Cover Image: 100 Days of Sunlight

100 Days of Sunlight

Abbie’s writing is light and summery, so this is the perfect summer contemporary. I read it quickly and easily, and it’s a GREAT debut.

I loved a lot of the small aspects, the descriptions and poetic writing, and the breezy way the story moved along. Sometimes, I’m nervous about countdowns in stories, but it felt really natural and right for 100 Days of Sunlight.

also loved the friendships! Weston and Rudy were the best best friends I’ve read in a long time. I was cheering their friendship on!

The theming around senses. I loved feeling through the five senses, and felt like that was a lovely way to tie the different parts of the story together.

And the romance was sweet (even if it had cheesy moments) It was a sweet summer romance kind of read – which is what I expected! So, yay!

On the other hand, I didn’t really like some parts of the storytelling. As a survivor of PTSD, I felt like the main characters’ diagnosis was treated too flippantly.

And Tessa, the main character, could be really, really annoying. Like, super annoying. She complained a lot and was super demanding. I LOVED Weston so I wasn’t expecting to really dislike Tessa. But I definitely didn’t enjoy reading her perspective that much. And Tessa borders on a self-insert main character and if you’ve heard me chat about Again but Better, you KNOW I don’t like that AT ALL.

I also know the author worked REALLY hard to not be preachy in her writing, but sometimes the message seemed to override some parts of the storytelling. Since this is Abbie Emmon’s first book, I can imagine she’ll only get better as a writer. And I definitely plan to read her future books!
Thank you to Abbie Emmons and NetGalley for providing me an advanced copy of this book.

I was immediately drawn to this book by the description. I found the plot to be unique while still working in the same vein as books like Five Feet Apart and The Fault in Our Stars. It certainly had a lot of weight to it in terms of plot but it still read much lighter than I anticipated, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I enjoyed the characters very much, particularly Weston. Overall, it was a very sweet and touching read. Probably one of my favorite quick reads this year. Just enough sweetness that packs just enough of a punch; a great balance.
Thanks Net Galley for the preview!

I loved this book! Weston is everything Tessa needed and the perfect balance of dreamy and wounded. I loved their subtle getting to know you scenes where he really learned what makes her tick. Their kiss was romantic and complicated but written beautifully. I’d love to see more from these characters.
I had very different expectations for the book. I did not expect most of the book to be about Weston and his backstory maybe that is why I felt the book was rushed especially the ending. The two characters also got along and fell in love quicker than I thought they would. I also found the reason Weston helped and how he knew about Tessa really weird. The book has a cute concept but I just did not connect with Tessa's character.
This books was the perfect YA romance to get me out of a reading slump. This is a heart warming story with like able characters. Weston who has no legs helps Tessa who is temporarily blind see the good in life without actually seeing. This is a book of optimism, healing, and love. It was a quick read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to more books by Abbie Emmons!
This is a beautiful YA read. A sweet, emotional and uplifting story about two 16-year-olds who are dealing with significant life challenges and who find strength in their family and friends to hope and heal, and just keep on going. With characters that will own your heart and a gorgeous story of first love, this little book completely captivated me and I loved it.

Tessa Dickinson’s world is upended when she is involved in a car accident, and head trauma causes her to temporarily lose her vision. Told that her blindness will mostly likely last 11-14 weeks, she wallows in darkness, unable to use her beloved poetry blog as an outlet, and terrified that her condition will become permanent.

When her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper for somebody to help her with her blog, Weston Ludovico answers the call. As a double-amputee, he knows the challenges that come with having a disability, he understands how Tessa must be feeling, and he thinks that he can help her. His first meeting with Tessa doesn’t go well, but when she takes her anger out on him, he loves the fact that she doesn’t treat him like an invalid.

For a moment, I’m speechless.
It’s the first time in three years anyone has ever met me without that look of pity on their face. The first time anyone has ever looked at me and not seen me. The first time anyone has stood before me – with perfectly normal legs – and complained about their own problem.
The feeling is exhilarating.

It’s a match made in heaven, and though Tessa doesn’t make it easy, Weston is stubborn and keeps coming back with his eternal optimism, determined to get her out and living life again. And as he teachers her new ways to experience the world, it’s a beautiful journey for them as they become friends and Tessa comes to count on him in ways she never expected.

This stubborn, kind, impertinent, obnoxiously optimistic boy is doing something to me.
And it feels good.

Weston is an amazing character. His own story is told in flashback throughout the book, and I was amazed again and again at his strength, courage and incredible attitude. His love for his family and his passion for life kept him moving forward, and you can’t help but admire him and the way he handled his situation. And the way he is there for Tessa is absolutely beautiful!

