each chapter explains how to use diet to combat the most common issues that affect people of all ages. Looking at all the ways in which disordered mood can manifest, Good Mood Food discusses specific body mechanisms, underlying causes, symptoms, nutrient needs and recipes that support these for each category: improve your energy levels, focus, resist cravings, reduce anxiety, get more sleep, tackle depression and achieve balanced hormones.
Each chapter also features 6-8 recipes that are perfect to combat each issue and ends with diet plans to help you work mood-boosting ingredients into your diet every day. Drawing on the latest research into the human microbiome, mental health, and links between the gut and the brain, this book will be the perfect companion for anyone who wants to understand a little more about how what they eat affects how they feel - and what to do about it.

Mood disorder. I hate that term.  Yes, I own up to having a few of them (depression AND anxiety = no fun) and I am willing to try pretty much anything to help with them.
The book made a LOT of sense. as it went through the different "disorders" (symptoms?) and what food could help with them ... I know sugar is not good for many reasons and I am pretty sure that the Chocolate Pudding in that chapter will be a new heavy-rotation food in my kitchen.
Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt (ahem, punny I think) but the recipes are healthy and yummy for so many reasons. The book is well researched and presented and worth a read by anyone dealing with or suffering from mood disorders.
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 'cuz I loved it.