Hard-Riding Cowboy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Feb 2019

This was a hard one for me. The angst just seemed so blah. I didn't understand it. Maybe if I'd have read the other books. But the angst, both between Nash/Megan and Nash/her Dad, felt forced and was just dragged out.

We never really got an answer to WHO was behind all the bad at the ranch. Yes it was sorta hinted at, but never truly confirmed.

I don't know it just didn't flow right for me.
I really liked this author. This was the first book of hers that I've read and it reminded me of the writing style of Jill Shalvis. Nash was a super hot cowboy and him and Megan had great chemistry. The book starts off with a bang and I loved that! I really enjoyed the storyline and plot, but sometimes it felt like the storyline just went in circles. Megan wants to be with Nash, but there's a family rivalry and she just wants it to end. That part of the book just kept on coming up over and over again. Other than that I really enjoyed the book and the secondary characters added to the overall story. I wouldn't hesitate to read another novel by Stacey Kennedy. **ARC provided by NetGalley. All opinions are my own**
This hot hot book deserves 10 stars! Nash and Megan start the book off celebrating at Chase and Harper's wedding! I love that he calls her Freckles. I love that the chase and the scorching hot chemistry that flies off the page. And who can't love Gus especially when the kittens come home with Nash. I won't give away the story line but Stacey gives us the best book yet. I thought Chase was my favorite but Nash just took the lead. He's been lost since he was hurt and off the PBR. That speech that Shep gives Megan about her and Nash gave me chills. There was drama with her father and Nash! I loved the scene in the hospital bed...wowza. This is a re-read for sure!
Have read Stacey Kennedy for many years.  She is skilled in character development and romantic prose. This is part of a series so to get the full effect read from the beginning.  Kinky Spurs is a bar that is enjoyed by cowboys and cowgirls alike.  "A copy of this book was provided by St Martin's Press via Netgalley with no requirements for a review."
I've received a ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Blackshaw and Harrison clan have a old family rivalry that hasn’t settled even into Nash and Megan adulthood. Despite the tension, there has always been a connection between the two, and from early on, the chase began. The chemistry between the two characters are off the charts and when one intimate night changes their lives forever, they join together to help their families push aside their differences to become one. But that itself has become a challenge when Megan’s father and Nash have difficulty putting aside their past differences especially when things starts becoming wary on the Blackshaw land.

After the overall read, surprisingly, I was blown away by this novel. I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with cowboy romance novels but right off the bat the chemistry between the characters was mucho caliente, the likability of the leads was there, the pace was steady and the overall content was enjoyable. Would definitely recommend to readers who are looking for a heartwarming cowboy romance that will surely leave you swooning for more.
Megan owns a bar called Kinky Spurs. Nash was a former bull rider until a back injury took him out. Now he works on his family’s ranch running the working ranch part. People come and stay and have the real ranching experience. Both families have been feuding for years. At Nash’s brothers wedding he finally corners Megan and they have one night together. Which leads to a big surprise. Someone is trying to destroy their ranch and Nash believes he knows who is behind everything. In order to keep Megan happy, he must try to put his hatred for her father aside.
Sexy cowboys. Feud. Mystery. Smoking hot sex. Great story that will warm your heart.
* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
I thought Hard-Riding Cowboy was a cute, quick read. This was a Romeo/Juliet, love caught in the middle story. SPOILER ALERT - The story started off with a bang (literally) and then an unplanned pregnancy (even though protection was used) showed up pages later. This might be personal preference but I wish the story and chemistry had built more, and more steamy scenes occurred, before the pregnancy card was dropped. All in all, this was a fun read, and Nash and Megan did indeed have a lot of chemistry.
I skimmed through my ARC copy and if you enjoy erotic-lite cowboy stories focused on rope/dirty talk and pregnancy, you'll enjoy this romance. From the series title and the description I wouldn't have minded a bit more kink.

SPOILERS
I sort of hate when authors choose to show the characters responsibly using birth control (in this instance a condom) but then having it spectacularly fail and immediately resulting in an unplanned pregnancy. My own personal dislike, but one I thought I'd note.
Hard-Riding Cowboy, is a very hot erotic book from beginning until the end.  Nash's dog Gus and the kittens were just the icing on the cake. So cute!