Learn to Draw Star Wars: Droids & Vehicles

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Jan 2019

My problem with "learn to draw" popular things kind of book is that they jump from a few simple steps to a complex one without any explanation. How is the person drawing going to understand why it is done that way? There isn't much learning.
Unfortunately, I was unable to download this book. Therefore I gave it a three star rating based on the photos I have seen while researching it online.
Inside this 128-page drawing guide, you will find step-by-step instruction on how to draw Star Wars droids, spaceships, and land transport vehicles of all shapes and sizes. My daughters and I love star wars so when I got the opportunity to review this I jumped on it. We tried to draw a few of the items but they were so hard that we gave up trying lol. Don't get me wrong we had a blast trying to draw c-3po, r2-d2,lukes speeder, and bb-8. So with that being said I don't think kids can draw these unless they are awesome at drawing.
This book delivers what it promises. It shows step by step how to draw a variety of Star Wars droids and vehicles. Steps are broken down in detail.
My family really enjoys the Star Wars franchise, so i thought this book would be right up our alley. There are about 10 various vehicles and droids to choose from, from R2D2 to the Speeder.  i thought R2D2 looked the easiest, so i started out there.  I'm generally okay at copying simple pictures, and i did okay with him. But i knew i didnt have the expertise or patience for any of the others.  My daughter has been drawing a good bit for the last year or so.  She put a lot more effert into her R2, and he turned out much better than mine.  While there are a few pages on drawing techniques and materials,  I think that this book is for someone with at least an intermediate experience level of drawing.  it had nice options for star wars fans.
thanks walter foster creative team and netgalley.
Absolutely 5 stars from everyone in this family!!! Yes, we love Star Wars but being fans we have seen the movies, been to the theme park in FL, even read the books.~ This added a whole other dimension to our enjoyment!
This how to book is awesome! My husband is a big Star Wars fan and he really enjoyed looking through this and learning how to draw some cool parts from Star Wars! The how-tos are quite detailed and show many pictures for the progression of the image you are drawing. Great find! Great gift for any Star Wars lover or general artist!
Cutting no corners, everything needed to get started was meticulously laid out. Taking first things first, all the materials and tools needed to get right to work were listed. The good news was that expenses were kept to a minimum - just graphite pencils and paper. Leaving no stones unturned, several pencil techniques were clearly shown. Helpful tips were labeled and identified for getting the right texture where needed. That was a big plus. From rough to finished drawings, painstaking sketches were carefully displayed step-by-step indicating each level of increasing competency. In the case of K-250 alone, there were thirteen individual steps involved to arrive at completion. That's what I call guidance. This is a must have tutorial for any Star War fans with a flair for drawing.

I send my gratitude to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Walter Foster for this ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
Learn to Draw Star Wars: Droids & Vehicles: Draw favorite Star Wars droids and vehicles, including R2-D2, C-3PO, a T-70 X-Wing, and more, in graphite pencil by Walter Foster Creative Team is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. I enjoyed this book! It is a step by step book but not for beginners. You must know some basics and shading. This would be good for teens or adults.
There are lots of wonderful characters to draw and tips and instructions on how to make them! I definitely want this book! Great book with tons of pictures and characters!
I was hoping for a more simple approach as I have no drawing experience. However, my husband who is a big Star Wars fan and can draw loved this book!

Thank you NetGalley for this ARC.
I do not draw on a regular basis and I guess I have only average talent for it. I manage to draw what I see in a way that the resulting image is reasonably recognizable (at least my son is content with it). So I hoped that this book could help me draw some Star Wars figures for him - or maybe even with him. But the book seems to be made for people who already can draw - which IMHO makes the book somewhat useless to begin with.

Each figure is shown in a couple of step-by-step pictures, starting with some rough forms and filling in more and more detail. However, it is hard to figure out which lines and details have been added with each picture, as the steps taken are way too large. It may have been a good thing to show the added lines in a different color which would make it easier to recognize them, and to show some more pictures in-between.

At least I can trace some of the figures, but for that I don't need this book.
Kind of disappointing book. Yes it present some droids and ships from Star Wars and sketch by sketch, one step at a time, way to make them, but it's about it, and it's stuff you can easily find on the Internet for free, so why pay for a book with that... not so sure! The drawing are also advance level, important to note it, and kids or even adult, won't be event to draw them unless having a good proper background in drawing. Not bad, but not really a necessity!