Ted Bundy's Murderous Mysteries

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Aug 2019

Chilling and informative, Ted Bundy’s Murderuous Mysteries gives the reader an immersive look into the victims of the prolific serial killer. I appreciated how various primary source documents and photographs were included, which adds a scarily realistic element to the book. However, I can’t get past the fact that the victims’ stories aren’t written about in chronological order. It made the book unnecessarily hard to follow and at times comprehend. True crime fans may enjoy this book.
This book sounds amazing, but at this time it just isn’t for me. I think it will be great when I am ready to come back to it!
A huge Thank You to The author, The publisher and Netgalley for providing the e-arc in exchange for a unbiased review of these works

ted bundy and his crimes seem to be quite a thing at the moment this book delves deeper and i found its insights intesting
Ted Bundy is one of the most interesting serial killers that I have ever read about. I love reading and learning new things about him.

I recommend this book to anyone who is into true crime or serial killers. This had a lot of different information and was very interesting.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read a complimentary copy of this book in return for a review based upon my honest opinion.

I had a really hard time with this book. I did not really like the way it was written, I enjoyed reading some of the police reports and  interviews and the authors notes were actually very helpful; I just found it was not really what I thought it was going to be. That being said, I did enjoy learning more about Ted Bundy and the author is very knowledgeable about this topic,  I really wondered if this might be a case where I would have enjoyed an actual print book more than an e-book. And I wondered if I would have liked the book more if I had read it in that format.
Thie evil of this man never ceases to amaze me. I'm just pleased he is no longer alive to carry out more crimes. A well-written concisely written book on the monster that was Ted Bundy.
I didn't enjoy this book at all.  I've read a lot of books on Ted Bundy and was excited to read this one, but it was hard to follow (maybe the ARC formatting is different from the final product?) and there were places where it seemed like the author was focusing largely on pointing out that he personally had very exclusive access to certain details or else clarifying points from previous books (which I hadn't read).  There was very little new information in the book.  (I also had to laugh at the disclaimer at the beginning that reviews should contain absolutely no spoilers - makes sense for a fiction book, but I'm guessing anyone who picks up a book about Ted Bundy will have at least SOME working knowledge of who Ted Bundy is and what he did!)
I read the first version of this book. A very interesting and fact-filled read about Ted Bundy. A lot of reports, interviews, autopsies, and notes about the Bundy case. There are even some pictures.

I must go back and read the first two now. Haha
I love ted bundy so much. He’s such a ridiculous human and his life was fascinating. This book was so good and full of insight. I’m so glad I read it!
For those interested in serial killers or Ted Bundy himself, this is a very informative and interesting read. The author does good research and the photos inside are clear and useful to the text. I enjoyed learning a few new things about Mr. Bundy and recommend this for those beginning to explore this genre. Of course, warnings for violence and graphic imagery.
If you’re looking for a book to introduce you to the life and crimes of one of America’s most infamous serial killers, this book isn’t it. Though it’s not clear from the blurb, the author states in the book’s introduction that this is actually the third part of a trilogy, a series doing a deep-dive into the minutiae of the Bundy case. You could pick up enough from this one to get a sense of what Bundy was doing and when, but you really need to read the earlier books or one of the (many) other books on Bundy’s crimes to get the full context and background.

What this book does is introduce to the record a few interesting snippets the author has gleaned from extensive research into the archives of law enforcement agencies. There are previously unpublished interviews with people close to Bundy and some of his victims, and an account from a credible witness who very likely had a close escape.

After all this time - it’s been more than 30 years since Ted Bundy was put to death for his crimes - there is little new to discover about the case which the numerous researchers who’ve written about it haven’t already covered, and I would say there’s nothing really here which gives any further insight into Bundy’s state of mind even though there’s information I hadn’t seen before.

The author is obviously extremely knowledgeable about the case, and indeed I’d highly recommend his The Bundy Murders: A Comprehensive History, to anyone interested in the Bundy case. Though this one is as well-written and researched as any of his other material, I would say it’s for Bundy completists, and those with only a casual interest in the case may not find it of much interest. I’ll give it four stars.
Ted Bundy's Murderous Mysteries: The Many Victims Of America's Most Infamous Serial Killer is an interesting read. I learned more about the victims of Ted Bundy. I give this book four and a half stars.
The third book in a series on the ted bundy murders, I havent read the first two but did find this one interesting, though hard to read at times due to the subject matter.
This book is an amazing collection of first-hand accounts and picking records concerning Ted Bundy's infamous murders. Those who are very familiar with the case will find this book especially fascinating. Reading accounts made in real-time with the murders gives an interesting view of the mindset of the day. For those that are not as familiar with the case, you may want to start with the two books by the same author that came before this one as it really does close out the trilogy of information.

Thank you to NetGalley for my copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I am fascinated with serial killers such as Ted Bundy but this book really did not meet my expectations.  I feel that I should have read the other books on Bundy by Sullivan and that would have helped.  There was much on the factual side, such as case notes and interview notes but they seemed randomly put together.  The notes from the police files really revealed just how poorly investigations were4 handled in some areas.  Although I realize that these murders happened a long time ago and DNA evidence was not used then, the shoddy police work just jumps out at you.  It is also amazing that Bundy was allowed to escape by jumping out of a window in a courthouse.  I will go and read the other books by Keith Sullivan to see if my mind changes.
The book contains case files, supported by additional information provided by the author. I found it so interesting to read the case files and to feel like I'm investigating along with the detectives. The author did a good job in explaining certain interviews and documents to make the files clear.

What surprised me most about everything, is how Bundy managed to commit all these murders and get away with them for so long. The things he did to all those women is absolutely terrible and if I were a student around that time, I wouldn't dare to close my eyes at night.

For people who are interested in True Crime I would recommend this book. The author created a series, of which this is the third book. I don't know what the first two are like, but if they are similar to this one It would be worth checking them out. Although this is the third book in the series, I don't feel like I've missed a lot by not having read the first two books.
I could not get into this book. I was really looking forward to it but then upon reading the introduction and preface I realized this wasn’t even the same book being offered by Netgalley. The covers and title were different and it was also the third instalment of books the author has wrote on Bundy.
The information contained in the book is vast and the amount of work put into a book such as this is immense. Any one can appreciate that much work. It’s just unfortunate it wasn’t organized in a way I could follow and I couldn’t focus on the material I had to try and go back and reread parts. I just couldn’t do it. I would like to go back and read the first and second instalment so maybe one day once I’ve done that I can come back and rewrite my review as it may be easier to follow.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the ARC for an honest review.
I’m giving this book four stars. The detail it went into and obvious depth of research definitely deserved four stars. It highlighted so much information never before revealed on this gruesome, depraved killer. He’s a psychologist’s dream. Who would not love to delve into the depths of his mind to learn how it worked and why he did all that he did? This account contains information of interviews which were carried out with people who knew Bundy well and some who knew his victims and there are even details on an interview with someone who almost became a victim of his. These details are fascinating. It is so unbelievable that such a depraved murderer managed to get away with all that he did for so long. God bless all who died at his mercy.
***Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***
Learned a lot of new things about Ted Bundy. This is the third book in a series about him. I haven't read the others, but it paints an in-depth picture of his victims.
I couldn't even get more than halfway through this book. The story jumps across the timeline, and there appears to be absolutely no organization to the materials that are thrown in. Yes, there appears to have been a lot of research here, but someone should have then written the story around it. I just had to give up because it was too difficult to keep it straight. This is very disappointing, because I generally love books like this. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I'm sorry I couldn't be more positive about the book, but it is horrible!