Cover Image: Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time

Just finished reading another fabulous book by jill and as always she doesn't disappoint. The characters and the story kept me guessing and although you know the ending its nice to read how and read it all unfold. Yet again you have that filling of sadness when completing it but I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book.
Mimi is walking in the country side for miles. She comes across a man and a sheep. She helps out with the pregnant sheep. The dialogue was boring. I tryed to like Mimi but I really didn't like the book.
This book is just precious and such a fun read. I read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review it.
Who wouldn't love this book!?  The characters make you feel you are part of their lives, you experience their highs and lows just as you would in your own lives with the hope that the ending would turn out well for them, after all a fairy tale always does doesn't it? This is a fabulous book, humorous, poignant and a true reflection of modern life.  A great read - highly recommended.
Jill Mansell books never disappoint. Mimi visits her dad in Goosebrook and loves everything about it including Hal. She soon starts to fall for Hal, but they never seem to be on the same page at the same time.

A great, fun read and I would highly recommend!
This was a fun, easy romantic comedy, and a welcome break from some more serious books.  Goosebrook sounds so charming, I want to visit the town and it’s cast of characters.  Mimi’s boss, CJ, was hysterical.  The anticipation of waiting to find out whether Mimi and Cal will end up together made me want to read as quickly as possible.  While the book had sad and poignant moments, overall it left me feeling good and wanting more,
I always enjoy Jill Mansell books - this one was no exception.  The story was sweet and the setting and characters are always well developed.  Good, easy, read!
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel from Jill.  The story follows Mimi through so many emotional ups and downs and lessons learned.  I loved how multi-dimensional the story was.  The reader thinks they are settling in for a typical chic read and it is anything but.  Jill does a great job of keeping readers on the edge of their seats and making them feel and connect with the characters emotions.
On her first visit to her father and Marcus’s new home in the Cotswolds, Mimi meets Cal when she thinks he’s attacking a sheep. In the ensuing few months, she fantasizes about him, so is disappointed to find that he’s married and a father.  Thus begins a tumultuous four years, full of tragedy, heartbreak, bad relationships, and missed opportunities. Will the time ever be right for these two to admit how they feel about each other or will fate conspire to keep them apart?

Once again, Mansell has woven a story with a range of human emotions, seemingly star-crossed lovers, quirky and charming secondary characters, and an idyllic English village that begs the readers to move right in. This is one of her best books yet and both her fans and others who enjoy Sophie Kinsella and Jenny Colgan will want to read this one pronto. If you haven’t had the pleasure of a Mansell book, start with this. Highly recommended!

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Sourcebooks Landmark through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
***I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Jill Mansell and Sourcebooks Landmark.***

If you’ve ever read a Jill Mansell book, then Maybe This Time will feel like coming home. There's a whole cast of characters to meet and fall for, and her wonderful, flowing writing. Mimi visits her dad at his new place in Goosebrook, and falls in love with the place and the people. Every time she returns, she falls a little harder, especially for Cal. He's handsome and welcoming whenever they cross paths, but they can't seem to get their romantic timing right.

Mansell has a knack for weaving together the lives of a group of characters and unraveling a story in a witty and patient fashion, and this book is no exception. I spent the whole book wondering if Cal and Mimi would get together, and I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wanted more of them in the book. That’s not to say this wasn’t a lovely story. I loved all of the villagers save for the one who was manipulative. I won’t say more about that to avoid giving spoilers. Overall, it was a lovely read. I just wanted more Cal and Mimi.
A lovely book by a favourite author!  You can't go wrong with jill Mansell!!!

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
Lovely feel good read. It was well written and flowed well. I enjoyed it very much. The plot was good and interesting. Hard to put down
This is a very sweet but dramatic love story.  Mimi, a city gal, is visiting with her Dad, who lives in the countryside and ends up falling in love with the town (and maybe a man as well 😉).  Mimi meets many of the residents and we learn about their stories and backgrounds.  You meet a sweet girl who has been through more than an 11 year old should.
I enjoyed the story and fell in love with the town as well!  It was a little long and drawn-out in my opinion, which is the only thing dropping it to a 4/5!
Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Mimi has a dramatic start to her visit to Goosebrooke when she meets the obnoxious Henrietta and then the funny incident with Cal and the sheep,  but she soon starts to enjoy the village life and tries to help her father and his new partner Marcus to join in in the community or at least give the pub a try!  She is soon making good friends in the village,  but there is always the pull of Cal...... will there ever be a right time for both of them!

Another lovely story by Jill Mansell,  I always jump at the chance to read one of her books and this one doesn't disappoint,  as always warmhearted with a great cast of likeable characters and lots of zany incidents.   Great light summer read.
I spent a large majority of the book wondering if Mimi was ever going to get together with the man she blatantly has a massive crush on. After all her timings with him whenever they meet are always off.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of ‘Maybe This Time’ by Jill Mansell in exchange for an honest review.

Oh, Jill Mansell has done it again! This might be my favourite Mansell novel. There was just the right about of twists and turns. The characters were likeable for the most part, or at least had a redeeming quality or two.

Mimi, Cal, Cora, Martin, Lois, Paddy etc... existed in a small town. The tragedy and ability for the characters to overcome these obstacles made for a great read.
I LOVED. This, and I totally didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. I thought it would be really predictable boy meets girl and they keep trying to get together - but for some reason can’t. I was wrong! Some seriously heartbreaking parts in this book along with the contrasts of the feel good moments, it’s just wonderful. Brilliant bath time reading!
I've read a couple of Jill's books in the past which is why I didn't hesitate to request this one. I love that it is set in the beautiful Cotswolds which is only an hour away from where I live and such a pretty area with its honey coloured stone. The reason I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 is because it took me a while to get into this story, and to warm to the characters.  I did eventually and was so glad there was a happy ending for Mimi and Cal. Not one of my personal favourites but I did enjoy it and do recommend it.
Really enjoyed this book. It kept me interested all the way through. I would definitely recommend to a fellow reader. I like the cover as well.
I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read a Jill Mansell book for years but I’ll cerainly be back reading them now.
Mimi was the main character, circumstances making her leave London for Goosebrook in the Cotswolds, where her dad and his partner Marcus live .
The story followed the lives of the villagers , Cal and his family, Paddy, Lois , Felix and not forgetting  Henrietta .All the main characters were strong and I loved how each of their stories carried on through the book. You felt you were part of the village reading this book
The story followed Mimi and Cal,    Two friends . They were clearly meant for each other  but the timing was never right.
This is an uplifting story with very likeable characters, it follows the characters over a few years and covers  how their lives unfold.
This was a very enjoyable book and I will certainly look out for the next one.
Thank you to Netgalley and Headline for giving me the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review