The Theft of America’s Soul

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

If you love Phil Robertson, y'all need to read this book! I will be back to give a full review, shortly!!

Thanks for the chance to read this book!!
While I did agree with some of his thoughts, I found this difficult to read, and after a while, found that I struggled to even continue to pick it up. The message is there, and the words ring true, it's the delivery that I found hard to read, and even redundant at a point. If you enjoy his writing style, then it would be fine, but I've found that I don't.
Unable to get to this at this time or in the near future, personal issues have forced limits on my time.
Phil Robertson is a modern day television celebrity phenomenon, although many of us have yet to sample his hit show.  Theft of America's Soul is Robertson's treatise on how our modern society has lost its way, morally and ethically.  Profoundly influenced by Robertson's reading of the Bible and its commandments, this book offers his views on a multitude of issues which divide our country.  He pulls no punches and tells it as he sees it.  Agree or disagree with him, it's always a fascinating ride.  Nevertheless, after a while, you get where he's coming from and you don't need to hear more.
I absolutely love Phil Robertson and reading his stories. He's honest and doesn't try to hide anything. His humor is wonderful. Have a notebook or highlighter handy when you read this book, as he sites Bible verses you will want to go back to. He tells you exactly what's wrong with America. Doesn't sugar-coat his words.
"Sitting in judgment is about as useful as cursing the fields for not producing enough millet or smartweed in any given season."
If you liked Duck Dynasty, you will want to read this.

Thank you to publisher and NetGalley for this eARC
In this book, Phil Robertson upholds his view as the Bible as the source of Truth.  His writing style is readable, personable, and straight to the point.  He doesn’t hold anything back.  But it’s also written with a dash of humor; an obvious love for people;  and leading others to salvation in Jesus Christ. His Christian worldview is sound, and his analysis of the problems in our country makes for compelling reading.  This is not Duck Dynasty.  This is a well thought out look at our current culture and the Christian’s role in it.  This book can have an impact on all who read it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
I love reading his books. The stories he tells are all from his life and what he has lived. It’s amazing to read just what he has gone through and the faith he holds today.
Phil Robertson is reliably funny and faithful.  As the star of the show "Duck Dynasty" he brought his humor, faith, family, and, of course, his love of duck hunting into America's living rooms.  In The Theft of America's Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies That Are Destroying Our Country, he calls on the rest of the country to reject the lies of the devil and turn to God.

Robertson doesn't abandon his good humor and goofiness, even in this book about some very serious topics.  For example, in a passage about his love of a strong cup of coffee, he writes, "one of the primary lies that threatens to steal the soul of America is this: European-named, lightly-tinted brown water filled with sugar and topped with whipped-cream swirl is the same thing as coffee."  I would imagine a lot of coffee drinkers will drink to that!

Most of the book is deadly serious.  I got a couple of impressions about Robertson and his faith.  First of all, he is passionate about sharing Jesus with people.  He is very open about his own wayward years.  He grew up in church, but without really knowing Jesus.  He got married young, and spent a lot of years drinking and whoring (his word).  After his wife left him and his life hit bottom, he turned to God and became a passionate preacher.  He doesn't miss many opportunities to spread the gospel.

The second impression sprouts from the first.  Given his journey into faith, he tends toward a legalistic faith.  Yes, he's calling people to turn to God and trust Jesus, but places a lot of emphasis on turning from sin.  Even as I write that, I think, "Well, that's the gospel."  To Robertson, it seems like he reverses the order: stop your sinful ways, then trust Jesus, placing the emphasis on the repentance and actions of the sinner.  I think more in terms of: trust Jesus, then you will stop your sinful ways, placing the emphasis on the grace and power of God.  I'm probably splitting hairs here.  I think I just want to understand the strong legalistic streak I see in Robertson's writing.

I certainly am not faulting him for his passion for other people to know Jesus.  He writes about preaching in the toughest prison in Louisiana, as well as sharing the gospel message with President Trump.  There aren't many people who can communicate effectively across demographic groups the way Robertson can!  Praise God that he has used his fame and media platform to consistently preach the gospel, even when it costs him.

If you enjoy "Duck Dynasty" you will certainly love The Theft of America's Soul.  It's Robertson at his most passionate.  Even if you're not a fan (I have never seen an episode), you will be challenged by Robertson's message that our nation needs to turn to God.  His is a solid, common-sense, God-centered message.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!
This book will answer your question about what's wrong with America. Phil Robertson doesn't sugar-coat his words and puts it point blank. If more people were like him this country wouldn't be in the shape it's in. In my opinion this is a must read book. It is full of biblical advice and gets to the heart of the matter. Thank you Harper Collins  Thomas Nelson via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
When you read Phil's book, have a notebook handy. You will need it to study the Bible verses he cites. This is a really good read. I highly recommend it.
You can tell author out a lot of heart and soul into this book. Powerful. Meaningful. Biblical. Truthful.  Great book.

Thanks to author,publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free,it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
I absolutely loved this book! I love how open he was about his past. People who read this should realize he is a conservative Christian who stands up for his beliefs and is completely devoted to them. Loved it! It gave me warm feelings in my heart. I stand by him and this book.