Cover Image: Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather

First and foremost, I would love to thank NetGalley, the author, and publishers for allowing me the opportunity to read this advanced copy. This book is enjoyable. Recommended
Birds of a Feather by Vanita Oelschlager was such a fun read.  This quick read was the perfect way to put some questions to rest.  Having little kids always ready with a "what's this mean, what's that mean" this was a great way to entertain them.  It was fun to show pictures to help explain what the idioms mean and how they are demonstrated was spot on!  We all had a laugh and enjoyed looking at the illustrations and fun colors.
Birds of a Feather focuses on the meaning of famous idioms. It's fun and well illustrated.
It would be easier to read as a physical book since the answers are upside down (not so easy to check when using a computer), but other than that, it's a quirky, interesting book to teach kids about these types of phrases.
This book is absolutely adorable for children to be entertained with. This is a silly book for kids to enjoy reading or having it be read to them by someone else. The illustrations are funny.
Birds of a Feather is a cute and silly book as promised; kids will enjoy reading or having it read to them! Bonus: flamingos are on the cover, which in my opinion, makes it awesome.
Super adorable book to learning original meaning behind the idioms.  With such cute comical illustrations and hilarious I can see this book will easy become all age kids's favourite.  Extra fun when they are birds fans.

Thank you Netgalley and VanitaBooks, LLC  for provided my copy, the opinions are my own.
Stop what you're doing and buy this book if you're needing a playful and exceptionally interesting read for your kiddo, students or DEFINITELY AS A GIFT!

I was thoroughly impressed with Birds of a Feather- I thought it was delightful and cute! The illustrations are SPOT ON and perfect for younger ages who actually might think that the idiom means what the picture implies (I mean, idioms are so weird and don't make sense so who can blame them!) It's a perfect way to spark a class discussion/dialogue and connect through laughing- because this book is hilarious. I was smiling the whole way through. It's a perfect picture book to be read in a group setting, the explanation of the idiom is upside down and in small print- allowing (and encouraging) the reader to use this as a game or activity while not giving away the answer easily.
The illustrations will have everyone roaring and jumping at the chance to scream what they think it means and I can only imagine the crazy scenarios and stories that will come of it!

My only complaint is that there was one idiom that explained the initial meaning behind it and I wish that all of them had the back-story and where the phrase came from- I'm sure us adults would learn a lot from that piece too!

Something that will also stick with me is that the author said the book was written because there is humor in language- that idioms are 'your language's ticklish spot' and I could not agree more. I never thought of words as fun when I was little, but I find it extremely important that we show our younger generation that learning doesn't have to be boring.

I was laughing out loud to myself page by page...especially with 'Bringing home the bacon' because I'd love to do that (literally bringing home a pig AND bringing home some moolah!).

Note to the author: pleeeeeease write a sequel (and more)!
*I received this book for free through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Enjoyed it!

Loved the illustrations and concept for this book. One illustration does depict the cops as pigs (which I did not like). The explanations were upside down and I had a hard time reading them on the computer. All-in-all, this was useful and cute-would recommend.
If you like birds you’ll be sure to flock to this book. I loved the illustrations and overall theme and message in this book. It was easy to read and one for any age.
This book is absolutely adorable, well worth a 5-star review. As it is not often that a book is a delight for toddlers and can still entertain older children as well. We're talking kids up to the age of 10 and maybe even 11 and 12-year-olds. How you might ask, well first off let's tackle the little ones. They're going to just love the giggles they get from the silliness of the cute and comical pictures, especially if the adult reading to them does a little ad-libbing along the way. Now for the big kids, they may enjoy the silly illustrations, however, what they'll find interesting is finding out the original meaning behind the idioms. This will be a hoot, not only for the kiddos but for the parents as well. So there you go, happy reading with the bonus of some education thrown in as well

Thank you to Netgalley and VanitaBooks, LLC  for this Arc.
The review and opinions are solely my own.
I was looking around the children's section because I'm looking for a gift for a friend's child, and I came across this. Birds of a Feather is so cute and I think it's a fun book for children and adults to read together! The illustrations are adorable and it teaches kids all about idioms. It reminds me of a few stories I read as a kid!
I'm a sucker for a children's book that is both entertaining and educational, and this one does not disappoint! It features some of the most colorful, dynamic, and amusing illustrations, which pair with popular idioms. Then, in the bottom corner of each page, the idiom is explained and an example sentence is given. It's the perfect way to make this book accessible for a large age range. Smaller kids will enjoy the photos and expressions, older students can learn some new idioms to use in their writing. It's a great addition to a classroom library!
No file found. The file does not show up in my content nor on my NetGalley Shelf. I have downloaded the file multiple times. Looks like a cute book my Granddaughters would enjoy so we will look at the library this fall.
I loved the illustrations however I felt like the font could have been a bit larger! This book is great for children who are bit older. There are idioms and the definitions of them provided when the page is flipped. I loved the fact that the definition of the idiom was upside down because children are able to think for themselves and attempt to decipher the meaning behind it.
I am unable to open the file.

Reviewing only because the files aren't working for me however I will look for another way to get a copy so I can review this book.
Fun book for any classroom! The illustrations really bring this to life, a lovely book for any home or educational setting.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for letting me access an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest feedback.
I was unable to open this file, although it sounds like  fantastic picture book. I will be looking for it at the library.
I am unable to open the file.

This book was received as an ARC from VanitaBooks in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Loved is an understatement with how I feel about this book. The idioms were so brilliantly drawn and executed (my favorite was look what the cat dragged in by the way). I know our community especially the schools and our ESL Tutors will find this book useful, clever, and fascinating to read. I can see the smiles on everyone's face and giggles from all the children. I know this book will be circulated very well.

We will consider adding this title to our JFiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
This was a clever little books. My kids got a good laugh out of it. The illustrations were wonderful. I'd suggest it to others.