Till Death Do Us Part

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Sep 2019

Wow, what a page turner, this was a fantastic first-rate read and one I could easily read again and again. If you haven't tried this author before then this is a fab way to start. Will definitely be checking out his other reads.
Perfect psychological thriller!  It moved at a fast pace with twists and turns throughout!  I couldn’t put it down!  Highly recommend!
I'll be honest, I picked up this book only because I found the cover so damn enticing and dark! I had no intention of getting wound in a domestic pity-party because that is what I thought of this book to be until I actually read it.
Till Death Do Us Part opens with a tragic and dark chapter and manages to keep you going till the very end. I liked this book a lot, until the end. That, to be honest, I did not like!
Alice Tandy has dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl. The perfect venue, the perfect dress, the perfect groom. It’s all going exactly to plan. But then her whole world comes tumbling down. Just as she and her new husband Ben are cutting their wedding cake, three policemen storm in and arrest Ben. Alice looks on in horror, unable to comprehend what is happening.  The next day, Ben is released on bail, but for Alice, the nightmare is only just beginning. And as more details about the murder of Kerry Valentine emerge she starts to realize that everyone around her is keeping secrets. Can she trust anyone? And who really killed Kerry?
The storyline of this book is compelling and makes you want to keep reading the next chapter and then the next. This whodunnit keeps you guessing till the very end.
There was a sub-plot in here, related to Mary which I felt could have been covered in a bit more detail. Basically, all I gathered from that subplot was a 'he said-she said' scenario which left a few questions in my head. The ending also didn't sit too well on me. And, although I didn't like the turns the story took, the writing is very good, the characters are well-defined.
Thank you, NetGalley, Killer Reads & Stephen Edger for an arc!
This was not my type of book and I was very disappointed in it.
I had such high hopes for this book
I would like to thank the author, the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book. It was an enjoyable read with well written characters.
I really enjoyed this fast paced thriller about a woman who’s husband is arrested for murder on their wedding day. Although he denies everything she keeps catching him out in lie after lie and she is starting to get the impression she may also be in danger. Can you trust the man you love?
A page turner of a book, kept me gripped till the shock ending.
It is Alice's wedding day and the reception is in full swing when her husband Ben is arrested for the murder of a lap dancer at his stag do. Alice is shocked and is determined to find out more. It does not help when she discovers Ben has lied to her and wonders who her husband is. Also Ben's friends who went on the stag do seem to be covering up something. Is Ben the killer or his best friend Dave?? A brilliant read and very unputdownable!! I will be looking out for more books by Stephen Edger
Great book , kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. I read a lot of thrillers but I didn’t know who did it . Will be reading more from this author
Alice Tandy has dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl. The perfect venue, the perfect dress, the perfect groom. It’s all going exactly to plan, then her whole world comes tumbling down. Just as she and her new husband Ben are cutting their wedding cake, three policemen storm in and arrest Ben. Alice looks on in horror, unable to comprehend what is happening. Did they say murder?

The next day, Ben is released on bail, but for Alice, the nightmare is only just beginning. And as more details about the murder of Kerry Valentine emerge she starts to realise that everyone around her is keeping secrets. Can she trust anyone? And who really killed Kerry?

I love this authors writing style, the description he uses and the characters all just flow nicely. None of the characters were real likeable but I think that's what made me like the book even more. This one really leaves you guessing until the end!

Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC of Till Death Do Us Part by Stephen Edger
Pub Date: 17 May 2019
Alice and Ben have just gotten married and are heading to their wedding reception.  Alice teaches school, Ben owns a successful logistics company, and they live in a large and beautiful home.

Alice has been planning her wedding for a long time and wants everything to be perfect.  Just as they are cutting the cake, the police arrive and arrest Ben for the murder of a young woman named Kerry Valentine.  Kerry was a strip dancer who used this job to make extra money to care for her young son whom she adored.

Kerry had been hired by one of Ben’s friends to do a strip tease and a lap dance for Ben at his bachelor’s party.  Now, police want to know how she ended up being stabbed to death and with Ben’s DNA on her.

When Ben is released from police custody the next day. Alice is frantic to know what happened.  When anonymous notes start arriving for her saying Ben is a murderer, she is so confused and doesn’t know what to do and whom to trust.

Follows is the fallout of Ben’s arrest and all of his friends' possible involvement.  Is Ben telling the truth when he says he is innocent?  How can that be when so many things happen that question his innocence?

The group of Ben’s friends are all a bunch of immature jerks, but they have been friends for many years and they are loyal to one another.  There are simply too many different storylines happening in this book that make it a bit too busy.  I did not like Alice because I feel she is a naive, trusting fool.  An OK mystery but not one I would care to read again.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Well this one is very dark indeed? Very twisted, very atmospheric and has a storyline that portrays everyone’s worst scenario.
I was gripped from the start with this book. When Ben was arrested at his wedding to Alice, suspected of murder, It became a roller coaster of a ride. So many lies, secrets and revelations. Who to believe and who not to believe. So many suspects to choose from. A brilliant standalone thriller.
I didn't finish this because I honestly didn't get invested enough to continue reading. The writing failed to grip me and I felt as if I'd read this story several times already.
What a Brilliant Book Till Death Do Us Part by Stephen Edger was. WoW................I was hooked from the very first few pages and I was gripped, its defiantly a page turner.
This book is full of secrets and lies amongst friends and family. What was meant to be the happiest day of your life your wedding day is ruined. Your new husband is arrested for MURDER. WoW what a start of a book.............A simple Stag night celebration that went wrong.
This book kept me guessing until the big reveal I was shocked. OMG.........didn't see that coming!

