Cover Image: We Are the Gardeners

We Are the Gardeners

This is a lovely book about growing a garden with those you love.  The illustrations are sweet, gently colorful and evocative.  The story is a simple one that is nicely told.  A family learns to appreciate growing things.  They start with a fern plant and, by the end of the book, have a gorgeous outdoor garden.

The author shows that, as is often true, things go well at times and not so well at others.  That first fern plant dies, a victim of over watering.  Aphids invade.  Earthworms help. Readers will learn that persistence, teamwork and a willingness to fail are important qualities for gardeners.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review. As we move into spring and summer, this charming book will encourage gardening.
A lovely children's book with beautiful illustrations that will appeal to little kids. I loved that through the act of gardening, the author has managed to incorporate the really important life lessons of resilience, perseverance and the value of hard work.
Very cute book with great illustrations! We are the Gardeners is about taking care of what's been entrusted to you. It covers much more than just how to start and tend a garden, It also talks about how to  tend to the relationships that are important to you. This is a great children's book to add to any collection. Both my daughters  ages 4 and 7 loved it!  We have already added the hardcover version to our home library!

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book for my honest opinion!
This is a wonderful children's book with an important message about hard work, taking care of things, and watching the hard work pay off as a garden grows. The illustrations are fantastic and do a great job of bringing the story to life.
Sweet and beautifully illustrated with watercolor paintaing, this small book is clever, funny and uplifting.
Using a limited number of pages, it manages to nudge children toward gardening, state the hassles of keeping your plants alive, AND teach the children the useful life lesson of trying again. It also captures the dreamy aspirations of a wannabe gardener family and I could totally relate.
This is an excellent choice for when you want to snuggle with your children and daydream together. I would consider buying the paperback version because it's a beautiful piece of work that merits to be appreciated in a printed form.
Beautiful illustrations make this a comforting read for younger elementary students or older toddlers with a parent. Full of information on gardening and how it brings a family together across generations.
My four year old and I loved this book! The illustrations are just darling, and it's one we'll return to again and again.
Loved reading this precious book with my two young children. The illustrations were beautiful and the story was endearing!
This book is adorable! It would be a lot of fun to read with kids. Definitely written more for kids than adults, but I think that is implied in the style of the book.
A beautiful and charming book about the adventures of starting your own family garden! From the first single fern plant to a whole booming, flowery oasis, Joanna Gaines gently chronicles the highs and lows of growing a happy, healthy and successful garden.

From hilarious run-ins with naughty goats, hungry rabbits and sneaky chickens to the magic of sowing your first seeds or in witnessing your first bloom, Gaines shares each of their failures, set-backs, results and achievements so that those reading can learn from their lessons. Creating and tending to your own garden is a genuine pride and joy for many and Julianna Swaney's lush and whimsical illustrations perfectly capture the wonder, curiosity and happiness that come with it.

A gorgeous celebration of nature and nurture, hope and determination, We Are the Gardeners will be treasured by many little green fingered children.
A sweet story about gardening as a family. Anyone who loves Joanna Gaines will enjoy this book for the youngest readers in their house. A lovely gift for a family looking to begin gardening. Ages 1+
I have to admit I don't know the Gaines family as I'm not American but that didn't matter when reading this picture book. I enjoy gardening, so that's what drew me to this book. It contains the most beautiful illustrations. The best I have seen in a long time! The story is lovely and inspirational too. I would love to own a physical copy of this book. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital copy.
This was the perfect book to read today for Earth Day!  What a lovely book filled with beautiful illustrations.  Thank you NetGalley and Thomas Nelson for an ecopy of this book.
As I lost this book's eARC, I, unfortunately, won't be able to review it. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you understand and forgive me.
We Are the Gardeners was such a fun read! It begins with the story of a well-loved fern, and tells the tale of a beautiful garden and the children who grew it. Come along with the Gaines family as they share their gardening journey. Learn about the critters who help the garden grow-- and those who eat it!

My kids and I loved the gorgeous illustrations and fun storyline, and we think you will too! This is a book we will definitely be adding to our library.

*I was provided a complimentary copy from NetGalley and the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love gardening and I love children's picture books, so this book was a lovely, little read.

Gardening is hard work, and this book let's you know how our lead family became gardeners! They started small and worked their way up to a more difficult garden. Failure was welcome because you learn from each step! They learned that some plants only like to sip water, not devour it. The ferns did well, but some other plants were much more difficult and required specialized attention!

The colour palette is soft and delightful, plus the pictures are also super cute. They fit the story well and make it feel very homey.

Overall, this book is great! I'd highly recommend young readers to pick this book up!

Four out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas Nelson for allowing me a copy of this book to read in exchange of an honest review.
As beautifully illustrated as you’d imagine a children’s book by Joanna Gaines to be, and a thoughtful look on caring for the earth. I definitely recommend for children and adults alike!
We are the gardeners by Joana Gaines. I really liked this book. Teaches children how to take care of a plant and than how to garden. I really loved the pictures. I would purchase this book and someday give the book to my granddaughter to be.
What a delightful little book!  It has everything I look for in a children's book I'm going to purchase... a story with a good lesson, an engaging storyline and beautiful illustrations.  My boys will love this book and I can't wait to add it to our home library!
We Are the Gardeners is a beautiful kids book with lovely pictures and a sweet message. It's instructional and encouraging.