Cherished Wings

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 23 Sep 2019

Set in 1943, this book was both interesting in that it was thought provoking as it reminded us how life was for those serving in WWII and how significant it was on those at home.  As this is the first in the series, I am definitely looking forward to reading more.  My thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was the beautiful love story of Fran and Jack during WWII.  It is very atmospheric and was hard for me to put down. There is a wonderful twist at the end.
Many thanks to Soul Mate Publishing LLC and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
A beautiful love story told with a dual timeline of WW II and the present. A story of love, loss and second chances. A quick read, one that was hard to put down. Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley for the opportunity to read an advance copy.
A beautiful tragic love story that carries over five centuries. It is a heartwarming tale that occurred to many during and after World War II. A  gifted author.
Cherished Wings by Tracey L. Dragon. What a beautiful historical fiction love story. I loved the story did not want to put the book down but seen was on my kindle on ipad I had to charge it. I cannot wait to read Amy’s story when I can afford to buy it or find it in the library. Thankyou very much for writing the story.
This was a quick read that was based in wwII as well as the present. I totally guessed the twist but it was good. Thank you to netgalley for the arc.
Thank you get gallery for the book! What a wonderful story,this style should be made into a movie for tv!.The characters are so real and you think you are watching and know.these peobple!.History was well researched into fiction that I absolutely love! It's a must read for all!!
Thank you net galley for the advance reader copy of this novel.    This was a dual timeline novel set in present and WWII.   I enjoyed the WWII story of a rapid fire romance between Fran and Jack.   I didn't like that they forever kept their relationship hidden from others and felt like the novel kept leading to that explosion but never happened.   I also felt the present timeline was a been unrealistic with the deathbed reunion.   Overall a cute story and I will read the second story about friend Amy.
Absolutely loved this book! The story flows, the characters are fascinating and I couldn't tear myself away. Highly recommended.
This was a wonderfully sentimental story of love and loss set during present day New York in 2013 and the Homefront during World War Two. Sara Kennedy discovers a navy aviator's wings amongst her grandmother's possessions and enquires about it to her grandmother, who is bedridden at the hospital. Upon seeing the wings, her grandmother turns wistful and reluctantly shares her memories of a long lost love.  We then go back in time to October 1943  to near mid 1944, where a young Frannie Jones is working as a secretary at The Novelty Shoppe to do her bit to support the US war effort. On one fine occasion, her lifelong best friend and vivacious Amy Lake, convinces Fran to attend a night out dancing with her, and her brother Red , who is a naval aviator along with his good buddy Jack McOmber, who are  both on leave. While Fran is a serious young lady, her best friend is not, but they go dancing together with the two young men, and Fran finds her world and life changed irrevocably. However, war and love are not always compatible, as heartbreak is never far away.

Through hearing some of her grandmother's story, Sara finds her views on love changing as she discovers the power of true love, something she isn't familiar with, but she also is confused by it because her Gran had married somebody else and had a family with him, but her grandparent's relationship seemed to have been more formal and serious, rather than full of love with each other, even though they both raised their orphaned grandchildren with love.  Embittered by her own divorce, and focusing on her publishing company, Sara had little time for personal relationships, except for her sisters and grandparents whom she adores, but not for romance, but will her views change, once she discovers the full story of her grandmother's past?

The ending was beautiful and melancholy. Overall, this was a great novel about love, loss, second chances and renewal. The novel beautifully connects the past to the present.