The Lines Between Us

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 May 2019

This is a book by a journalist who took a hard look at the segregated history, and the history of segregation, of Baltimore, MD. If you've read the Kerner Report...you already know what happened (and is still happening).

Recommended for history geeks, civil rights scholars, housing and education activists, and legislators at every level.
The Lines Between Us Two Families and a Quest to Cross Baltimore’s Racial Divide Lawrence Lanahan was eye-opening read. Over the past year investigation Journalism has become my new favorite and I am so happy to add this book to my new favorite list.  Lanahan dives deep into politics, segregated neighborhoods and more, Lanahan did his research on this one, and because of that I have moved Evicted and The Color of Law up on my “To Be Read” list. I know I am not saying much here but this book is phenomenal, it should be a required read. America we still have work to do. Thank you, News Press, and NetGalley for this free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I'm a fan of his writing and this was very interesting--but I think I would have found it more useful(?) if I had a better understanding of Baltimore. And I didn't. Still, excellent research and analysis.
I did not finish this one. The writing was stilted and the point of view felt privileged and out of touch in places