Croquette & Empanada

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Jun 2019

I am always ready to read books about healthy, relatable relationships and this one wasn't the exception. The illustrations were adorable and the characters were so so cute, a proof of the author's creativity. I really enjoyed the funny and heartfelt comics and I found myself showing them to my boyfriend and saying "look, it's us!". I was a fast read but I liked it a lot.
Cute comic depicting every day moments in a relationship. It took me a while to get past the fact that the illustrations were the food of my younger years, but once I did, I truly enjoyed this one.
Croquette and Empanada is a super cute graphic novel about being in a couple that I just flew through!

Everything was super relatable and the illustration is possibly the cutest I have ever read.

If you are a sucker for comics about couples like I am, this is a must have!
3.5

I read this in spanish two years ago and I liked it. Reading this book in english is not that different. I loved the relationship of Croquette and Empanada, they are cute and funny.
Two years ago I thought that this graphic novel was kinda "meh", like it was cute but just that. Now, I think the illustrations are really expressive, but I wish there was more dialogue.
I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review. Such a cute book about a croquette who is looking for love. Empanada is looking for someone who excepts her. An adorable book about finding love.
This was so cute. The drawings were adorable. The interactions were somewhat accurate. Lol. It is a picture so it was a quick read. Quite enjoyed it. Read it way back.

Special thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for the review copy.
My copy was too dark and unreadable, so I am unable to give it any sort of review at this time. I would be happy to give a full review if I could receive a readable copy.
Supercute book of  translated comics featuring Croquette and Empanada, an adorable pair navigating life and their relationship. Adorable and relatable. Super glad to see Ana Oncina's work in English!
A fun little comic about relationships, about the weird interactions and misadventures that come along with a relationship. It's a little weird for the protagonists to be food when others are people, but Oncina fully embraces it, so eventually the reader just rolls with it.
Thanks to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel for an ARC of this adorable book in exchange for honest feedback!

This book is super cute! The art style is charming and full of character. I love the relationship between Croquette and Empanada, which feels very genuine. (Not surprising, since this is loosely based on the creator's relationship with her partner.) While this isn't exactly a groundbreaking book, it is absolutely charming and fun, and well worth a look if you enjoy slice of life, or even just cute and humorous books.
This book threw me a little. I thought it would be set in a world of food, but ti's not. There are a few food characters in it, but most of the characters are human, which confused me. It is geared towards adults, so finding the right kind of reader may be hard.

There were moments that I could really relate to, which helped make it more enjoyable, like trying to get out of an awkward conversation when the other person just keeps going on. Overall, my feelings on this book are mixed.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Author: Ana Oncina
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: 04 Jun 2019
I read this in Spanish many many years ago.
It's extremely funny and realistic. Yes, they are an empanada and a croquette, but their story is one that all of us can relate to.
It made me think of Sarah Andersen's relatable stories.
This was a hilarious graphic novel about a boy and a girl being in love. Their ups and downs are realizing and laugh-out-loud funny and relatable. Together they go on trips, move in, get their first pet, and just spend time with each other.

What made this great was how realistic it really was. I found myself laughing a lot and thinking about myself and my significant other. Even though the characters are foods, that is the only non-realistic aspect of this series.

The images were detailed enough but simple and the panels and sectioning was very well done. It was easy to read and follow and the stories were short little clips which meant I could read a few and then do something else without having to invest a lot of time in one sitting. This is a great graphic novel and if you have someone in your life, this would be a great one to share with them and laugh over how real it all is.
I couldn't read it, but i guess the story is really cool
I would love to read it if you could send me another digital copy, because this one was all black and couldn't be read.
[I received a free eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, NetGalley and Andrews & McMeel, for this opportunity.]

The cover and the illustrations in "Croquette & Empanada" are adorable, but unfortunately the quality of the eARC was really bad and I could barely read the text. Therefore I could not finish the book.
Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to review this book.

Really good, cute and fun read. I think we all can relate to at least one story of this couple. You can read it in one sitting and enjoy yourself and the book while reading it. If you want a fun, kind of fluffy, relatable and quick read, go for this one (and I bet her other books are as good as this one, at least the others about Croquette and Empanada). Would love to read the other ones.
Croquette and Empanada is a graphic novel inspired from the real life relationship of the author and her boyfriend.

Both Croquette and Empanada were drawn beautifully and I loved the artist's style, but i feel that she failed to provide a great story. This graphic novel is a compilation of cute and funny story from their relationship, but the humor was a hit or miss. There are nothing much plot wise, a few cute and relatable situations here and there.

Unfortunately, I feel like Croquette and Empanada's stories are too similar to other visible comics on social media. I wish there was more uniqueness and funny stories to tell.

Best of luck to the artist for her future works.
I'd love to be able to give a great review for this title but no matter I do I can't open the file to read it. It wants to send it to Overdrive but then Overdrive tells me it can't read the file. Looked like a cute story but maybe figure out a better way to let readers read it.
Either the book was poorly translated or I am not the reader for this book, because I found most of the "humor" to be not so humorous. I loved the idea and the synopsis, but something about the book just didn't work for me and I'm not sure the teens in my library will enjoy it either, so I will not be purchasing it unless specifically requested.
Cute, quick read about Empanada & Croquette, the graphic novel is full of cute little stories about their relationship, I especially liked the scary bedtime stories. I have to admit since I don't have the experience of living with a significant other i couldn't completely relate but I still found the stories cute and I love the art of Ana Oncina.