Member Review

Pub Date:

Review by

Erin K, Reviewer

My Recommendation

Greenwood is a master at the unconventional love story, and this book did such a brilliant job capturing authentic characters that leap off the page.

When Zee's sister gets kidnapped by runaway convicts, her life gets turned upside down caring for her little nephew and trying to survive without any money. Her gallant champion, Gentry, comes to her aid, and Zee's life only grows more complicated and dangerous. Gentry is a man with autism who thinks he's an actual knight (complete with the jousting skills and castle to match), and he quickly became a character that I fell in love with (despite it being a little bit of a struggle to read the chapters in his POV - Middle English is not my strong suit!). There is so much heartache and struggle that each of these characters are facing - whether it's because of a fealty oath or just familial obligation.

I loved how Greenwood melds several genres into this story: it's a romance and thrilling mystery rolled into one. Her ability to dig into a plot and create twists and turns is something a lot of writers could learn from.

I cannot wait to read her next book!