Cover Image: A Life WIthout Water

A Life WIthout Water

A Life Without Water - gosh so many emotions that I don't know how to put them into coherent sentences to be honest.

I went into this book without reading the synopsis too closely, so when I started reading and then realised this was going to go down the death of a child path, I wasn't sure if I could continue.  Having experienced that awful raw grief I'm always a little hesitant reading any novels that trigger those feelings again.

However, I did read it all and felt very much on an emotional roller coaster......angry, sad, disbelief and annoyance to name a few.  The main characters John and Carol were both flawed in different ways and at times I was angry with one or the other of them.  I struggled to see the positives of their marriage and felt that Carol was quite forgiving in the in the end.  But like in life all the what ifs doesn't change the outcome and that is the horrible fact of this tragedy and story.
This book gutted me. I read it in one sitting. Marci Bolden wove a beautiful and heartbreaking tale. It covers family, love, loss and forgiveness. You get a view of parents who are still going through the heartbreaking tragedy of losing a child, their relationship and themselves.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
An emotional read on the themes of relationships, love, loss and finding peace. My thanks to NetGalley and publisher for the opportunity to read this in exchange for me review. It’s the first I’ve read by this author and I enjoyed it.
A Life WIthout Water by Marci Bolden The story was overly dramatic, depressing and repetitive with unlikable characters.  Carol (Caroline) and John were both unforgiving and unrelenting in their bickering and blaming each other for their failed marriage and the death of their young daughter.   Not a good read for me.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
I am reviewing this book for NetGalley and Pink Sands Press. I didn’t receive anything for my honest review. I knew nothing about this author but loved the description and cover. Carol Denman is still grieving her perfect husband, Tobias, when her ex, John, of 24 years shows up at her door to make amends. He wants her to take a trip to see all of the places their daughter didn't get to go to.  What he tells her compels her to take the trip even though she’s still very angry at him. I didn’t like John anymore than she did when he showed up. As they set off in her RV and let down their guards and walls, each one becomes aware of the part they played in the event that tore them apart. I won’t say more because you just need to read it to absorb the story as it unfolds. I loved Tobias’s family and was glad the trip included meeting them as they were a bright spot!  I loved this book and stayed up way too late reading each night. I see this is a first in a series and I’ll be reading on see where life takes Carol as she forgives herself and the others in her past that hurt her. Well done.
This is the first book I have read by Marci Bolden. I picked up this book when I saw it on some friend's blogs and boy oh boy, it was so much more than I had expected. This book grabbed me from the beginning and had my emotions all over the place.

I do not want to give anymore away than what is in the description of the book, but I will tell you how it made me feel. First Carol was a character that had a lot of baggage. She is divorced from John and didn't like him very much, but she still had that attachment to him. When you have had a child with someone, there is always an invisible tie. She had some tough decisions to make and I don't know what I would have done in her shoes. John is a bit of a creep. He destroyed their marriage with his drinking and not supporting Carol when she really needed it, but he wants to make some amends before he dies. This is not a romance, they do not fall madly in love again. What you get with this book is a realistic human drama. A story of lost love, mortality, guilt, forgiveness, and a search for what is important as well as putting things to rest. This was an emotional story and one that I enjoyed, even though it had me in tears many times. I have just realized that this is the first in a trilogy, so I will have to pick up the next one.
Thank you to Netgalley, Pink Sand Press and Marci Bolden for this e-copy in return for my honest review. A bittersweet story of life, love and loss and everything in between. An emotional roller coaster of a read that I'd definitely recommend. I've already ordered the next two books in this series.
This was a nice and sweet read, that keeps you wondering about life and the choices we make in life.  I haven't read anything else by Ms Bolden, and will go back and rectify that now.  Recommended.
A Life Without Water is the first of a heart-warming, emotional  series by Marci Bolden. Reading this book led me to read the other two in the series because I loved it so much. The book made me cry but feel hopeful as I followed Carol's story of grief and healing.
Thanks to Net Galley and Pink Sand Press for the advance reader's copy of this book and the opportunity to review it.
A well-written story about love and loss and finally finding the wherewithal to let the negative emotions flow out and let the positive ones in. Bolden is very good at describing her main characters emotions, and she doesn't shirk mixing the unpleasant with the good and changing the balance of those over time--to where you can close the book and know everything's going to be okay..
A Life Without Water is a beautiful heartbreaking yet heartwarming read. I love how Marci Bolden just takes you on this emotional ride that doesn't let go. It is one beautiful ride that you will not want to miss out on. This is a story of loss and finally being able to grieve and heal. Carol and John past together will just grip your heart so.
This book was moving, poignant and well worth a read. It had me in tears throughout and the ending, although I knew what was coming, opened the floodgates! It was worth a read and I thoroughly recommend this book to those who don't mind getting their hearts smushed just a little bit...
This was an emotional book! Had me all in my feelings!
This book had me sucked in from the beginning and hooked!
A well written, heartbreaking book about forgiveness, and finding peace.
Truly enjoyed this novel and looking forward to reading the next one!
Thank You NetGalley, Pink Sand Press and Author for this ebook copy!
Wow, what a heart wrenching, tear jerking beautifully written story about forgiveness and saying a final goodbye to loved ones. Right from the start you are drawn into the sad story of Carol, who’s recently widowed and the journey she takes with her ex husband who both suffered the loss of their daughter and they embark on a trip to say goodbye together . I couldn’t put it down, it had me weeping like a baby, you really get drawn in my the storyline and feel for the characters. It’s the first book I’ve read by this author and I highly recommend it, but definitely have tissues at the ready.
Thanks to NetGalley for the ecopy for my Kindle.
This is a story about forgiveness and redemption.  The only problem I had with it was the profanity "gd."
A emotional  book about lost forgiveness and how to move on. A very emotional read from start to finish.
Such an emotional book. Tissues are definitely needed when reading this book! Highly recommended by me. Thanks for the opportunity to read and review this book.
I really enjoyed this book, it sucked you in and took you on a roller coaster ride of emotions.  it is one of the best books I have read.  I really loved it especailly the characters
Tragedy that no parent should have to face.  Lots of tissues are a must when you read this book.

I found this book to be somewhat depressing.  Carol and John have experienced a parent’s worst nightmare...the loss of a child.  Add to that the fact John is terminally ill and there is not much joy in this book.  The theme that ran through this story was forgiveness.    It took me awhile to read this book because of the nature of the plot.

The book was well written in spite of the sadness throughout. I had to finish even though it made me sad.

I received a copy of a Life Without Water from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
I was a bit disappointed with this book.  It was very predictable and because of that, seemed to drag in the middle.  I am glad Carol was able to ease her grief and lift herself of the pain she was carrying over her daughter’s  death but, it was jus a little bland for my liking.