The Diva Sweetens the Pie

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 May 2019

This was a fun, cute cozy mystery! I love the theme throughout, and I will definitely be continuing with the series.
Krista Davis' second book in the Domestic Diva Mystery series is The Diva Sweetens the Pie.  Sophie is all set to help with the annual pie festival.  Things get a bit crazy when celebrity cooking judge Patsy Lee arrives in town.  Patsy asks for Sophie's help, but Sophie never finds out what it is all about.  Patsy instead dies mysteriously in the middle of the festival.  This was a fun if typical cozy mystery.  It took me until nearly the end to figure out who the murderer was.  This book was a fun, light read!
I can always count on Krista Davis' books to be fun and entertaining.  The characters will make you chuckle at their antics while they investigate the crime and try not to be the next victim.  The recipes are all some of the best I've tried and will have you shelving this book with your cookbooks instead of your cozy mysteries.  Seriously, I've never read a bad book from Krista Davis.  I usually save them as a reward when I've had a bad day.
The Diva Sweetens the Pie” is the latest in the  Domestic Diva cozy mystery book series. A fun, easy-to-read, and exceedingly entertaining book from beginning to end.The characters in this series are so well developed with unique personalities that you really feel as if you know them. I also enjoyed the mystery and would recommend to any cozy mystery fan
Excellent story with some great recipe tips and tricks given from two different character points of view at the beginning of each chapter. One of which is our intrepid heroine, Sophie who becomes embroiled in a murder when she is asked to be a substitute judge in a pie contest. The Pie Diva, a townie who made good and became a pie celebrity, a celebrity that may have stepped on  a few people as she rose through the ranks. The main reason for Sophie's involvement is at the pleading of a father and daughter who are trying to clear the ex-wife/mom who was "wrongly" convicted of murdering her  lover and future business partner. Too many possible suspects to keep straight some from the past and some from the future. Great characters and I did not figure out who the guilty party was until the big reveal which is always a nice touch to any cozy mystery and the logic was sound!
I love this series.  I have read a few of them and they are always a good read. Hometown foodie celebrity Patsy Lee Presley has come back to Old Town to be a judge for the annual Pie Festival. A festival diva Natasha Smith has been banned from participating in and that Sophie has been a key assistant to the organizer. As the pies are about to be judged Patsy tumbles right into a pie and dies. The police secure the scene quickly and many of Sophie’s friends are pieces of interest in the investigation’s pie. Patsy’s ex-husband also makes the list. As Sophie starts to sift through the clues she learns that Patsy isn’t the sweetheart she thought and that most of the people suspected of her death have the big three ingredients – Motive – Means – Opportunity. Sophie just needs to break through their crusts and find which one has baked their last pie.
Krista Davis has done it again with lovable characters, a good plot, and home town feeling. In The Diva Sweetens the Pie, the annual Pie Festival provides a chaotic problem when celebrity judge, Patsy Lee Presley, host of television’s most popular cooking show, croaks during the competition. Sophie goes to town when her friends are threatened. This book was well written and I’m sure you will enjoy this book as much as I did. Thank you to Net Galley for allowing me an advanced reader’s copy for review.
Enjoyed this book. Kept me interested all the way through. Would recommend to a fellow reader.  Love the cover.
I found out this series after I got this book and I loved. I actually went back to the first book to start reading everything again. I do hope to see more of this characters in the future.
Another excellent edition to a wonderful series! Full of twists and turns that leaves you wanting more and enjoying each moment until the end when the killer is caught!
Note: I received this book from the author/publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm a big fan of this series and I always know I'm going to enjoy my time in Old Town with Sophie and the gang. I thought this was a really awesome addition to the series and probably one of the more solid mystery stories Davis has put out so far. The mystery is seriously well crafted and had plenty of fun twists and turns. I wasn't sure the "whodunnit" aspect and was glad that the big reveal was still a surprise for me. I really enjoy the characters in this series- I appreciate that Sophie is never jumping in to investigate and is always announcing that she's not a detective, just a nosy lady with observational skills. Sophie's friends are all delightful comedic relief and everyone feels real. I really enjoy this series and this addition to the series was a really solid book. Probably one of the best in the series so far!
The Diva Sweetens the Pie is the latest offering in the Domestic Diva series.  I am never disappointed in this series.  The characters are like old friends now.  The mystery is fun with enough twist to be satisfying.  I loved the detailed writing style  and hope to try z recipe or two very soon.   I cant wait till the next installment in this cozy series.  Thanks to netgalley for the arc, the opinions are my own.
This book follows Sophie Winston and her friends as the get ready for a pie contest.  During the competition a famous cooking show star Patsy Lee Presley winds up falling into a table holding pie's for a competition.  Who killed Patsy Lee and why?  Was it an ex-mentor or ex-husband or an angry friend?  Or someone else entirely?

When a young child contacts Sophie and Nina asking for help for her mom whose sitting in jail convicted of a murder.  Did she kill her boss or was it someone else and why?   Will Sophie and Nina be able to save the young girl's mother or is it too late?

When all attention gets brought to Sophie her friends circle her trying to help figure out who killed Patsy Lee and when Alex gets beaten up badly the pressure is on them to prove that Sophie didn't commit any crime.  Will they unflake the murderer or will Sophie wind up in the slammer?

I love the Domestic Diva series.  Ms. Davis really hits on something with her Old Town.  You feel like your with everyone.  The book captures your attention and won't let go until the story is solved!
The diva is back and cooking up delicious food and trouble in Old Town!
What I like with this series is that it mixes delicious sounding food with a likeable cast of characters and a mystery that is both (somewhat) believable and keeps me guessing.  The Diva Sweetens the Pie had a few really big plot points that will make the next few instalments of the series quite interesting.  I alway enjoy spending time with Sophie and friends.
This book was wonderful!  Right from the start I could tell that I would enjoy this book which is always a good thing.  I loved the writer's style and everything was described in detail.  The characters were well developed and interesting as well as lively and believable.  The story was lot of fun and I loved the setting.  The pie contest was perfect in this town where it seemed they walked easily everywhere.  I loved how Sophie not only was married and still friends with her ex husband, but Wolf as well whom she had dated.  Her support system was great and they really worked well together and I think that is really important in this story.  It was well written and thought out, I loved how you eventually learn all the things that took place and solves not only the present murder, but several other things as well.  It was a great book all around, well developed characters, interesting story, well written and full of excitement.  Not to mention the fantastic recipes, I am going crazy waiting to try strawberry bourbon lemonade!
Great book with a beautiful story ( Now I want to eat some pie). I loved the theme and the characters. Everything fits perfect, with a unexpected punch line.
Great read!
Love the way the story is put together, with an interesting cast of characters and a plot filled with unexpected twists till the very end.
Each chapter contains pie-baking tips and wonderful recipes at the end.
It's hard to believe this is book 12 in the Domestic Diva series.  You can read them as stand alone. The annual Pie Festival has arrived at Old Town and the new celebrity judge is face down in pie before the competition can begin.  It seems there are several in town that have reason to see her dead and it's up to Sophie and her friends to figure out who did it.  Some yummy recipes included and a good mystery to solve.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Pies. Pies. Pies. Your favorite is probably in this book. Even my favorite cake made an appearance. Yes, there is a murder or two. Some exciting moments. Good friends and past relationships make for many twists. A delightful addition to a terrific series. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Krista Davis and the Domestic Diva are a favorite and I was anxiously awaiting being able to read this and it didn't disappoint!  I loved this book because the characters were really interesting and the plot solid and entertaining. The characters were a very likeable bunch of friends and I enjoyed how they cared and supported one other.  The twists and turns kept me invested.