Cover Image: The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams

The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams

This is such a lovely story. The combination of mouthwatering baked goods, Christmas and the tentative steps of Josie and Callan as they both try to move forward is irresistible. I just couldn't stopping reading and then felt bereft when I'd finished. Looking forward to the next book!
This is a great Christmas romance story. I can never get enough Holiday romance! This book does not disappoint.  From the very beginning to the end I was invested. The author knows how to write characters that you will fall in love with and route for. Josie and Callan were extremely likable. It was like reading a Hallmark movie and I loved every second of it. I cant wait to read more by her!
This book was a brilliant read and one that is perfect to escape for a few hours and loose yourself.
Characters that fall out of the pages of the book and make you fell apart of the story, the setting is lovely and captured well with words.
A great read. that I would highly recommend.
The two main characters in this story really, really didn't want to get involved with each other (or anyone else for that matter) and both had issues enough to keep them from not wanting to fall in love. It was lovely to see their relationship blossoming despite their reluctance, because as the villagers rallied around them, plus the magical tradition of looking at the sunrise the pair of them didn't stand much of a chance.

The star of the show was Mia, though - she was simply cute enough to eat!
Josie Donnelley hates Christmas because of painful memories connected to her Mum. She moves to the small village of Sunnycombe hoping to avoid any festivities. Getting a job in the local bakery she feels she’s safe enough from too much Christmas stuff.

What she. hadn’t banked on though was falling for her boss and his adorable daughter Mia. Callan, the bakery owner, is a widower and hates Christmas as much as Josie, but Mia is all excited by the festivities and her Dad and Josie find it hard not to get sucked into the excitement too.

A heartwarming seasonal read. Beautifully written. Lovely characters. A feel good read for the festive season and those long winter nights when you just want to curl up with a good book.

Recommended.
This was a lovely read and the bakery was such a wonderful setting - even if it did make me hungry reading about all the lovely cakes and bakes! Josie was a really relatable character and I adored little Mia, the overall story was endearing and perfect for a festive cosy read.
I really enjoyed this book so much.  It has a really great plot, superb main characters and I read it in one sitting.  I would highly recommend this book.
Ahhh the Rabbits Leap serie by Kellie Hailes is so delightful! "The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams" is the book number 6 of this serie and it's very very good. It's a book about giving yourself and love second chances, about hopes and dreams, about christmas magic, family and friends love and difficulties. This book is a page turner and I read it in no time! Perfect Christmas read but can be also read anytime during the year! I really recommend it to all chicklit fans! It's very well written and it's not childish. Perfect book!
This was a sweet, enjoyable read that was perfect in the run up to Christmas.  I absolutely loved the little bakery and the characters were all endearing and well written.  I lovely piece of escapism on a cold, winters day.
A fun romance that reads like a hallmark movie. It had all the right ingredients and charm. A perfect story to read for Christmas!
I loved this book and was soon under its spell. It is certainly one of my favourite festive reads this year. Seeing Josie rethinking her take on Christmas and succumbing to the festivities in the village is great as she is such a likeable character. She is far from easy to get to know however and there are many layers to her which explain her actions and feelings. This is an engrossing read which shows you a lovely community which welcomes you in.

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of the book.
I loved reading this during the Christmas holidays. It had lovely characters and I could picture the bakery perfectly. Suspend reality for a while, it’s well worth a read and I’ll definitely read more by Kellie Halies after this.
A gorgeous, warm hearted read perfect for a cosy winter evening.

Callan, a widower, is in desperate need of assistance to improve his bakery's business, but he isn't ready to let anyone in the kitchen to take over the mantle that his late wife left behind.

Enter Josie, new in town and looking for a job to help kick start her new life. Can Josie break down Callan's walls and help save the bakery?

A perfect Hallmark style read that will fill you with that warm happy feeling!
The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams is a Hallmark movie in a book. Nothing earth shattering plotline wise but that's not a bad thing. It was a nice heartwarming book to read over Christmas break.
I received this book complimentary from NetGalley but all opinions are my own.
I just didn’t love this. I couldn’t get into it. I liked Josie but not Callan who I thought was selfish and callous. I know he has a little daughter but still. I just didn’t like it. It wasn’t for me, by any means. I didn’t like how they “broke up” or how they got back together. Josie played the fool far too often. Callan basically crapped on her and their relationship in front of other people and UNDERSTANDABLY, she left crying. Then he shows up and berates her? Nah, not here for it. I’m not about it.
A lovely festive read full of hopes and dreams.

When Josie arrives in Sunnycombe she has no plans of sticking around for long. After her mother left the family home on Christmas Eve, from the age of 12 Josie hasn’t been very fond of the festive season.

Keen to avoid further disappointment, Josie is reluctant to make friendships or start relationships until she begins working for the recently widowed and single dad Callan.

As both Josie and Callan spend more time with each other, they realise that they might just be ready to fall in love again. Although nothing worth having was ever easy and straightforward. With his five year old daughter Mia to also consider, is it worth starting a relationship with someone who is likely to run at the first sign of trouble.

I really enjoyed this book and would like to thank NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a review.

The characters are were all well written and I enjoyed the relationship of Margo and Brendon which is explored alongside the main characters. A fun, romantic story of letting go of negative experiences and discovering love and friendship.
The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams was a great book to get me into the Christmas cheer. A warm hearted story that left me wanting more. My first book by this author but certainly not my last.
A feel good story of single dad Callan and his 4 year old daughter Mia who run his wife’s bakery after her death. He does not bake well. Enter in Josie, who is a professional baker and she wants a job. Both are attracted to each other, but have issues to overcome. Overall I did like this and would recommend, although her running, or considering running away seemed unnecessary. Maybe just me. Liked the side romance too.
I throughly enjoyed this entertaining and well written romance.  Great plot and characters.  Romance readers will enjoy this book.  I received an arc from the publisher and this is my unbiased review
Josie runs away to a small town looking for work, and she finds the perfect job at a local bakery. She can tell right away, that the owner needs help because the baked goods are looking flat and hard. Callan, a widower and the bakery owner, quickly hires her to work in the front but not to bake because that was his wife's domain and he's not ready for anyone else in the kitchen. Mia, his four year old daughter, loves Josie immediately begins to see a future before Josie and Callan are ready.

Josie and Callan are both emotionally walled up individuals and too stubborn to allow help to break their walls down. They also find similarities in their unusual dislike for all things Christmas,, but when you live in a town like Sunnycombe it's hard not to fall in love--- maybe in more ways than one!

This story was romantic and gave all the cozy Christmas vibes. The perfect sweet romance about opening your heart to love. It was a quick and light read, and is perfect for the holidays while sitting by a hot fire!