Silo Boys

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Oct 2019

Silo Boys was an interesting crime/mystery with various twists and turns in it. Though I might add that I sometimes struggled a little bit with a couple of the characters, but it was overall a fun read.
Silo Boys took me for a ride that didn’t stop until the last page. Twist after twist, turn after turn, I had no idea what the answers were until the very end. I like to consider myself a person who can put puzzles together, but the puzzle presented in Silo Boys left me speechless in the end. I’m kind of obsessed with the idea that I couldn’t guess the ending. I think it’s a testament to the author’s abilities.
#Netgalley
I will be honest... I got this book by mistake. I accidentally clicked on it and got a copy when, after reading the blurb, I did not want to read it... but I am SO GLAD i did!!
This book was fantastic. Once i started i could not put it down. I loved our main character and how brave she is for searching for answers, and juggling her grief and fear.
I cannot wait for more from this author!!
Silo Boys by Amy Brooke Odell is an interesting book about a group of close friends whose lives all change in one night.  This book is told from Addy prospective, a nineteen year old girl.  Two years ago three boys were seen walking to the silo.  The next morning one boy is dead, Addy's boyfriend is missing, and the other friend denied being there.  Addy gets a note from her boyfriend saying he's back in town, but before Addy can meet him, his body is found.  I found this book to be fast paced read, which kept my interest all the way through.  I recommend this book to all who enjoy a good mystery.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher.  Thank you.
At first, i didnt know if i would like this book. The author tried to get a lot of information in at the beginning. But, once we got past the influx on info, the story really grabs ahold of you. The author does a great job of building tension. From around the 30% point, i kept thinking we were so close to naming the killer. It always felt like we were on the tip of the reveal.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley!

Initially, Silo Boys drew me in based on the summary and the cover art.   I had high hopes honestly...

I hate to say it, but i was disappointed.    The story itself was... mediocre at best.    A small town mystery.    the typical high school football players are the heroes/stars... the girls who date them are simply...defined by that.   There were some interesting twists... some decent chapters.. overall, it had so much potential.    it just didn't.. hit every poitn for me.. sorry.
A mediocre small-town mystery, where the high school football players are heroes to everyone and the young women who date them are defined by their relationships with the team stars. The characters were unconvincing, as was the first-person voice that was more appropriate for a third-person omniscient narrator.
Silo Boys was a fast paced book, that keeps you on edge. Definitely did not expect some of the turn of events that played out through out the book.

Rating 3.5
This is a great read with many twists and turns to keep you gripped and wanting to read more. Looking forward to reading more from  Amy.
One dead, one missing, and one who was never there.
In a sleepy town in South Carolina, nineteen year old Addy Marks has spent the past two years coming to grips with the mysterious death of her friend Beau and the disappearance of her boyfriend Mason.
After the annual Dogwood festival three boys were seen heading toward a local silo. When morning arrived, Beau’s body was discovered, Mason was missing, and Hunter, the best friend of the two boys, claims he wasn’t at the silo.
Two years later everything is turned upside down when Mason unexpectedly returns to town, but before Addy can meet with him he is found murdered. Coping with her best friend’s lies, uncovering the last standing Silo Boy’s sealed alibi, and protecting her friends from harm, Addy must figure out what happened that night at the silo before anyone else loses their life. As she exposes the tragic mystery she realizes that everyone holds tightly to their secrets and misdeeds.

This was a great read from the very start.
Supernatural type feel to this read.
Very suspenseful, full of twists and mystery throughout.
Well written story line and plot through the entire story.
Characters have been written extremely well and fleshed out nicely.
Recommend reading.

I voluntarily reviewed this complimentary digital book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my very own!
This was a very fast paced  YA mystery.  I don’t typically read a lot of YA, but occasionally pick them up when the subject matter captures me.  Lots of twists and turns that kept me waiting to find out what was going to happen next.  Great plot, a very enjoyable read!

Thank you to the publisher for the free copy in return for an honest review.
*Thank you to the publisher for the free copy in return for an honest review of the book. *

Silo Boys was a wonderful read. It captured my attention right from the start by dropping me right into the middle of a town wide mystery. I found the author’s details to be perfectly placed and not so much that the book drags on. It was hard to put this book down! Definitely worth the read! Great mystery with great suspense - and not at all predictable! Fabulous read. I will be adding this to my classroom library.
Wow. That’s really all I can say about this book. I really really enjoyed it. I could not put it down. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was as anxious and paranoid as the narrator. This book kept me guessing up until the very last pages. It was such a quick read, and I loved every bit of it. It was so good.
A fast paced older YA.The twist and turns kept me reading until the end in one sitting. The less you know the better so be assured there is a ending.
This had such a neat supernatural feel to it, I loved every minute of reading it. The characters were great and the mystery had me from the start. The author also had great atmosphere building in The novel.
There were a lot of twists that I was not expecting. For such a short book there was certainly a lot packed into it!
4.25⭐️’s

Right from the beginning of this novel I fell in love with the author’s ability to use tons of detail, but not in a boring matter. There have been tons of books I’ve read in the last couple of years that drag on and on with details about non useful things. But with Silo Boys it’s a different story; many chapters go on and on with narrative. However it keeps you interested to keep going.

The ending was such a surprise to me and normally in mystery books I can pin point the person who done it. That was not the case with Silo Boys. Right to the last page it kept my speechless.

A fantastic read, that everyone one should have on their TBR list.
What an interesting mystery to solve throughout this book. This story twists and turns around, page by page and you have no clue how this story will end. It keeps you on your toes to guess what will happen. An easy read and I really enjoyed the story even though it was for teens/young adults. It gets 4 points from me!
This is a really interesting mystery, with a well written story, even if it's a little too slow. This is caused by many repetitions, as the main character tells several people the same things. We don't need to hear it every time.
The plot may also be a little weak, but you can read the book and decide for yourself, as it's an enjoyable book.
*I received this book as an ARC through netgalley*

One dead, one missing, and one who was never there.

Silo boys follows Addy on her story of finding the truth out of what happened to her friends and boyfriend. Her friend Beau was found dead, her boyfriend was missing and Hunter was the only one who knows the truth. As she starts going digging deeper on what happened that ill fated evening she starts to worry about her own life.

This book was okay, honestly it wasn’t one of the best books I have read but some parts definitely kept me wanting to read. It wasn’t until 92% that I was hooked and dying to know what happened to everyone. The book closes the story amazing and doesn’t leave you wondering what happens. But there are many scenes that leave jump from one place to another in the next paragraph, and kind of leaving you wonder what? I wasn’t a fan of this authors writing style and not sure if I would pick any of her books up again.