Cover Image: We Are the Gardeners

We Are the Gardeners

How Adorable! We Are The Gardeners by JoAnna Gaines is a gem. It is teaching in a fun way. This book brings children thoughts about the basics of gardening, but more than that, this book teaches values.
It is about creativity, being compassionate, and building of a work ethic.
This book puts art and life together wonderfully as it illustrates to children that hard work brings hope and of course perseverance.
It is a very beautifully illustrated book. I highly recommend this book to be read to little ones and can be self-read up to a 12/13-year-old target audience.
I am big Joanna Gaines fan and love gardening. So I couldn't wait to read this book.

If you are just staring out and want to create your own garden this book is for you. This book goes through how to plan out your garden and all the things you can encounter while going along. Joanna and her children learned many lessons from the fern Chip gave her. I loved that they planned it out as a family and gave readers some great tips. It is a family friendly book with lots of beautiful pictures and great advice.

Having a garden let's you eat healthy while you see all your labor growing right in front of you. It's something you can do alone or with your family, and this book is a great reference and a great addition to any library.  I loved the illustrations I thought they were exceptional!

Happy planting!
I found this book adorable! The story is sweet and has many subtle important life lessons for children. The illustrations are soft and beautiful. I cant wait to share it with my granddaughter and future students!
I would like to call it, a cute gardening guide for the young ones. It is not a guide though because it is more of like a story while at the same time giving a little basic information about gardening. Which I think would make the kids to want to do a gardening. The illustration is adorable. However, I feel like something is missing. Maybe I am expecting more? :)
The writing is very sweet and quite twee and the illustrations are pretty, however I think it would be more suitable for older children.  It's hard to pinpoint what audience this would fit exactly, and I wonder if the picture book format was the best choice.  I could see this serving its audience better as a juvenile graphic novel, perhaps.  That being said, as an adult I enjoyed the quick read and the flowery visuals.  A good message about perseverance through failure, though the factual asides can sometimes detract from the syrupy flow of words.
This book was cute, beautiful, and inspiring! The illustrations made it feel so Spring-y and bright. I love how along with teaching about plants, bugs, and gardening in general, it also gives a great lesson on perseverance. However, I did think it was a bit plain, it felt a bit to focused on teaching about gardening or about what the family likes to do and so it didn't have much emotion to it. It was great to see the kids doing a lot of the work in the book such as researching what plants need and being a part of the garden-planning process; I think it would be really inspiring to kids and make them want a garden of their own. Even I now feel like I want to start gardening!
This is a lovely book about growing a garden with those you love.  The illustrations are sweet, gently colorful and evocative.  The story is a simple one that is nicely told.  A family learns to appreciate growing things.  They start with a fern plant and, by the end of the book, have a gorgeous outdoor garden.

The author shows that, as is often true, things go well at times and not so well at others.  That first fern plant dies, a victim of over watering.  Aphids invade.  Earthworms help. Readers will learn that persistence, teamwork and a willingness to fail are important qualities for gardeners.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review. As we move into spring and summer, this charming book will encourage gardening.
A lovely children's book with beautiful illustrations that will appeal to little kids. I loved that through the act of gardening, the author has managed to incorporate the really important life lessons of resilience, perseverance and the value of hard work.
Very cute book with great illustrations! We are the Gardeners is about taking care of what's been entrusted to you. It covers much more than just how to start and tend a garden, It also talks about how to  tend to the relationships that are important to you. This is a great children's book to add to any collection. Both my daughters  ages 4 and 7 loved it!  We have already added the hardcover version to our home library!

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book for my honest opinion!
This is a wonderful children's book with an important message about hard work, taking care of things, and watching the hard work pay off as a garden grows. The illustrations are fantastic and do a great job of bringing the story to life.
Sweet and beautifully illustrated with watercolor paintaing, this small book is clever, funny and uplifting.
Using a limited number of pages, it manages to nudge children toward gardening, state the hassles of keeping your plants alive, AND teach the children the useful life lesson of trying again. It also captures the dreamy aspirations of a wannabe gardener family and I could totally relate.
This is an excellent choice for when you want to snuggle with your children and daydream together. I would consider buying the paperback version because it's a beautiful piece of work that merits to be appreciated in a printed form.
Beautiful illustrations make this a comforting read for younger elementary students or older toddlers with a parent. Full of information on gardening and how it brings a family together across generations.
My four year old and I loved this book! The illustrations are just darling, and it's one we'll return to again and again.
Loved reading this precious book with my two young children. The illustrations were beautiful and the story was endearing!
This book is adorable! It would be a lot of fun to read with kids. Definitely written more for kids than adults, but I think that is implied in the style of the book.
A beautiful and charming book about the adventures of starting your own family garden! From the first single fern plant to a whole booming, flowery oasis, Joanna Gaines gently chronicles the highs and lows of growing a happy, healthy and successful garden.

From hilarious run-ins with naughty goats, hungry rabbits and sneaky chickens to the magic of sowing your first seeds or in witnessing your first bloom, Gaines shares each of their failures, set-backs, results and achievements so that those reading can learn from their lessons. Creating and tending to your own garden is a genuine pride and joy for many and Julianna Swaney's lush and whimsical illustrations perfectly capture the wonder, curiosity and happiness that come with it.

A gorgeous celebration of nature and nurture, hope and determination, We Are the Gardeners will be treasured by many little green fingered children.
A sweet story about gardening as a family. Anyone who loves Joanna Gaines will enjoy this book for the youngest readers in their house. A lovely gift for a family looking to begin gardening. Ages 1+
I have to admit I don't know the Gaines family as I'm not American but that didn't matter when reading this picture book. I enjoy gardening, so that's what drew me to this book. It contains the most beautiful illustrations. The best I have seen in a long time! The story is lovely and inspirational too. I would love to own a physical copy of this book. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital copy.
This was the perfect book to read today for Earth Day!  What a lovely book filled with beautiful illustrations.  Thank you NetGalley and Thomas Nelson for an ecopy of this book.
As I lost this book's eARC, I, unfortunately, won't be able to review it. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you understand and forgive me.