Hidden Picture Puzzles at the Zoo

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This is one cool, kids book, because it reminds me so much of the children's puzzle books, that I used to do. I often visited the zoo, as a child, and so I loved the variety of different animal images, to color, plus the range of objects to find, throughout the zoo visit. And there are hints too, which is very helpful, if needed. This is an excellent holiday entertainer, for children on a car trip, or sitting having a quiet moment. It stimulates the brain, and allows the child/ren, to use their eyes, and think the what, where, why, and when, of the topic. Which gets my vote everytime!
This book is delightful! I love how many different picture searches there are. The fact that they are mostly in black and white give so much more opportunity for a child to take longer doing the puzzles as well by coloring and using their imagination in the color options.
Each puzzle gives a few fun facts as well as a nifty conversation between characters around the facts.
Simple, yet cute illustrations, with fun snippets of information and vocabulary building words. This will provide entertainment for kids that like to color or are interested in animals.
This book can be enjoyed three ways.  It is a search and find title, although I do think that the objects were not easy to locate and may frustrate younger children.  It is also a coloring book and a compendium of interesting facts about zoo animals.  This seems like a good title to take on a trip as it could keep a child occupied for quite a while.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review.
This hidden pictures book teaches young readers fun facts about animals while providing them hours of entertainment for those who enjoyed the Where's Waldo books.
I looove this book!! My children loooove this book. !! Well down!! It is great for my facts reader and picture seekers!! Great! Everyone whom loves picture finds OR fun facts will enjoy this book. Plus if you like to color then this is for you too!!! This would be great for a child to take along places and keep quiet and busy!
Thank you to Netgalley for providing this e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

After looking through this book, I decided to share it with my nephew who is a huge fan of the Where's Wally? series.

This search-and-find is much harder than it appears at first glance, and we really enjoyed the challenge.

The small sections of text were actually perfect as well! They provided a bit of information, sometimes silly (capybaras eat their own poop), sometimes just a question to lead a discussion. Although my nephew can read, I don't know that he would have read the information had we not been together, but talking about and reading the facts together was really fun!

There are a great variety of animals, not just the standard lion and koala.

An ebook format is definitely not the recommended format for this book, we really enjoyed looking for the objects. The only issue was having to move back and forth between pages, due to not being able to look at the doubler spread as the book intends. And of course, it leaves you unable to colour in the objects as you discover them.

Overall this is a great book, and I look forward to seeing it in its physical format. Great for kids, and a fun activity to do with a family members. Search, colour and then discuss!
This is a unique spin on an already fantastic style of book. I love the search and find books, as do my children.

The pages are pretty simple and the things to find are clear. I LOVE they the pages are also coloring pages. While my kids are finding things they can color them in. This is genius.

We need more books like this.
A time-consuming effort, this – both from the point of view of the artist involved and the purchaser.  Copious illustrations have a large spread of things to find in, while practically every image also has a few factoids presented (often by some weird flying things) to add some educational value.  I think it is a bit uneven at times, giving us the scientific name for walrus' whiskers that will flummox the young target audience, and asking us questions rhetorically with no answers, but the main thing to come here for is the pictorial puzzles.  And these are pretty good – it's just that I can see some people taking against them because they're not in colour.  Pure black and white outline is used instead, so that knotty tree bark can actually be an elephant's head when turned round (a trick used more than once), and so on.  There's a fair bit of cleverness in the puzzles, then, but I can imagine an artistic child will get the colouring pencils out and think they're doing well by brightening things up.  If you don't mind the slightly spartan aesthetic, this would be worth a purchase.
A search and find book that also include funny facts about animals. The illustrations are all black and white which can be seen as a plus (because you can color them) or a minus (because it’s less attractive). Slightly below average for a search and find but it have additional «features» that most don’t have so…