Winnie and the Mystery of the Missing Moonstones

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Oct 2019

Young fans of adventure and magic will be delighted by “Winnie and the Mystery of the Missing Moonstones.” Cheer along with Winnie and her brother as they find themselves helping two trolls solve an ancient puzzle. The expedition leads them through a forest, across a mysterious lake and under a rumbling volcano. Magic marshmallows, a bumbling dad and an extremely talkative troll add to the fun of this enjoyable romp!
I was very surprised to read a children's story all about trolls, especially the ones, with the colorful hair, that always stuck up. I remember these trolls as dolls, when I was a child.
I really enjoyed reading this book, and learned quite a few little facts about trolls, that I never knew. Like how they could do magic, and about their precious gems.
The pretty illustrations made a nice touch to the overall completed story, and I really liked studying them.
I think any child of middle grade age, would really enjoy reading about the two children, and their little troll friends.
I  received a free digital copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

Trolls!! Anyone who knows me knows my love for Trolls! This was a cute chapter book with nice illustrations.
Cute little chapter book for anyone that likes Trolls, especially the old ones with moonstones in their tummies.  Writing was a bit juvenile, although that fits with the age level of the book so should be fine.  There are a few illustrations that are nice to go with the story.  I think the biggest thing about the book that lowered the star rating for me was the long build up and then short adventure.
This was a cute read, it really reminded me of my favorite childhood fairytales. The characters were great and I really liked the world that was built.
This book is very well written, and the illustrations are beautiful. My children enjoyed this book as well, which makes it a 5 star for us
When Winnie reluctantly goes on a camping trip with her brother Jerry and her father, she encounters a strange creature in the forest. She and Jerry set off on an adventure.

This book is very well written, and the illustrations are beautiful. The story is entertaining and absorbing, even as an adult. I would have loved this story even more as a child.

The relationship between Winnie and Jerry was a realistic sibling relationship. The squabbling and generally being extremely irritating to one another reminds me of some parts of my own childhood. Winnie’s feelings about having to go on this camping trip very much remind me of how unfair life sometimes seemed at that age.

The trolls are brought to life very well, having their own characters and way of life in Mayfield (their village). The adventure that the two trolls and two children go on is well imagined and believable (within the genre of fantasy). Enough danger to make it exciting, but not too much.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun, light hearted, fantasy adventure, I had so much fun reading it.