Sh*tshow

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

An interesting, funny, kind of bleak short story. ...................................................................................................................................................................................
I have long wanted to read Russo, but his books just haven't made it to the front of my queue. I enjoyed this story of decaying friendship during the Trump presidency and will make more of an effort to read more. Nicely humorous.
Richard Russo's short story, "Sh*tshow," opens on the morning after THE election.  Shocked and feeling the need for companionship, David and Ellie invite their old friends, two other couples, who add to the shock when the each announce that they are each moving away, north and west, both an hour away. Bad news continues to hit the fan when Ellie finds an unwelcome surprise floating in the hot tub. After that, the noxious "pranks" continue and get worse and threaten to drive David and Ellie from their comfortable home.
Richard Russo is such a talent!  My only complaint with this book is it's far too short!  Not the story itself, it just left me wanting more of Russo to read.  Maybe I'll reread "Nobody's Fool" and "Everybody's Fool."

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Write faster Mr. Russo!!