Duchess by Deception

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

I received a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Success by deception was the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it.  Catherine is trying to find a key buried by her grandmother on Derek's property when Catherine is discovered by him. There is also the story of Catherine's sister Madeline and Derek's cousin Simon.  The biggest problem was not only was is instalove for both couples it was Insta wedding as well.  But overall the story was fun and enjoyable.
This is not a typical Marie Force book.  I have read and loved her contemporary romance and romantic suspense.  This is an historical romance.  I am not a true historical lover but wanted to try this book just because she was the author.  I did read and enjoy the book, but I did have problems with a few small things.  I am not fond of people keeping secrets from loved ones.  I much prefer her Fatal series

I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
This historical book is quite different from the author's normal contemporary romances.  However, if you like this historical romance genre you will enjoy this book.  Cat is 25 (quite old to be unmarried at the time) and is running from a forced marriage to an old reprobate. Derek, the Duke, finds her on his estate digging on his land trying to find a treasure her Grandmother has left there.  The relationship between Derek and Cat is up and down with Derek lying about who he really is.  There is also another plot development dealing with Cat's sister and Derek's cousin so it does drag a bit.  I found this book to be an fun read although I had some issues with how the characters' placement in society...some of it is not really accurate or believable.

I received a free ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Definitely a good read with enjoyable storyline and well-thought characters. The book was mostly fine excpet a couple of pet-peeves of mine, but it was totally worth it to lose two afternmons in it.

For a more detailed review please see my blog :)
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
Catherine McCabe is being forced to wed a horrible man. She runs away to the Duke of Westwood's estate based on a story from her grandmother. Cat does not like the man has become since he inherited a title, which makes she despise the aristocracy. Derek Eagan needs to marry before his 30th birthday or the title will go to his greedy uncle, who has always wanted the title and prestige that comes with it. Derek meets Cat on this property and is intrigued by her, but hides his identity from her to discover her motives for why she is on his property. They quickly fall in love and marry, though Derek has been lying to Cat. Derek wants to protect Cat from the evil viscount who is promised to her. When Cat learns the truth, Derek will need to prove his love is true to Cat. There is also a secondary plot with Cat's sister and Derek's cousin.