Cover Image: Little Secrets

Little Secrets

OMG I don't even know where to start on this one.  Jennifer Hillier has outdone herself!   Throughout this book I was left hanging on the edge of my seat to see what would come next.   The twists and turns never disappointed.   Marin is a successful woman married to a successful Derek, after having tried to get pregnant finally she has Sebastian after several rounds of IVF treatments.   One a busy winter day while shopping during the holiday season Marin lets go of Sebastian's home for a moment - in that moment of time he goes missing.  Marin and Derek have to live with the after affects of what comes next - none of which they expect or that the reader expects.    Don't miss this book....its a winner!
Thanks Net Galley for the ARC

While the story revolves around Sebastian and Marin, the plot line and issues she faces draws you into the web of this one life as created by the author.  The tile says Little secrets but the ore you read the BIGGER the secrets grow.  Try this one.
Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier was a page turner from the very beginning and really just overall, unputdownable!!!!! Be sure you can make a time commitment to this book, because it’s all you will be thinking about!!
This will for sure be in my top ten of 2019 (stay tuned for that!)
I was incredibly fortunate to receive an early copy of this book through Netgalley. It won’t hit bookshelves until April 2020.

Here’s what it’s about:
Marin is the mother of 4 year old Sebastian. Days before Christmas, in a crowded shopping district, Marin looks down at her phone to answer a text. When she reaches for her son, he’s GONE!! Vanished!!!! (Isn’t this every mother’s nightmare??)
Now sixteen months later, Sebastian is still missing. Marin hires a private investigator where she comes up empty handed on her son’s whereabouts, however she discovers her husband is having an affair.
Throughout the book the reader hears not only Marin’s point of view, but also Makenzie’s, the much younger mistress.
Could Derek, Marin’s husband, have anything to do with Sebastian’s disappearance? What about Makenzie? Does she want something more than just love and affection from Derek?
Every character has “little secrets” they are hiding. Secrets of both their past and their present. How will all of this unfold, and most importantly, where is this innocent four year boy in all of this??
Without a doubt, this is a 5 star read!!
! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
I received this novel by #Netgalley for an honest review. # little secrets can lead to darker thoughts and action. A child is taken that leads the parents apart and a mother that will go to dark places to save the only family she has. This was a great read for those that like a good psychological thriller and I would recommend to others. The author #Jennifer Hiller has several novels out if you enjoyed those you can add this one.
Wow! Hillier knocked it out of the park with this one. I really thought I had figured it all out, but no, the twists kept coming!
Marin and Derek are a happily married power couple. One day, while out Christmas shopping, Marin’s 4 year old son Sebastian is kidnapped. The trail goes cold and Marin spends the next year devastated while her marriage falls apart. When her PI discovers that Derek is having and affair, Marin snaps out of her depression and decides that she won’t lose anyone else. What follows will blow your mind! You definitely don’t want to miss this great thriller!
FANTASTIC! This book was heartbreaking, beautifully, written and an excellent read. I cried with the main character, Marin, many times. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Thank you Netgalley, St-Martin’s Press and Jennifer Hillier.
Must read of 2020. The only thing I wanted to do the last 2 days is read this novel.
Emotional roller coaster, fast paced, lots of twists and turns.
I was invested in the story from page 1 and could not put it down.
This is the story of a mother who looses her young child, we live thru the pages the turmoil her life and marriage goes thru.
I did not see that ending coming at all. What a shocker it was.
Absolutely love Jennifer Hillier novels and will read anything she writes.
Highly recommend 5 🌟
I love Jennifer Hillier and Jar of Hearts is one of my favorite books, so I was very excited to see Little Secrets available. Although not quite as good as Jar of Hearts, Little Secrets is a domestic mystery thriller that kept me guessing until the end. Twisty, complex, and fascinating, I recommend this book!
Once you start, you are not going to want to put this book down!!  From page 1, you are completely invested in this story, the characters and the outcome. This is a must read for 2020.

Thank you #netgalley and #stmartinspress for this amazing eARC. One of the best new books of 2020 I've read and highly recommend.
Taut, well-organized, fast-paced novel makes you want to keep reading. The mom whose son is kidnapped was the most difficult character for me to deal with. Her reactions, actions, and inaction at times didn’t always make sense to my way of thinking.
This was hard to read as a mom of young boys, but I really enjoyed the twists and suspense! I appreciated the intricate details and getting into Marin’s dark psyche.
Wow! Loved it. Made me 5 minutes late to work this morning, without finishing it!
That type of book hasn't happened in a long time for me.
Thank you #MinotaurBooks  and #NetGalley for an early release copy for an honest review!
This was quite enjoyable. An action packed novel with plenty of twists and turns.

