The Turn of Midnight

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Sep 2019

Ms Walters can surely write books that keeps you hooked till the last page, this one was no exception.
I read it as fast as I could and found the story gripping and entertaining.
I liked the characters, well written and fleshed out, the well researched historical setting and the plot.
I look forward to reading other books by Ms Walters.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
My sister poppy LOVES Minette Walters so she absconded/stole this ARC from me to read and review! She reads almost as fast as I do and she inhaled this book ASAP.

We received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The compelling, taut and suspenseful conclusion to The Last Hours

As the year 1349 approaches, the Black Death continues its devastating course across England. In Dorseteshire, the quarantined people of Develish question whether they are the only survivors.

Guided by their beloved young mistress, Lady Anne, they wait, knowing that when their dwindling stores are finally gone they will have no choice but to leave. But where will they find safety in the desolate wasteland outside?

One man has the courage to find out.

Thaddeus Thurkell, a freethinking, educated serf, strikes out in search of supplies and news. A compelling leader, he and his companions quickly throw off the shackles of serfdom and set their minds to ensuring Develish’s future—and freedom for its people.

But what use is freedom that cannot be gained lawfully? When Lady Anne and Thaddeus conceive an audacious plan to secure her people’s independence, neither foresees the life-threatening struggle over power, money and religion that follows…

Poppy here - I adore Minette Walters and this was a wonderful addition to the Black Death series. Miss Walters is a wonderful writer who knows how to set up a story and follow through with it in a rich, fascinating manner. The stories all knit together to make a fabulous read - you will find yourself gripped from page one to last --- I cannot wait for the next book in the series!!!!.