Nature All Around: Bugs

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 13 Nov 2019

We love non-fiction children’s books and this book is great! The illustrations are lovely and the details are perfect for my kindergartener!
Oh, my gosh - the illustrations of this book steal the show! They are absolutely gorgeous. Overall, this was an informative, introductory book about insects with lots of interesting information on all sorts of bugs from bees to water bugs and moths to june beetles. Topics covered include metamorphosis, migration, hibernation, and bugs by season. In addition, the book also includes instructions on how to make an insect feeder.
Children fell in love with this book. They looked at pictures all over again and asked to read and reread it. Even for me, absolutely no way ever fan of bugs, the book was interesting.  The information was insightful and age appropriate.
This is such a gorgeous, eye-catching children's book..  My son is two and is OBSESSED with animals.  He loves seeing pictures of them, watching them on tv, and especially seeing them in real life.  This book is absolutely fantastic for introducing him to a wider range of insects and we will definitely be adding it to our collection.
I read this with my 4 year old son and we both loved it.  The writing and illustrations were great.  He loves bugs and this book kept him engaged and taught him many interesting things about the topic.
As a teacher with a classroom full of bug lovers, this book was an absolute stunner. It was beautiful, full of information and just lovely to read. It was an immediate order for our classroom!
The illustrations steal the show! They are gorgeous. Lots of interesting information on all sorts of bugs from butterflies to bees and moths to mosquitoes. Topics covered include migration, hibernation, metamorphosis and bugs by season. Perfect for late elementary, though the younger kids will love looking at the colorful pictures.

Did you know honeybees must collect nectar from 60,000-90,000 flowers to make a thimbleful of honey?! Also included are instructions on how to make a insect feeder for the hands on learners.

A great introduction to bugs.

I received an electronic copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This was a nice introduction to insects and similar creatures for the early elementary set. Some of it was familiar to my 6 year old and some was new, and the illustrations were gorgeous.
I received this arc from NetGalley for an honest review. I love these great big books about nature and animals that we find around us. This one is about bugs and there is a lot of interesting facts and pictures with great information. I even learned a few new facts. I will buy this one for nieces and nephews that love the outdoors.
A great and wonderful book for children! The illustrations are gorgeous, the information is simple for a child to understand! Teachers can use this book when learning about underground creatures, bug life, insects, plants and nature.
This title includes information about how bugs react to the changing seasons, species identification, and other interesting facts. The section on beginner bug watching is an excellent encouragement to children to make careful observations of their world. The illustrations are beautiful and engaging.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley!
adorable kids book.
we loved the illustrations.
the story was unique & easy to read!
This is a visually stunning book with excellent information. I have a 5 and 8 year old currently working on a bug/insect study and this book was a welcome addition to our little library. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous and engaged my children to spend several minutes on each page reading the information as well as talking about the pictures. My 8 year old was so excited to have a section on insect imposters as well as bugs throughout the seasons. Highly recommend for the little bug lover or backyard adventurer in your life!
This book has many beautiful illustrations about bugs. In my opinion, I believe for kids who are starting to learn about bugs, these illustrations are better than books displaying photographs, because they make bugs look less scary. It also has a lot of facts for kids to learn, as well as questions to get them thinking. Only comment to note is that it would be nicer if the print was bigger for smaller kids.
Beautifully illustrated, which makes learning about bugs so much more tolerable!
“Nature All Around: Bugs” is so informative, and presented in such a way that makes you turn the page faster to find out more. A perfect title for bug and insect enthusiasts, as well as those just starting to learn - perfect for homeschool or supplemental learning!
There is only one thing wrong with this informative, attractive guide to insects (and things we might think of as bugs that aren't).  It's not the way it pitches its information at its target audience, for that's fine.  It's not the artwork, for that's not as bright or appealing as it might be but has detailed craft in the production.  No, it's the fact that it's USA-only.  It covers migrations of butterflies you won't see outside the continental US, and it has several names in it that don't transfer to Brits like me, which is a large shame.
My five year old daughter loves bugs. We had a great time reading this book together and learning about all different types of bugs (including bugs that aren't true bugs). We live in the southeastern US & have a lot of different bugs here, so it was cool to see her identifying some of them in the illustrations before I even got a chance to tell her what they were. The language used is informational/educational but still not too hard for kids to understand. The illustrations are wonderful, too. Thanks, NetGalley, Pamela Hickman, and Kids Can Press!
2,5/5. An overall well done book with good informations. But, I said it many time, I'm not the biggest fan of those documentary with just illustrations, why not add real pictures. I get that she is probably a better illustrator then photographer, but the result is always a deception for me!
Nature All Around: Bugs is probably the most detailed book about bugs for children I’ve ever read. It’s full of so much information without being convoluted. The art throughout was beautiful and made the creepy crawlies look so pretty, even the icky ones looked lovely.

I really loved how it went into detail about bugs during each season as well as the difference between true bugs, strange bugs and insect imposters.

I would love this book for myself and my kids!