Cover Image: Abduction

Abduction

A good psychological thriller with some twists
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
Oh I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this. Totally creepy, believable and well-written. I’d recommend this book and gave it 5/5 on goodreads.
This book had me hooked line and sinker. I couldnt put it down. It was written very well and I really loved the characters. Highly recommend.
Thank you for the opportunity to read this book, it was very enjoyable. I found the plot line engaging and the characters believable. Full of suspense and quite thought provoking. I have not read anything by this author before but will do in the future! I will be recommending this book to friends and family.
This book was fast paced. Hard to put down. It flowed well and it was very well written. It caught hold of me and had me hooked from the start . I was literally on the edge of my seat reading this book.
The book opens with Grace’s third birthday party.  Her mother, father and nine year old sister Elise are celebrating along with other family, friends and neighbours.  During a game of hide and seek Grace disappears and the family have never known what happened to her.  Fourteen years later, after never giving up hope of finding Grace, Elise is convinced that a young woman she sees in a shopping centre is Grace, even when her husband and family try to persuade her otherwise.  She is determined to pursue this and contacts Detective Sergeant Jack Priestley to re-open the case. Can it really be Grace, and if so where has she been.
The book was told in short chapters, by different characters  which made this an excellent read.  I did guess early on who the culprit was but that didn’t stop me from enjoying the book.  An excellent read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Sapere Books for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
A different kind of story line.  It reminds me of Deep End of the Ocean, which is a very good book.  A child is abducted with no trace.  14 years later, her sister is positive she has found the abducted child.  What do you do next?  How can this play out?  Carefully!!!  Gillian Jackson has done an excellent job of weaving many story threads together to send us to the right place at the right time to maybe solve a crime and bring a family back together.  An excellent mystery/ thriller with enough tension and suspense to keep us reading long after lights out.
A great read that had me gripped from the beginning to end.. the writing is amazing, character and plot is well written.
A must read for an thriller fan
This book was a gripping thriller that had me hooked from the beginning. It is every parents nightmare - your child going missing. You everywhere for them and have no idea where they have disappeared, or who might have taken them. That's what happens in this book and you will be flipping through the pages as you read this addictive thriller.

I enjoyed how the story unfolded and the way the story was written. I flew through this book in one day, I was hooked and immersed in the story. This was the first novel I have read by the author and I look forward to reading more.
*Thanks to NetGalley and Primedia eLaunch for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.* A child's birthday party goes horribly wrong when three year old Grace disappears from her family's garden, seemingly without a trace. Fast-forward 14 years and her older sister Elise is now all grown up - married and with a baby on the way. A chance encounter at a shopping centre is set to change everyone's lives. Elise is sure that the young woman she meets, Jane, is her long-lost sister. Jane's parents, understandably deny any knowledge of a connection. I enjoyed the book and getting to know all of the characters, but at times I did feel the plot strained the bounds of reality just a tad. Whilst a good read, I did predict a number of the twists and turns ahead of time. Nevertheless, would recommend for those that enjoy a good mystery novel.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. Jackson is an elegant, insightful writer.
Many thanks to Sapere Books and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion
Elise stood still - this was her sister. 100% This was the first time in fourteen years that Elise had seen her sister. Not because she didn't want too but because Grace went missing...

Every parent's worse nightmare. Whilst celebrating Grace's 3rd Birthday, she goes missing in her own garden. Disappeared without a trace. Her parents cannot believe that she was taken from their own garden.

Over the years despite not finding a body. Grace;s family have had to get on with life.
Elise marries and becomes pregnant whilst Margaret and Stephen moved to France.

Elise now in her 20s now has the hardest job ever - prove that it is Grace! She has no evidence but one face to face meeting confirms it for Elise. Now she has to convince someone to take her seriously.

I write this with a heavy heart. As this is every parents nightmare. I cannot imagine what the parents went through. I cried with them - tears of sadness and happiness.

I too was very intrigued what had happened to Grace - noone goes missing without a trace in their own garden surely.

The plot was easy to figure out as it has been used in series and other books before. However the twist at the end was something I did not know was going to happen. I knew someone was responsible just did not know who.
The ending dragged on a little bit but I was definitely shocked at the end.
Abduction is a great thriller with a good twist at the end of the book. The characters and storyline are well developed. The writing is good.
What a fantastic book this was to read it had me on the edge of my seat all the way through and had a surprising ending which in ever expected.
Thank you for the opportunity to read this book and I really enjoyed it. It is very well written and  I loved how it had been set out. The detail of the story and the procedures are amazing. Fully recommend this book. Amazing! Start to end
The premise of this book sounded fantastic. I struggled with the writing. It was a bit confusing. I had to go back a few times to see the chapter headers to see who was talking. It was a bit frustrating.
That was disappointing because the story itself was quite good.
Elise cannot believe her eyes. Standing just feet away from her in a local shopping mall is the image of her sister, missing 14 years. She knows deep down it is her! She follows the young woman making it look accidental when she bumps into her and starts a conversation. The young woman we find out is named Jane Solomon.
Convinced she has found her missing sister, Elise, now in her 20's, married, and pregnant...contacts local law enforcement to reopen the investigation.
14 YEARS PRIOR
It is Grace's birthday and family and friends gather at Lilac House to celebrate. While in the middle of a game, little Grace goes missing. She is never found.
Meanwhile, Grace cannot remember anything about that day, her family, etc. As the story develops, Margaret, Grace/Elise's mother does everything in her power to help her daughter remember but still she cannot recall anything. It is not until local family the Solomon's are arrested for her kidnapping that Grace realizes who she really is. Her "father" almost immediately suffers a heart attack and dies and her "mother" Elizabeth has gone all but mute and is not speaking about the incident. Grace then must learn the truth on her own.
The family decides to revisit Lilac House, now owned by a new family, to see if any of her memories can be triggered. While there, Grace suffers a flashback that provides her all of the answers she is looking for.
Who was behind the kidnapping? The truth will leave you speechless
This book kept me on the edge of my seat! Another wonderful thriller by Gillian Jackson. Great character development and a very surprise ending.
#Abduction # Netgalley
I enjoyed this book, however I do think it was predictable. When Grace went missing at the age of 3. Although 12 years later. Elsie was 9 when her sister disappeared. She saw someone who she was convinced was Grace. After Elise phoned the Family liaison officer who checked out. This girl who was the daughter of a doctor. After production of her birth certificate, of his daughter.  It looks like it’s alk eventually over now. Time to accept Grace is no longer coming home
I enjoyed the overall story- I did guess the twist at the end. Likeable characters and well written. I did, however, find it a little repetitive and there were way too many exclamation marks through the book. I would read more from this author.

Thank you to netgalley for the free digital copy.