Cover Image: Mooncakes

Mooncakes

For those looking for a sweet graphic novel with just a hint of witchery, this is a perfect recommend. The characters are dynamic and well drawn, and the storyline appeals. Good for young to older teens.
This is a very cute, very inclusive story. The main characters are not just a witch and a werewolf, but they are also both LGBTQ. Tam even uses they/them pronouns. It is also a heartwarming story about both close-knit family and found family.

The artwork is really nice and cohesive. I noted the care with which they made sure Nova's hearing aids were always visible. The colors were vibrant but cozy, creating the perfect atmosphere for a story full of witches, werewolves, and demons. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Such a sweet like graphic novel!

Loved the art style, the two main characters and the autumnal vibes. I ddid like the story, but the ending just left me wanting more. Overall, short and sweet!
This was such a cute read. A sapphic witch and werewolf couple who are childhood crushes to friends to lovers, plus sapphic grandmothers and animal spirits and black cat familiars. Super adorable and wholesome. Loved the illustrations.

Thank you, NetGalley and Oni Press, for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Quality depictions in imagery and text, this story was a well crafted and well paced read that I highly recommend for collectors of graphic novels.
This is a very sweet graphic novel. It features nonbinary and Asian-American characters, but never tokenizes them. There are moments of parental abuse and transphobia that some readers may feel triggered by. However, it doesn't feel gratuitous and the majority of the characters are supportive.
Adorable and unique, this graphic novel delivers sweet, queer, and witchy in spades. Definitely worth the read if any of those words sparked your interest.
This was absolutely everything. I loved everything about this. The characters, the witchy vibes, the representation, the illustrations, the relationships, EVERYTHING! I can't wait to get a final copy when it comes out in October so I can see all of the full colour illustrations.
This book was honestly so cute. It was an easy read, filled with witchy vibes and a fantastic atmosphere.
The graphic novel was amazing with it's diversity - from LGBTQIA+ representation, the use of 'they/them' pronouns. Also not to mention that there is hard of hearing diversity as well? The author did such an amazing job in creating the characters and they really make the graphic novel a five star read for me.

The illustrations are beautiful and vibrant too, and really helped tell the story.
The artwork in this book is beautiful and I loved the design of the characters and world. The diverse characters were refreshing, but I don't think this story is for me.
I liked the drawing style and the colouring in this one. I also loved the storyline, It felt short but also like it might have been building up to something bigger?
I enjoyed this story.  The art style was lovely and it had diverse characters.  I loved that it was set in a bookstore.  Interweaving magic and shape shifting in the real world made it more magical.  It was a fast-paced read.  I would definitely be interested in a continuation.

I received an eARC via netgalley; all opinions are my own.
I read this quite a long time ago, but i still remember how good it made me feel! It was literally the cutest story ever. It also touched up some very important topics which i think is what makes the story even better. The art-style was absolutely stunning!

I think that this graphic novel is one that should be read during a specific time to enjoy to the fullest - it gives me full on autumn/october/halloween vibes. It follows two main characters - Nova, who is a witch and is living with her two grandmothers, and Tam who is her non-binary werewolf love interest.

Thank you NetGalley for providing me with an early copy in exchange for an honest review!
An adorable, diverse graphic novel! This is a really beautiful and powerful book. I loved the illustrations and the relationship between the two main characters. A lovely read filled with great representation, I'd thoroughly recommend.
This was such a fun read! I loved the fantasy elements and the inclusion of same sex relationships and nonbinary pronouns! So important today, but not seen nearly often enough.
This book is such a cute read! The story is so soft and lovely and the art style that is used throughout is something that I found phenomenally good. The female/non-binary love interest was something that I found so interesting. The characters are adorable and I need more of this book!
I loved the relationships in this graphic novel. From the friendship to the family relationships. This book was a great mix of fantasy and cozy! This is the ideal book for fall.
I really enjoyed the seasonal festivities as well as the artwork throughout the whole storyline. The relationship felt a bit rushed towards the beginning, but overall it was a very cute and lively story.
While the art was amazing, I didn't really connect with the characters and the plot was just okay to me. It was still a good book but I didn’t love it like I wanted to.

#Mooncakes #NetGalley
I absolutely adored this book! I really liked all the characters, the representation the art style, and all the fantasy surrounding witches. I really appreciate that this featured a hard-of-hearing witch and a nonbinary werewolf, and the fact that they are both Chinese-American. I didn't want to put this down once I started reading and I can't wait to recommend this to friends.