Great easy read book and will have you gripped......

Highly recommend this Author Stephen Edger. His books just get better and better.

5 Big Fat stars.

I would like to thank Stephen Edger, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads and Netgalley for the ARC in return for giving an honest review. I loved it.
Brilliant story that leaves you completely in the dark and your head in a spin . Everytime you think you know something else happens.  Loved the whole story from start to finish
I was intrigued with this storyline from start to finish, trying to guess what the ending would be but failing miserably. The author has a style of writing that is so easy to read, keeping you guessing until the very end. I have no hesitation in awarding 5* and thoroughly recommend this book, it’s an awesome read. Thanks to the author and publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
Thank you Netgalley, Harper Collins, Killer Reads and Stephen Edger for approving my request to read and review this tantalising psychological 'thriller.
From the Groom's arrest at his wedding reception this book is a twisty rollercoaster read.
Poor Alice (The bride) certainly goes through the mill letting her emotions run rife whilst trying to understand the sequence of events.
Details are explained in the synopsis , therefore I will not elaborate further only to add that this is an excellent ,compelling, easy CPID  (could not put it down) read teeming with surprises.

The  male characters are a suspicious bunch , with history. Just when you think you have the murderer sussed
another development occurs and you are back to square one leading to an unexpected ending.

Stephen Edger never fails to deliver a compelling read and I highly recommend this. It is well worth reading and worthy of 5* from me
Til Death Do Us Part by Stephen Edger is a psychological thriller

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Harper Collins and Killer Reads, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis:    (No major reveals, but if concerned, skip to My Opinions)
Alice Tandy’s wedding day was a disaster. She’d spent the better part of two years making sure every detail would be perfect, anticipating every possible problem and coming up with a solution. She never anticipated that her new husband would be arrested for murder just after the ceremony.

It quickly becomes apparent that there are things that Ben has not been telling her. What does she really know about Ben and his friends? She is determined to find out.

My Opinions:
Another story about a naïve woman who suddenly finds her strength. Another book about lies. I think I have to find another genre. It's getting frustrating....and honestly a little hard to review without showing my exasperation. So I am going to try and base my review on this book alone, but with so many similarities to others I’ve read, it’s going to be hard.

To start....Unfortunately, none of the characters were likable, so it’s hard to get behind any of them. All of the women were weak except maybe Tara, who didn’t play much of a role, and Hazelton. The men were all A$$’es….all of them.

The writing was fine, and it had a surprising twist at the end. I enjoyed that. It was entertaining, so that was another point in its favor.

Overall, it was okay, and I know some will love it, just as I have enjoyed some of this author’s other books. To each their own. It is not a bad book. This one just didn't have the zing I look for.
This is a gripping crime thriller full of twists and turns.
Alice is shocked when her new husband Ben is arrested for murder on their wedding night, and is determined to find out what happened.
He’s soon released but with no passport, they can’t go on their honeymoon.
Ben’s friend Dave seems to be spending more time at theirs and Alice knows the pair of them are hiding something.
Alice’s close friend soon needs her and once again more secrets seem to be coming to the surface.
The woman murdered was the stripper at Ben’s stag do but Alice can’t bring herself to believe he was involved.
Soon she starts to receive letters saying Ben is a killer and she needs to leave him, but she has no idea who they’re from.
Events take a turn for the worse and soon there’s another life in danger.
This is a great psychological crime thriller they had me hooked.
Thanks to Harper Impulse and Killer Reads and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.
It is every little girls dream to get married and when the day finally comes for Alice Tandy, she never would have thought that one of the most important days of her life would turn into one of her worst nightmares!

The day starts out perfectly and everything goes without a hitch. That is until the wedding is crashed by the police right when Alice and her new husband Ben are about to cut the wedding cake!

The nightmare for Alice begins when the police reveal why they are there, and that is to arrest Ben for murder! They couldn’t be more wrong….could they? Her husband is not a killer….is he? And why do the police think that he has committed the crime?

If the police think that Ben is their man, what connection does he have to the victim Kerry Valentine, as Ben claims has no idea who she is. But is he being truthful?

What follows are twists and turns with Alice seeking out the truth, but can she help Ben clear his name or will she have to face the fact that her new husband is a killer!

What a read! This is the first book I have read from Stephen and it definitely will not be my last! I was gripped right from the start and could not stop reading till I knew how this ended and I was not disappointed! I am looking forward to more of Stephen’s work in the future.

I rate this book ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thank-you to NetGalley, KillerReads and Stephen Edger for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Till Death Do Us Part in exchange for an honest review.

All opinions are my own and are not biased in any way.