Cover Image: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris

This was such a lovely, heartwarming tale in true Jenny Colgan fashion.  The characters seemed to unfold in front of you as you got to know them in the rich Parisian scenery.  I enjoyed getting to know Anna and follow her journey.  There was the perfect mix of humor, romance and depth that I love.
This was my first Jenny Colgan book. I loved that it was set in Paris and had the delicious chocolate theme! It was interesting to have the story unfold and for the reader to learn how the characters were inter-connected. All in all, it was a great, enjoyable book!
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris is by Jenny Colgan, who writes light-hearted women’s fiction but often surprises the reader with serious themes.  Here, an unlikely friendship between Anna and her old French teacher results in Anna going to Paris to work for a famous chocolatier.  This will help Anna recover from an accident and causes Claire to remember her magical time in Paris as an au pair when she was young and in love.

My favorite books by Jenny Colgan seem to involve books or chocolate, which says as much about me as it does about her!
Another book ive forgotten to do a review one but lets face it, any book by Jenny colgan will always brighten your day up.
I adore Jenny Colgan, if I need cheering up, a light and happy read, by her is all the dr needed.  I always know I can turn to her books and they won’t you down. Just like her other books this is joy manifested in paper or e-book. Paris and Chocolate, she knows the way to my heart and she really does, amazing characters that are always relatable and you want to take home and keep. This is just the perfect anytime book, you won’t want to put it down.
 THE location is perfect, the storyline is perefct and makes you want to follow in her footsteps. brillaint.
When Anna has freak accident at the chocolate factory she works in she finds herself in hospital and out of work.  While in there she reconnects with Claire her old French teacher and Claire sets her up with a job with a master chocolatier in Paris..... but what is Claire's connection to him and will Anna finally find love in Paris?

A lovely warm book with great descriptions of Paris and working well being told in the dual timeline between Anna and Claire
**I was provided an e-ARC by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

While there are definitely elements I enjoyed, this book was a bit lacking for me. It felt very superficial and seems like Colgan was trying to do too much. For a portion of the book there are two timelines as it explores Claire in the past and Anna in the present. While Claire's past is integral to the story and needs to be there, I wasn't super interested in it. I was definitely more interested in Claire in present day and Anna's experience living and working in France. Also while I enjoyed the first few interactions with Anna's love interest, their relationship felt so rushed. It went from interest to what I guess you could call conflict to love way too quickly. It just wasn't believable. While I wasn't super interested in Claire's background, I did like how it was brought full circle and the culmination of her story pulled at my heartstrings.

Basically, I wish Anna and Claire each had their own books. Doing that would have allowed Colgan to add more depth and emotional weight to their stories.
I love Jenny Colgan! She is one of my must-read/auto-buy authors and this book didn't disappoint! At first the book started off kind of slow and even a bit strange (IMO). But then it took off as it transported me to the sweetest place in Paris and I felt like I was experiencing the city in real life (or as I imagine it would be in real life). I enjoyed the intertwined stories of Anna and Claire and the chocolate making process made me soooo hungry. If you've enjoyed Colgan's Beach Street Bakery or Cupcake Cafe books, I highly recommend this one!
Do not read this book if you are on a diet! You will only want to eat chocolate and desserts. This was such a fun sweet story but felt a little predictable. I did love how two different storylines were entwined and how they built on top of each other.  I really love Jenny Colgan and love how she writes characters you see in yourself and want to cheer for.
I absolutely love Jenny Colgan books and was delighted to get an early copy of her book The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris. As expected, I was not disappointed and simply could not put the book down once I started! Another triumph from Colgan and eagerly look forward to reading more from the author in the future.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for this ARC
This is a super cute and sweet story. It is basically a hug and warm blanket of a story. It makes you want to travel to Paris and indulge in decadent chocolates. It is definitely a feel-good story and perfect to pick up if you're wanting a quick, sweet story and have an itch of wanderlust that you need to scratch.
This is what I would call a light and fluffy delight. I love Jenny’s witt and happy go lucky feel.
Great read! Thank you!
An absolute chocolate lovers dream! Jenny Colgan has done it again. This book picked me up and swept me along. The way everything is described just makes it all so vivid. Loved this book and will definitely be reading more by this author.
So I am not gonna lie, I was concerned when I saw this was a previously published Jenny Colgan title. I have not loved her early works told in the first person. I do not necessarily have trouble with things written in the first person it is mainly that the characters are so selfish it is hard to be empathetic or interested in them at all. That being said, although parts are written in the first person and some characters are selfish,I really enjoyed this one. All the characters are redeeming and even if you hate them a little, you understand why they are the way they are. The romance is beautiful, no matter the story line you choose to ship and she describes Paris so beautifully you can’t wait to go. It is as sweet as the titles suggests.  I was given an advanced reader's copy via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own
This book was not my usual genre - I was initially drawn in by the words Paris and Chocolate! This was a light, easy read with engaging characters. The plot was a little predictable for me, but this would be an excellent holiday read - a fun, quick read!
This was a cute read. I’ll be thinking about Paris & chocolate for days. Another lovely book by Jenny Colgan.
I was able to read this book thanks to NetGalley. I love Jenny Colgan books and was thrilled for the opportunity to read this one. I absolutely love Paris as a setting for a book.
Anna is working at a chocolate shop making chocolates for all of high society when her former French teacher gives her a chance to open up a new shop with a former flame.
This story was charming and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will continue to devour (pun intended) all books from Jenny Colgan and recommend to all of my book clubs as well as my friends and family. Thanks again NetGalley .
I enjoy every book written by Jenny Colgan. This one has some delicious sounding recipes included. Not to be missed!
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley. It is a re-release.

I’ve noticed that several of Jenny Colgan’s older books are being re-released here in the States after the success her latest novels have had. This book is pure vintage Jenny Colgan! It is filled with romance, heartache, fabulous characters and the setting of Paris. It tells the stories of two women, one in the present day and the other one’s story through flashbacks. You’ll definitely get all the “feels” with this terrific read
Pure escapism with an amazing setting!

I originally read this book when first published quite a while ago.
Anna ,who is in hospital after a horrific accident at work, reconnects with her old French teacher, Claire, who is also a patient and form an unique bond.
When Anna leaves hospital, Claire has put her in contact with a chocolatier in Paris to help her get back on her feet.
From Anna's arrival in Paris you share her excitement, apprehension and wonder at the sights, smells and sounds she encounters.
The people she meets are a mixture of happy fun individuals to her love interest , Laurent, who I couldn't warm to at first but he grew on me.
Lovely chocolate recipes and setting, Paris, need I say more!
This is a light hearted fun read about a shy English girl who goes to Paris and not only finds herself but finds love. Anna is befriended by Claire, her old French teacher, while in the hospital after a freak accident at her job. She goes to France to work at a temporary job making chocolate. Not only does she learn all about chocolate - she learns to love herself and finds love in the most beautiful city in the world - PARIS. Its a fun read and a notch above normal chick lit. I highly recommend it.