I am a big fan of this author's previous novels, but this one fell flat for me. It was a story about the kidnapping of a young boy and infidelity, with the infidelity feeling more like the main event. Before I was halfway through, it was obvious to me "whodunit" regarding the kidnapping. In fact I thought I might be wrong since there were such obvious hints I thought the author might be purposely misleading us. But no. The ending was predictable unfortunately.

On the plus side, I got through the book very quickly as the author writes in a way that keeps you turning pages. So even though I knew where she was going, I was still interested enough to keep reading.

It was also kinda cool that she brought in a character in from her other novel, Wonderland (Vanessa Castro).

I wouldn't really recommend this book, but I definitely would recommend her other books.
What an amazing ride with this book!
It held me from the get go, so much so I had read 70% in one day and only put it down because my eyes refused to stay open.
A touching story, so real and raw.
And that ending, well, all I can say is I never saw it coming not once.
This is one of the best books I’ve read in a while, it grabs you from the beginning and holds to the end. I loved every bit of it,I would have loved to have known about Julian in the end but no matter, it was still an awesome book. I disagreed with McKenzie getting off as easy as she did I think I would have not been so nice, but; oh well.
Loved it. Every mother’s nightmare comes true in this book when Marins son is abducted. The story follows Marin as she tries to live with what happened, and then she finds out her husband is having an affair.

The book is written brilliantly, I was so caught up in Marins world that I couldn’t put it down. There are so many twists and turns, and I definitely did not see the twist at the end coming. Absolutely brilliant story.
5 ⭐️
Wow. As I finished this book, I was covered in goosebumps. This. Was. So. Good. The last 30% I could FEEL my heart racing through my chest. This book gave me exactly what I NEEDED when reading a book categorized as a “thriller.” Holy anxiety.

“Little Secrets” was the first book by Jennifer Hillier that I’ve yet read, but after this book- I’ll be diving into more.

This book is set be released on April 21, 2020.
Thank you to Netgalley for granting me with a copy of this book for providing an honest review.
This is has been the best thriller I've ever read this is going to be a best seller of 2020.
This book has been absolutely gripping from the start, if I could give 10 stars I would you won't be able to put it down. This book will keep you at the edge of your seat, it's a nail biting,page turning read and you won't be disappointed. It deals with love, heartbreak, grief, suicide and much more.
The storylines are linked together and will leave you gob smacked.
Marin and Derek are married and have been for 20 years, they are both extremely successful within their businesses, and to the outside world they have a great near perfect life together that's something to be envied. Until one day there life is changed in an instant. The most unimaginable thing any parent could  ever go through,  when there 4 year old son goes missing on a busy afternoon and there worst nightmare comes true. Marin can't get past it she's attempted suicide and the only way she can function is if she knows  that he's still being looked for and she hires a P.I as every other law enforcement has put it on the back burner as they have no leads. The P.I uncovers more  than she bargained for though when she tells Marin her husband Derek is having an affair with a 20 odd year old woman  named McKenzie Li. Marin refuses to lose her husband as well and she goes from one extreme to another.
I don't want to reveal any spoilers but this is going to keep you desperately wanting to find out more, and will keep you turning the pages until the end.
This is the first book I've read by this author and it's absolutely fantastic. This book is extremely well written and I loved everything from the story to the characters. It's very emotional in parts and I felt like I could feel everything Marin felt. It's full of twists, turns, and shockers, and your emotions go on a rollercoaster ride. This book keeps you guessing and wondering right until the end and you won't see anything coming. This book will keep you gripped until the end.
This author has a true gift and I can't wait to read more from her in the future.
Thank you netgalley and Jennifer Hillier  for allowing me to read this early digital copy of a fabulous book.
I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Wow!!! Just WOW!!! First off I would like to thank you Netgalley and St. Martins Press for allowing me to read this AMAZING book for an honest review! I would also like to thank you for introducing me to my new favorite author. This was my first time reading her books and right after this review I will be going and purchasing her other books!!!
    This book absolutely grabbed me from the start!! Being the mother of boys myself, I was completely horrified when Marin lost her son! It is a mother’s worst nightmare and the way Jennifer Hillier brought her characters to such life made me feel like I was right there in the book with them. I must admit I had to put the book down and mentally regroup a minute! I can honestly go on and on about this book, but my fear is I would spoil it for  someone!! If you are looking for a psychological thriller that grips you from the moment you start it to the moment you end it, this book is for you!