Widow's Run

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Aug 2019

A funny really good read. A thriller with a difference, well worth the read gripping yarn makes you smile but doesn’t detract from the storyline. A heroine I’m sure we will hear more of in the future and I’m looking forward to that.
Widow’s Run by TG Wolff
Diamond Mystery #1

We meet Diamond at her funeral and it is quite an introduction! In disguise she is there to pick up information only to find that to get the information she is needed for something else before receiving information she believes will assist her in finding the person who killed her husband a year ago.

This is a combination type of story not easily pigeonholed into a genre of murder mystery. I didn’t feel it was a cozy or an intense murder mystery but a middle of the road story that introduces us to Diamond and gives us enough information about her past, the man she fell in love with and supporting characters that may appear in the future to make me want to read more. The story takes Diamond to Italy, where her husband was killed, and she manages to pick up a few pieces of the puzzle. She returns to the USA to continue pulling threads and eventually does figure out just who was behind the death of her husband and what motivated it. And then...she is off to solve another case.

I came away liking the supporting characters of Dix and Ian and Irish and now wonder what will happen next. Diamond is not an easy person to “like” but she is one to “admire”.

Thank you to Down & Out Books for the ARC – This is my honest review.

3-4 Stars
Widow's Run is a entertaining mystery with some interesting characters. The book is good and I would read more by this author.
I enjoyed this one it was good overall mystery. I loved the setting
thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book