Cover Image: Mixed Signals

Mixed Signals

i just wasn't in the right mindset to read this at the time but i look forward to reading it later on! this book seems just right up my alley! i'm excited to finally read it.
DNF
I tried to read this and lost interest.  I ended up DNFing this novel; however, I do still want to try to finish reading it at some point in the future!  I just don't think that now was the right time for me and this book.
This was a quick read. I found the premise to be have potential, though the excecution fell a bit flat for me. I found it hard at times to relate to the main character Julie. She was abit rude at times. I did like Nico and I liked that he was the teacher while Julie was the high powered Banker. Jobs that are traditionally associated with the opposite gender. The plot was interesting enough  so I was able finish the book. The last third or so of the book picked up alot. Overall an ok read.
This book was absolutely not for me. I could not bring myself to root for the characters and ended up DNFing it. There was a lot of potential with the plot but I felt that the author didn't do it justice.
I had such high hopes for this book, but it just fell short in a few ways that I couldn't get past. Hopefully as the author continues to write the books will get stronger.
Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an arc for an honest review.
I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

This books was not for me. I was really excited to pick it up and begin but I just couldn't connect with it. I DNF'd several times but recently I decided to just commit. I ended up getting half way and giving up. I don't like the main character or her friends and really struggles to connect. I wish I had more positive things to say, I really wanted to like this one.
DNF at 25%

I had this book for over a year.  I started it back then but then put it down.  Each time I went to Netgalley and saw it was there waiting for my review, I'd remember and pick it back up again.  Only to struggle and then put it back down.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

This week I made a concerted effort.  I tried.  But I just couldn't get engaged.  Nothing about the start of the book hooked me.  I didn't hate it or anything, I just couldn't get interested.

Honestly I tried.  After a year and several re-starts I really don't think it is gonna happen.

Sorry.
I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

This story begins with Serendipity. The main character just happens to immediately run into the man of her dreams. Unfortunately, the story never developed from this meeting. The story was flat and not interesting. I DNFed it.
This book was not for me.  It might interest others, but I found the main character and her friends very superficial.  I expect some of that from a fun and flirty romance book, but this was just too simplistic.  I also didn't like the main character or her best friend.
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this title.

Unfortunately I couldn’t connect with this one and after several attempts I put is aside.
Sad to report this wasn’t my favorite, I just couldn’t get into the story! Perhaps this is one I could revisit at another time - but for now I just didn’t connect with the characters as I felt I should have. It’s one I may come back to again in the future though!
I really enjoyed this story. It was sweet and a bit sassy. Julie found herself a bit and also found true love in the process. I would definitely read the next book in this series!
So the cover looks a lot like some other popular New Adult romances. Which is why I requested it.  It was boring. I didn't feel an attachment to any of the characters and I trudged through with them for about 30 percent of the book before putting it down.
Mixed Signals was a book that I wanted to really enjoy. It had all the fixings for a great rom-com but it somehow didn’t hit all the marks.
I have tried a few times to get into this book but, unfortunately, I can't. I dislike the main character greatly and I believe that is the reason I cannot connect.
DNF.
I've been struggling to write this review but I just really couldn't finish this book. It had a lot of potential but unfortunately, it just wasn't for me.
DNF

Not a fan of the main character. She spent more time bashing other women than focusing on herself.

Not a fan.
I tried really hard to like this one, but nothing about this book worked for me.  I hated the characters, and the plot really fell flat.  I was bored while reading this, and finished only because I hate to leave a book unread.
//MY ENGLISH REVIEW//
It seemed a book I would love, like The Kiss Quotient or The Hating Game, but it didn't charmed me at all.
I found almost impossible to like the MC, Julie, so at the end of the book I couldn't care less about her life or her family. Obviously, I understand why she's having such a hard time but her behaviour with Nico made me angry. Nico it's simply wonderfull and he doesn't deserve the way Julie treats him. I couldn't understand why he fell in love with Julie and that's a big problem in a romance novel (at least for me it is).
The starting point was interesing but I didn't like the development, so I couldn't connect with the story.
But don't be discouraged with this review, it's just one opinion! There's nothing like reading and creating one yourself.
I think Mia Heintzelman can write great stories because you can she he has it (the reading was light and the hot scenes were well written), so I'm going to keep an eye on her work.
[Since my English isn't very good, I'm going to add my review] in Spanish
-----------
//MY REVIEW IN SPANISH//
Pedí este libro porque la sinopsis tenía buena pinta y la portada es del tipo The Kiss Quotient o The Hating Game, dos libros que adoro, así que esta lectura ha sido un pequeño chasco, no únicamente porque no aguante la comparación, sino porque, por sí mismo, es un libro que no se sostiene.
He tenido dos grandes problemas con él. Uno es que la trama amorosa es bastante floja. Nico, el chico (no puedo llamarle "protagonista" porque es más bien un personaje secundario), es total y absolutamente fantástico, pero su historia de amor con Julie es simplona y muy mal desarrollada. En ningún momento he logrado entender cómo se enamora ni de dónde surge el amor entre ambos. Y esto está directamente relacionado con mi otro gran problema: la protagonista. No he sido capaz de conectar con ella en ningún momento, incluso me ha llegado a caer mal. Supongo que su mal comportamiento con Nico tendrá un sentido pero yo no he sido capaz de verlo.
Se ve que el libro tiene un buen punto de partida pero, para mí, tiene un desarrollo bastante pobre y, además, lioso, ya que se centra mucho más en los aspectos de la vida de Julie (y de los que la rodean) que en su relación con Nico y consigo misma. Una pena.
En cualquier caso, esto es solo mi opinión y no hay nada como leer y juzgar por uno mismo. Al menos el libro se lee rápidamente y las secuencias hot entre Julie y Nico son bastante decentes.
Estaré pendiente de lo que escriba Mia Heintzelman porque creo que puede escribir historias acordes a mi gusto.
I DNFed this book after 35% percent. On paper it seem a book that I would love but the reality is that I didn't connect  with the characters.