The Art of Paint Pouring

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Jun 2019

Couldn’t get this book to dowload properly on my tablet, so am sorry I can’t give a very formative review. From what little I could see, it looks like it has some fun projects!
I couldn’t wait to read this book. I had read lots on the subject and Yes- have a kit on order to get started on this new technique .

But this author book explains it all. How to do it with step by step directions just perfect for someone like me with question or a newbie just dipping my feet in the crafts. With supply list, color choosing and detail projects to get me started this book answers all my questions and an informative read. Can’t wait to get started…
Never got to download it as it was archived a few days after I requested it so who knows what it is like - not me!
This was a fun book on paint pouring.  Paint pouring is pretty simple.  However, the author gave some unique techniques I had never heard of. One of my favorites was the necklace or sting technique.  There are plenty of times I see a professional paint pouring and I wonder how they get that effect and now I know.

The author used a torch frequently to make cells in the paint.  I don’t own a troche and would not feel safe using one so I use a hairdryer.  As far as to paint pouring techniques the author does give examples for the beginner as well as an advanced artist.  I was very interested in her suggestions on how to use your leftover paint skin.  I can’t wait to try some of the alternate canvas ideas, such as jewelry, pots, ornaments, and bookmarks.

I would recommend this book to an advanced or beginner interested in paint pouring.

I received this galley from NetGalley.
What an exciting book this is.
It starts off right at the beginning, assuming you know little about acrylic, colour and pouring.  The instructions and photos that follow are very easy to follow and understand. And before you know it you're into various project, pouring and creating to your hearts content.
As the book progresses it introduces a newer and a little more adventures technique, all beautifully photographed and well explained, including safety information.
Finally at the end of the book there are projects such as jewellery, drink coasters, decorated babbles, pots and more.
Whilst I have done some similar work with dip dyeing fabric, paint and nail polish, this opens up lots of exciting ideas and I can't wait to try it.
"The Art of Paint Pouring" by Amanda VanEver is an informative, step-by-step guide with pictures of creating works of art using a paint pouring technique.

VanEver provides lots of pictures and summarizes suggested lists of materials to create the best effects through paint pouring. This is a great guide for the beginner and those who want to try new materials that they haven't used in the past.

As a artist/painter myself, I found the book to be a very helpful guide where other videos and articles may lack the detail necessary to understand what to do and how to get started. I definitely recommend this as another resource for abstract artists.
The Art of Paint Pouring: Tips, techniques, and step-by-step instructions for creating colorful poured art in acrylic by Amanda VanEver is an art book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. This book is going in my favorite folder for sure! I have watched dozens of paint pouring videos but they don't explain all the things one needs, supplies, how tos, what ifs, options, and things to watch out for which this book does! There are lots of techniques shown with a list of supplies and how to, with lots of pictures! I am very happy with this book! I have wants to try paint pour before but I didn't feel prepared, now I do! This really is a fabulous book of information! Tons of illustrations and instructions! A must have for beginners like me!
The Art of Paint Pouring by Amanda VanEver is a book I wish I had about a year or two ago when I first became interested in the "dirty pour" technique (as its called in my neck of the woods).  This book would have saved me days when I was scouring the web for videos and secret tips on Facebook that people were not crazy about sharing.  All the techniques are here, even one I hadn't heard of before.  Step by step instructions, material lists and pictures are all provided.  This book is a gold mine of information for anyone that has seen those fun videos and wants to try these painting techniques themselves.  Looks like I will be bringing my paints and canvases back out to give it another go!  Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC (all opinions expressed in this review are authentically mine).
If you fancy jumping aboard the paint pouring crazy train that is doing the rounds at the moment then this is for you!
If like myself you have seen the many videos and tutorials and still feel unsure on the way forward, you need this book.

I was happy to see the first part of the book covered safety , this seems to be hugely overlooked in other tutorials.
I was also pleased to find a section covering recycling and reusing.

The information on colour mixing, colour combinations, additives and techniques is very helpful, and the projects are great. I particularly liked the string project and the negative space .

It was nice to see other ideas of items that can be decorated too.
this would make a lovely gift.

I have always been Interested in Paint Pouring. This book explores a variety of techniques for paint pouring and has a good overview of what supplies you will need.  I would recomend this book for anyone interested in paint pouring.
Good coverage of the different approaches to acrylic paint pouring. Thorough, without being bogged down in unnecessary details. However, one of the reasons I was interested in this book is that it mentioned reducing waste and I was extremely underwhelmed by the author's coverage of this topic. It was a rather cursory explanation of reusing the skins created from the pours, but nothing whatsoever about how to use less paint in the first place. And absolutely nothing about how to properly dispose of the paint and painting materials.

