"Why Being Happy Matters"

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2019

I really enjoyed this boo, it put life into perspective in its entirety, there is more to life that material things and money. A really inspiring and motivation read. excellent thanks for the ARC.
As someone that has struggled with depression for a while now, I can confidently say that this book does help. Not only do you laugh a bit, but you only start to question why you were ever so down. I read this anytime I had a hard day and it made me feel so much better.
Wasn't quite what I expected from the description. The 'interviews' weren't particularly insightful or in any depth.
There is certainly interesting information here, but the interview after interview (37 in total) format got long.  Take out the quotes and there is not much more to this book.  As I was reading, I found it hard to believe that every person quoted had the same linguistic stylings.  Maybe, even though each sentence had quotes around it, they weren’t EXACTLY quotes?  Maybe.  They just sounded similar in that way.  The description itself says the book would tell us the “Seven Steps to Happiness.”  I didn’t find it (at least not written that way) in the chapters I read, and did a search which produced nothing, so I’m not sure where they are but I couldn’t find them.  I could not finish this book.  It just got so long and monotonous for the above reasons.  I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and the publisher to read and give my honest opinion.