But he has kept his condition a secret from Tessa, terrified that once her sight returns she will see him differently. When the time comes, they will both have to figure out their friendship and what they have come to mean to each other.

This is a beautifully emotional and heartfelt story that brings all the feels. I ached for these characters, and I celebrated their successes as they fought to overcome their obstacles. The friendship that they form is just gorgeous and the romance is a natural and honest extension of that, and I loved watching them find their way through it all.

This book left me with a big grin on my face, feeling awed and inspired by the journey of these two teenagers. It’s such a beautiful read.

This book put a smile on my face. I love Tessa and Weston's character arcs, and they showed me how to view the world in a different perspective. I love Abbie's writing style and the poetry she adds in between the lines. Thank you for this amazing ARC, and I am looking forward to reading Abbie's future books!
Was unable to open this document unfortunately. I was really looking forward to reading this book :(
A nice enough story about a boy and a girl dealing with different disabilities. Slightly more of Weston's POV than I was expecting and his constant optimism was grating at times.
This book did a number to my heart. I loved the story of Tessa and Weston. I especially enjoyed the poetry created by Tessa and the theme of sunlight throughout the novel. It was a very cute and fast read.
True to the premise, 100 Days of Sunlight is a poignant story about healing and getting back up when life goes sideways. The characters felt realistic and we get to know them personally as the story felt really reflective. However, it also made the story filled with monologues and felt deeply intimate. For a debut though, I think this is great and I would surely read the author’s subsequent releases!
This was such a heart touching story. A truly beautiful story with characters that soeak to your heart. Be prepared to shed a tear or two. I loved it.
Sadly, I DNF'd this one. Just wasn't for me. It was boring and was just unable to grab my attention...

But that is just MY opinion. I can see why people may gravitate towards this, so definitely would recommend to still try it out and see if it is right for you.
Thanks to Abby Emmons for the ARC of 100 Days of Sunlight. I started reading and didn’t stop until I was done. What a wonderful story! Congratulations on a great book! I loved Weston, a young, handicapped teen, who has the courage to not let his handicap rule his life. He is brave, considerate, and kind to everyone. When his newspaper father receives an ad for a secretary for a blind female teen, Weston answers the ad, despite the fact that the ad was pulled before anyone could answer. He knows what it is like to be different and feels he can help Tessa work through her fears of being temporarily blind and live her best life, even though she wants nothing to do with him. Weston is the perfect guy for her in so many ways. I loved this book. I can already see a movie in the near future!
I loved this book so much! It was a storyline like no other! Typically Young Adult books all have a similar theme but this one was decidedly different. Sure there is a girl and a boy but beyond that the issues that the teens are dealing with are not the normal stuff that teenagers or young adults deal with. The emotions that came up with me while reading it were sadness, worry and feelings of sorrow for some of the choices that the characters made. If you like YA books, this will be a refreshing book for you! I will recommend it to all who will listen!
100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons is a wonderful, intense book about  young adults dealing with their physical disabilities.  Tessa lost her eyesight when a drunk driver crashed into the car she was riding in.  Doctors are optimistic she will get her sight back in a few weeks. Weston lost both his legs, and understands what Tessa is feeling, and wants to help her.  I enjoyed the unique situations in this book, and watching the characters grow. I found this book to be a quick read, and highly recommend it.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher. Thank you.
This was a really great young adult novel. Two teens with handicaps find a way to help one another. I felt the characters were realistic and was especially impressed with how the author depicted the kids as mature, intelligent people. I am sure this book will appeal to preteens as well as teens.
I absolutely adored this lovely, charming, breathtaking, amazing, spectacular, stunning, wonderful book! I'd run out of adjectives explaining how great this book was! I read it in one sitting. I couldn't, nor did I want to, put it down! It's sunshine, it's pain, it's heartache, it's laughter. It's everything! Abbie Emmons writing was just effortless. She created two beautiful characters that I fell in love with almost instantly. She writes the characters with such authenticity. I feel anyone dealing with any handicap, disability, obstacle, setback, etc, would have felt genuinely represented. The story unfurls so beautifully. You are taken on this journey with Tessa and Weston. You are experiencing the sensations right alongside Tessa. I know it may be taboo to say as a bookworm but I WANT TO SEE THIS ON THE SCREEN! I want it so badly to become a series or a movie. I want this story to step out of my imagination and come alive in front of my eyes. I adored. I loved. Nothing else is left to say!
Picked this book because of the unique settings and it didn't disappoint! I thoroughly enjoy the story and love the characters :)
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own

A cute YA read for when you need something cute. It’s a great debut and the author shows a lot of promise.