The more I learn about this increasingly popular art form, the more disheartened I become. It is incredibly wasteful. And the thought of all these artists just pouring what is essentially liquid plastic down the drain, or into the trash, and potentially into our water supply, is alarming.
The Art of Paint Pouring by Amanda VanEver .  A very comprehensive and informative book.  Lovely pictures and easy to follow instructions.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
This book is filled with so many beautiful illustrations. I love crafting and I love trying my hand at new things and so this book is going to be great for that. I can’t wait to give these projects a try.
This book includes supplies and tips for creating and finishing your pour art designs, whether you are familiar with pour art or a total beginner. Highly recommended!
This is a great instructional book on how to achieve some popular results in paint pouring. Admittedly I am a level one novice in this art, so some may find the instructions too simple but it was perfect for an absolute beginner. I first noticed paint pouring at Pinners conference in 2018 at a booth and just admired it. Soon after I began seeing dedicated displays in the major craft stores for it which led to more curiosity.

I was lucky to receive a digital ARC to review of this book from Net Galley, so I have had some time to study the instructions. This book took something new and foreign to me and made it approachable so that after I finished I felt I could try this art and produce decent results.

The author covers basics like materials, setup, different paint additives to achieve different results (like hair serum I never would have thought!!) and the different ways of pouring. It goes over numerous techniques for paint pouring and included some i had never seen before like chain pull and hammer. After all the techniques it includes alternative projects (other than canvas or wood) to give you ideas where you can use your new found skills.
So, we've all seen paint pouring projects popping up all over the internet. Want to try it yourself? I know I do! This book is a great resource with clear instruction on making your own poured paint creations on various surfaces. VanEver offers up tips for success and for how to create the look you desire, but also encourages experimentation to see what works best for you and includes multiple images demonstrating the results of using the various methods and supplies to get you started. If you're looking to try out this craft, The Art of Paint Pouring will give you the information you need.

Thank you to Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster and NetGalley for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.
The strength of this book is the variety of paint pouring techniques it showcases. It will be best for those who want a solid reference in lieu of, or after watching, a video online of the techniques. I would have liked the book more if the images were of better quality. It is an art book, after all, so the aesthetic aspect of the projects and having well-shot photographs would greatly enhance the experience.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda VanEver has created the book that all those new to paint pouring must invest in. This book covers all the basics and beyond.  Amanda takes you through the items needed to start painting.  She lets you know that you don't have to invest a lot of money.  She shows you how to mix the paints to get the perfect texture for pouring.  She shows you all the beautiful ways to pour the paint on to your canvas and how to obtain that ultimate cell all paint pourers are looking for.  The pictures along the way guide you to a beautiful piece of art in the end.  I highly recommend this book for the new artist and even the crafter who is looking to expand their skills.
When I first spotted paint pouring videos online, I was a little bit behind on the craze.  It felt...well...simplistic.  Then I did my first one and realized how fun and unique each painting is, and how there were so many different techniques, materials, etc., that one can use to create those paintings.  That is where THE ART OF PAINT POURING comes in for me.  It broke down not only the different techniques, but also all of the materials, including the different surfaces that can be used for paint pouring and the different type paints.  In abstract painting, knowing how your paints react to certain things makes a lot of difference in what you are doing.  I think this book would be a great help to someone who is just starting out and looking for information.  (This doesn't mean that it wouldn't also be a great reference book in other ways for a more advanced painter, because I think it would be, I just mean it definitely has a lot of great information for beginners as well.

Learn the creative, innovative technique of making art by pouring paint with The Art of Paint Pouring! Featuring easy step-by-step projects, practical tips, and beautiful art from an established paint-pouring expert, this book will help artists of any skill level make colourful, textured art by pouring acrylic paint onto a canvas.

There are many techniques for making poured art, and this book details them all. You will learn to swipe, pour, and more using the many how-to projects provided in this book. Also included are chapters on the following: tools and materials, including affordable options for items that will help you create poured art; basic color theory and how to choose paint colors that will create pleasing mixtures; eye-catching full-page artwork; tips for creating the paint consistency that you want; and instructions for keeping your work area clean, even while working with a potentially messy technique.

Written and illustrated by a well-recognized paint-pouring artist, The Art of Paint Pouring is a comprehensive reference that eliminates the need to search online for multiple videos that you would continually have to pause and re-watch. If you are new to paint pouring, you will love the beginners’ tips and instructions that allow anyone to master this contemporary craft.

Start creating stunning works of poured art with The Art of Paint Pouring.

I LOVE PAINT POURING - you literally never know what you are going to get!!! I have learned mostly bt hit and miss (There are a billion youtube videos but I find that they just confuse me and my end result is nothing like theirs. This book has straight forward ideas and suggestions and I already have some great projects planned for this weekend: unfortunately the summer humidity has hit so it will take days for them to dry.  I cannot emphasize this enough: leave it for a long, long, long time as it needs time to dry.  And put a layer of clear acrylic on top after about a week of drying and it will be a masterpiece that looks kind of like a shiny geode.

If you want to start to try paint pouring, this is the book for you: if you go to my Facebook review, there are photos of some of the painting pouring (aka dirty pours) that I have done recently.  https://www.facebook.com/janetsbookcorner/

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millennials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it  🛢🛢🛢🛢🛢

NOTE: I cannot link this review to LinkedIn - there is something wrong with the linking/programming and it will not happen.