The Big Book about Being Big

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Jun 2019

The Big Book about Being Big is a lesson for little ones about how "being big" is more than just a matter of size. It teaches the idea of being a better person through examples that show the impact on ourselves and the world around us when we're respectful, thoughtful, and kind.

I really like the illustrations in this book, and the message is fantastic -- growing up has a lot more to do with our insides than how tall we are on the outside.

4 solid stars for this great book.

Thanks to NetGalley and Little Pickle Press for providing me with a DRC of this book.
I received an electronic ARC from Little Pickle Press through NetGalley.
Delightful story to read as a family or by a young reader. What does it mean to be big? Paratore shares her thoughts on how to be a compassionate, caring young person. She emphasizes that big is more than a size or physical growth; big is being the best person you can be.
The cut paper  illustrations add depth to the text and draw the readers into the story.
Use to encourage young readers to believe in themselves and find ways to be supportive and caring.
A gorgeous book that is written with care and illustrated with love. This is a book that will be perfect for any little one, helping them understand what it means to be big.
Sort of reminds me of Dr. Suess! I liked the book and think littles will, too. Nice story about being true to oneself and caring about the world around them. Growing up to be good people. I liked the illustrations, too.