Disney Manga: Descendants - Evie's Wicked Runway Book 2

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Jun 2019

Loved it... The Descendants just happens to be one of my grandson's favorite Disney movies. And it just so happens to be one of mine as well. So this little gift from NetGalley was pretty much the perfect summer read. I absolutely loved listening to him read out loud, and we loved the illustrations.
I'm living this new series, it's visually stunning and has a fantastic story. I loved Evie's character growth and seeing her make up with her rival. I'm definitely looking forward to future books in Auradon!
My favorite or of this was the art; the story was meh and predictable.It was also very much not a standalone, it did not provide much information at all concerning book one. It jumped right into the middle of the competition and didn't introduce the other characters. Who is Mia? Why is Chad helping her? I don't know.
Note: I received a copy of this book through NetGalley for an honest review.

I love everything Disney and all the characters. I loved the movie this book is based on and was excited to read it. However, I didn't read the first book so I was a little confuse but overall I like it okay.
My daughter loved getting to read more about Evie's adventures. She really liked the first one of these Evie manga novels and was thrilled when I told her there was a second one now. She thought that it was a fun read and even laughed out loud at Dude's antics and made sure to tell me all about it. The pictures are awesome and she really wants to get a print copy of both of these graphic novels now. The colors are stunning and the story easy and fun. We both definitely would like to see more of these type books, especially with Descendants characters. Mom and pre-teen approved!
amazing book one my daughter loved from start to finish, she enjoyed every part of this book the characters are one of her favourites of all time thanks to the movies and this book was the icing on the cake for her  we have so far read it 3 times and she still wants to read again and again
Evie has always been my favorite character and obviously as soon as I saw this manga, I knew that I wanted to read it. I loved the plot, the way Evie grows page after page and the sweetness that always comes with a Disney story. This manga is full of color, fun and love. I’m looking forward to keep reading more of this.
I loved the comic!!!!
I'm very happy to know that far from the movies there are more stories of these characters!!!
I want to read more!!!
Unfortunately, this wasn’t too my taste. The graphics were phenomenal and it was good writing but manga and this graphic novel/comic style just didn’t suit me but I’m so glad I’ve gave it a go and I’m sure people who love them will find so much joy in it.
Absolutely excited to see more Descendants literature coming out! I hope this helps pull young readers into such a wonderful series. I will be interested to see if more manga will be done from the other VK's perspectives!
Very sweet graphic novel with manga-inspired artwork. I love the bright colours and the energetic art style. The story picks up exactly where Volume One left off, which is great as that was halfway through the fashion competition that Evie, our main character, is trying to win. I really enjoyed the wholesome depiction of friendship and self-belief that comes through here - it's a great end to the story and I look forward to reading other stories in the Descendants manga series!
Evie’s Wicked Runway Book 2 was okay, but I wasn’t blown away by it. Maybe it was too short, or it could be I just didn’t know much about the characters from reading it. It might have helped it I had read Book 1 first, might have understood better what was going on. I can see fans of Descendants having a blast reading this graphic novel though.
I loved the continuation of Evie's adventure!
The design contest continues and Mia is the heavyweight and wants to win at all costs.
What I liked most about this book was that the way Evie does not give up and even after all supports Mia. It's worth it!
A nice follow up for Evie's story after the glitch she went through on the first book. I was expecting for more challenges, though. I feel like this one go so fast. I would prefer of it's a bit longer. A third volume maybe. But it is still an entertaining read with really beautiful graphics.
I was given this book by NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book. I love everything Disney and all the characters. I loved the movie this book is based on and was excited to read it. I though the plot was good as were the graphics. This book pulled me in and kept me entertained all the way through. I hope to get the chance to read the other books in the series, because I want more!

I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.