Run, Sea Turtle, Run

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2020

A great story about how sea turtles make their way to the sea. The only thing I wish (and I understand why they didn't add it) is that they showed a bit of the challenges the turtles face on their way to the ocean. Some are picked off by different predators.
This book is a great resource for young readers about how sea turtles hatch.  The descriptions are easy to understand, but also precise.  The photographs are beautiful up close shots of the turtles and add to the descriptions.  I would highly recommend this for use with preschool and K-2 students.
BABY SEA TURTLES! This is a perfect book to read aloud with kids who love animals - especially cute baby animals like baby sea turtles. There's also plenty of neat scientific tidbits about sea turtles for kids who might be extra curious after looking at pictures of baby sea turtles.

Honestly, I'm an adult and I just came for the baby sea turtles, but I really do think this is a book my baby nieces would enjoy. It would be tons of fun to read aloud with them!

Also: BABY SEA TURTLES. Did I mention that?
A beautiful photo-illustrated picture book about the journey of a leatherback sea turtle hatching from its nest and making its way into the ocean. The story is told in lively, fun language and has back matter that explains the life cycle of a sea turtle and suggests ways people can protect them. A great introduction to sea turtles to inspire a young naturalist or environmentalist.
A cute easy nonfiction book that showcases the journey of a sea turtle hatchling. Vibrant photographs and simple text will captivate beginning readers. The author includes a nice glossary and resource section in the back of the book.
Nice, easy story of a sea turtle hatching, along with many brothers and sisters, and making their way to the sea. I loved the photographers. I think young beginning readers will enjoy this story.