Lead Like Walt

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Read all my reviews at https://brainfartsandbooks.wordpress.com

As an avid Disney fan and an even bigger fan of the Mouse himself, I have always wondered about Walt Disney and his work ethic and how his company started. Walt Disney was a true entrepreneur. He was without all of the technology and tools we have today yet his ideas and creative ability are still going as strong as ever. Walt Disney put his heart and soul into his company and this book breaks down the qualities that Walt had when building his business.

Pat Williams does a great job of including personal stories from people who knew Walt in the book. Examples of how Walt treated people and what he would do in specific situations. I very much enjoyed reading about how Walt Disney made his dreams come true even after his untimely death. His legacy lives on each and every day. One of my favorite fun facts in the book is that Walt chose the address for Disneyland to be at 1313 South Harbor Blvd which is now 1313 Disneyland Drive. The letter "M" is the thirteenth number of the alphabet so the address translates to "MM" which of course stands for Mickey Mouse. It's the little things like that that make you realize that Disneyland was really, and will always be, Walt Disney's baby.

Thank you to Netgalley, Pat Williams, and Health Communications for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Good book on the leadership behaviors of Walt Disney.  The book goes deep into the idiosyncrasies that made Walt Disney beloved of everyone, from customers/fans to employees and backers.  The book lays out personality traits that made Disney successful and does so by recounting actual stories of interactions with people:  Walt's method of introducing and selling new ideas, Walt's ability to make anyone comfortable in his presence,  and Walt's uncanny understanding of people and how to adjust his approach and tailor it to each unique individual that he came in contact with.  Disney lovers and leaders from any industry will come away with nuggets from this book.
As a business owner you tend to notice other companies who deliver on excellent customer service. Disney is one of those companies! This book was very insightful look on the wonders of Walt. I would recommend this to anyone who manages people in any industry.

Thank You NetGalley and Health Communications INC. for giving me this advanced readers copy in return for my honest opinion.
As a Disney fan and affiliate travel agent that specializes in Disney travel, as soon as I saw this book, I knew I had to read it. I'm so happy I did because this book is amazing. As a small business owner myself, it has helped me understand the business world a little more. I like how it has a ton of good ideas that as a business owner I can do and this book is perfect for anyone who is looking to see how Walt Disney became so successful in the way that he led his business.
This book was received as an ARC from HCI Books - Health Communications Inc in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was curious to read this book due to having worked for the Walt Disney Company my junior year in high school. I wanted to see what tips and tricks Pat showcased in this book to see if there was any similarity to the Disney 101 course I took in Orlando. I do have to say that not only is this book similar to the course but in my opinion, I think Pat showcased Walt's method better enough that I think Disney should make Pat's book part of their New Employee training. This book shows you that you do not have to know Walt personally to learn from him and I found it so cool that Pat received a letter from Roy Disney the nephew of Walt thanking him for writing this book and mentioning him in the book. If you want to learn a thing or two not only about the Disney way but in leadership in general, this book is for you.

We will consider adding this title to our Non-Fiction Self Help collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
As a Disney nerd, as soon as I saw this book, I knew I had to read it. I'm so glad that I did because this book is amazing. As a small business owner too that it has helped me understand the business world a little more. I like how it has a ton of good ideas that as a business owner I can do and this book is perfect for anyone who is looking to see how Walt Disney became so successful in the way that he led his business.
Great book on leadership. I’ve read several books by Pat Williams and have enjoyed everything I’ve read. Good insight into a great organization.
I’m not really a ‘self-help’ kinda girl. Not at all. But this one mentioned Walt and I’m someone who loves all things Disney so of course I had to see what this one was about.
I really enjoyed all the different insights on him and people who knew him. I thought this was done well. It kinda told a story while giving advice on how to be a great leader.
I definitely recommend this one!