Cover Image: Charity's Burden

Charity's Burden

Interesting story about the death of a young mother, a patient of a midwife. The midwife can't seem to help herself from trying to solve the case. Lots of twists that keeps you jumping frim one character to another.
Charity's Burden is a good cozy mystery. It's everything you would expect and a great addition to the series. This story is engaging and entertaining with loveable characters. It's a must read for cozy mystery fans. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Rose Carroll is a Quaker midwife in the late 1800s in Massachusetts. When one of her patients bleeds to death, Rose suspects it was more than a miscarriage.  But was it an illegal abortion, or was the young mother murdered?  Rose suspects the latter and finds that there are quite a few suspects and motives too.

While Rose tries to stick to her calling, she can’t help but find out more details without even trying at times.  But when her buggy is hit one evening, Rose realizes she may be getting too close to the truth and her own safety is at risk.

With a police detective as an ally, a doctor as a fiancé, and the town post mistress as a confidant, Rose is unlike any other Quaker you may be familiar with.  The mystery is well laid out and you get a glimpse into the quaker life.  An enjoyable cozy mystery.
I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, atmosphere, and characters.  I would recommend the book to friends and family for their reading pleasure.
Another excellent edition to a wonderful series! Full of twists and turns that leaves you wanting more and enjoying each moment until the end when the killer is caught.
I had a really hard time with this book 😎. I can't come up with the answer to why I had such a hard time with this story. Wanting to know for sure who done it is what kept me reading to the end😎