Cover Image: We Are the Gardeners

We Are the Gardeners

I didn't know that this family is famous (not living in the U.S. and so on, but I strongly recommend this book to children (and adults) to learn about the struggle of having plants and flowers.

Non sapevo che questa fosse una famiglia famosa (non vivendo negli Stati Uniti e non guardando la tv), ma mi sento di raccomandare questo libro ai bambini ( e anche agli adulti) per imparare come sia difficile prendersi cura di piante e fiori.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
A cute story by my favorite family, the Gaines. The illustrations are very kid frien,day and colorful. The narrative is instructional and not condescending. The messages interlaced in the story are very positive and beneficial for every reader, no matter what age. A sweet introduction to young readers about the joys and lessons of tending plants.
I was excited to be able to receive a review copy of this book because like everything else Joanna Gaines does, I knew I would love it.  But I wasn't prepared to be blown away!

This book is filled with page after page of stunning artwork!  21 pages in total.  Vibrant colors, relatable character images, and the realness of each scene really made me pause.  But then when you get into the story, it really makes you think about the wonder and awe of life in all its forms.  It's really about more than just gardening, it's about how the garden can help teach your kids some great values in life.

Values such as work ethic, being dependable, reliable, and consistent.  Your kids will see how gardening can help them be innovative, creative, and compassionate.  They'll learn optimism, courage, and perseverance through the trials a garden can provide.

Aside from these wonderful life-lessons, they'll see that they can enjoy the fruits of their labor as they gather around the table.

It's a great length for younger kids, and I believe that is the intended audience.  It's written in a way that younger children can relate with.  In the end, this book exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend it for anyone who gardens or wants to garden with their children or grandchildren.

Absolutely 2 thumbs WAY up for this one!
This is a cute story about not letting failures hold you back.  I loved the illustrations and I could see myself using it in my homeschool to teach about gardening as well.  I didn't notice the author when I initially requested the book - and while the Gaines name will be enough to draw many people, the story is worth your while, too!