The Rock Balancer's Guide

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Aug 2019

I never thought about rock balancing as something that I could do, until I read this book.  It helps you be "in the moment" and not thinking about what is past, or what you have to accomplish later.  I liked this book a lot!
The author's painstaking research and attention to detail is obvious in the writing of this book.  There were many facts that I only discovered after reading this!
Helpful guide that educates readers on more than just rock balancing. I like the link between mindfulness and rock art. How can one expect to create a delicate structure if they are easily frustrated and unable to concentrate on being present.
This book could be called Zen and the Art of Rock Balancing.  It is as much about finding inner peace or your inner chi as it is about balancing rocks.  It is about taking the time to look at yourself and your own inner balance as you concentrate on balancing rocks atop one another.  It not only provides you with step-by-step instructions for how to built a tower of balanced rocks, but challenges you to explore yourself, to trust yourself, to believe in yourself, to find peace within yourself.  It is a peaceful book to explore and the photography is exquisite.
I have always been fascinated as to how they get the rocks to balance with different sizes on top of each other and it all different ally he way through without it falling and collapsing. Then I watched Moana and decided that I had to learn more about this ritual. Imagine my excitement when I discover that I could read all about it in this amazing book. Thank you so much for the joy of reading this one. Fascinating.
This is a wonderfully calming book. The photographs of fantastically balanced rocks  against beautiful landscapes are calming to look at. The text is simple and clear on a soothing background colour. The words guiding you to that inner place of calm are simple, instruct full, and minimal. I want to buy this book for all my stressed out friends and family. I so glad to have this copy many thanks to Travis Ruskus, pulisher and Netgalley for this advanced copy. This book will be my constant companion and guide for years to come.