The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Sep 2019

This would be a terrific tool for a school just starting out with a focus on social-emotional well-being. It isn't particularly difficult to work through and provides lots of opportunities for thought-provoking exercises. I think it would be great for a professional development day.
This was such a useful book! I started to apply some strategies right away at they worked. The strategies that I found here are easy to apply and I think that can be used by anyone, not only persons that work in school.
An easy read, but so useful!
This might be a helpful book for somebody who is at the beginning of their work in the social and emotional well being of their school community. It provides suggestions as well as room for you to think through the implementation of your own ideas.
Very good book for school workers for both teachers and students.  The book includes lots of ideas for self care and coping with the demands of school life.  I would definitely recommend for anyone working in a school setting.
I am in charge of our Senior School library and am looking for a diverse array of new books to furnish their shelves with and inspire our young people to read a wider and more diverse range of books as they move through the senior school. It is hard sometimes to find books that will grab the attention of young people as their time is short and we are competing against technology and online entertainments.
This was a thought-provoking and well-written read that will appeal to young readers across the board. It had a really strong voice and a compelling ethos that I think would capture their attention and draw them in. It kept me engrossed and I think that it's so important that the books that we purchase for both our young people and our staff are appealing to as broad a range of readers as possible - as well as providing them with something a little 'different' that they might not have come across in school libraries before.
This was a really enjoyable read and I will definitely be purchasing a copy for school so that our young people can enjoy it for themselves. A satisfying and useful read that I keep thinking about long after closing its final page - and that definitely makes it a must-buy for me!
Some great ideas that I will be taking to my leadership team for how to better implement and monitor wellbeing within the school setting.
This book is exactly as stated it is a workbook on how to help create a mentally healthy school. There are many empty spaces for you to fill out as to what you notice and what your goal is to help staff and students. This is more geared towards principals, but there are tips that can help teachers as well. It gives tips on how to create a more positive environment, self care, and helping students.
This is a user friendly workbook tailored to help a school meet currently guidelines regarding mental health and wellbeing. This could provide a school with valuable CPD and includes some assessment framework to develop the wellbeing of students and staff.