Cover Image: My Darling Duke

My Darling Duke

Stacy Reid really does an excellent job with historical romances. This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling and is very well done! And there is even a "there's only one bed scene!" Kitty and her bunch of Sinful Wallflowers are lovely and I can't wait for future books! I really liked how the relationship between Alexander and Kitty developed and very much enjoyed this story!
Absolutely beautiful regency another enchanting book from our awesome author, it has everything and most definitely characters you can't help but adore
The characters of Kitty and Alexander just won me over right from the first time that I read about them. I adore how honorable Kitty is even though she is propagating this huge deception. My heart hurts thinking about the excruciating pain that Alexander must have gone through to be able to survive his past tragedy. They both are so brave even when faced with adversities and once they meet they set the pages on fire. There is angst, romance, sexual tension and every single thing made me love the book even more. It is very loosely based on beauty and the beast fairytale. I read this book in one go and had a really difficult time putting it down. It's been a while since I adored both lead characters so much. I loved Kitty and Alexander and wish I could keep reading about them. This is book one in the Sinful Wallflower series and I cannot wait to read about the adventures of the rest of the wallflowers. I highly recommend this book especially if you are looking for a great read during this time of physical distancing.

* I received this ARC from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review*
Thank you for allowing me to read this book. I absolutely loved the story. Kitty was a breath of fresh air and Alexander was too. I often thought of Beauty and the Beast while reading this story. I truly can't wait to read more from this author.
Wow this book was just so good and so easy to get lost in. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I just didn't want it to end. I just couldn't get enough of these wonderful characters and I just loved getting to see their journey. I will most definitely be reading more stories from this wonderful author.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was an updated version of Beauty and the Beast. The Beast is the Duke of Thornton, Alexander Masters. Ten years prior, a twenty year old Alexander saved himself and his seven year old sister from a fire that raged in their home in Scotland that killed their parents. He sustained life-threatening injuries. He hasn't been seen in London for seven years, preferring to remain in Scotland away from the ton. Miss Katherine Danvers, but goes by Kitty, is the Beauty. She is a wallflower. Kitty along with her closest friends, who are also wallflowers, decide to do something wickedly fun. She concocts a tale to weave that she is engaged to the Duke to help promote her younger sister(s) to make better matches as they are near-penniless since their father a Viscount has passed away several years ago.

The tale is a charming one. It is full of wit and angst. I felt for both characters. I was extremely glad to see the story written in a dual POV format. Getting into Alexander's thoughts and see the fear and pain that he suffers really helped me to understand some of his actions much better.

For the most part, this is a clean read but there are a few parts that near the end that should really only be read be someone over the age of 18.
What an excellent variation of Beauty and the Beast.  Kitty and Alexander both are more concerned with their siblings happiness than their own.  Both are strong and engaging characters.  I fell in love right along with them.
I highly recommend the purchase of this book.  You will not be disappointed.  Kudos to Stacy Reid.
I finally got to read this book and boy was I pleasantly surprised. This is a first time read for me by this author. Katherine Danvers, Kitty, to her family and friends, is desperate to keep the good graces of her family's name intact all for her family. She is considered on the shelf, a wallflower and then an idea pops in her head. What if she says she is engaged to someone who they have never met or heard from in over 10 years? Brilliant, you say? Hmmmm....ok, Lol. The Duke of Thornton, Alexander Masters, has indeed been a recluse due to a terrible accident and has been away from society for a decade. Imagine his surprise when he receives congratulations on his engagement, while he resides in Scotland, all the way from London. His attitude, well he has got to meet his fiancee, Lol. Filled with laughter, a bit of angst and a tender and emotional story, made for a wonderful read, I enjoyed this one very much and look forward to the next one. 4 solid stars******

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by Entangled Publishing through NetGalley*****
My Darling Duke was my last read for 2019 and it was fantastic way to end the year. Its been a while since I've last read a historical romance and this story reminded me why I loved them so much. This novel was deeply emotional, steamy, amusing and will have you hooked from beginning to end. This was romance at its finest. I loved the storyline and the chemistry between the two characters Kitty and Alexander was intense. I loved the back and fort banter between them and I loved the secondary characters who all added to the story in their own way.This is my first book from this author and I was really impressed with her style of writing. The characters were well developed, the plot was interesting and I would definitely check out other works by this author.
My Darling Duke was an excellent read and I would highly recommend it to all lovers of regency romance.
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY.....However, with heart have a box of tissues while reading. This book was absolutely not the normal. I had a hard time deciding at first if I liked it or not as tears ran down my face. My emotions were up and down while reading. The author has created a very unique story line that targets emotions and life. I enjoyed the way the heroine dealt with the issues but maybe would of wished for a little more in the hero.

All in all a captivating read. I was given this book via NetGalley, All opinions expressed here are my own. Regards, Anna
While I did enjoy this book, I have to start off by saying it wasn't what I was used to with Stacy Reids book. All in all I enjoyed and let give a little of why. So we meet Kitty who is on the shelf at 23 (yeah I know but this was the ton) anyhoo she doesn't want her sisters to be on the shelf like her so she decides that she will use Alexander Masters, the Duke of Thornton, who know one has seen in quite a while, so what harm will it do to use his name. Alexander has been a recluse since he was in an accident that he lost his parents and got partially paralyzed and scarred. When he starts hearing congrats and wondering what in the world, its not that people have tried to use him before, they have but this woman just wants his name, and he decides to find out for himself. When these two come face to face, the sparks are flying all over the place, and the rest my friends is for you to find out..
I give this book 4,5 stars.

It is a very emotional and heartwarming story about a lady who will give up her chance of happiness for her sisters to get their HEA and a lord who after a terrible accident has been sitting in a bathing chair almost unable to walk and only living for his sister finding their HEA in each other.

It was amazing to see these two very lonely and distraught people finding happiness laughter joy and love in each other but the travel to get there was a long and winding. It just made me so happy that even though they had so many struggles and they also had to fight all the gossip of the ton and their peers they fought themselves through it and found their HEA to.

It is a retelling of “Beauty and the beast” and I truly loved the main and side characters.

The only thing is that it is a little to long and she believes him a little to fast when he pushes her away.
But his grovel is great and he earns her back!

I can definitely recommend this book.

I got this book from Entangled Publishing and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
My Darling Duke is a great beginning to the Sinful Wallflowers series.  I love how the wallflowers have decided to take control of their lives tired of being relegated to the corner of ballrooms.  This first book begins with Katherine/Kitty Danvers fooling the ton with a fake engagement to the long absent Alex, Duke of Thornton. The ruse does what Kitty needed in order to help her sisters become accepted by the ton and make successful matches.

What can go wrong?  The duke eventually shows up to find out what is going on. What follows is the emotional connection that develops between the duke and Kitty.  Alex not only has been burned in a fire, there is more wrong with him.  Ms. Reid takes difficult life situations and weaves in the way people might respond to those situations in their lives.

I loved Kitty and Alex.  Both have so much to give but do not even realize how special they are.  Each see it in the other and are willing to find their HEA no matter what.  I am looking forward to seeing how Ms. Reid develops the other wallflowers.
Loved this latest from Stacy Reid. At first the beginning seemed a little slow like it was setting up for a bunch of other stories in this series down the way but once you get past it, the story picks up and sucks you in. I actually had to try and pace myself because I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end.  The story is a lot of fun with Kitty Danvers pretending to be engaged to the Duke of Thornton since he's been MIA from society for awhile. It becomes a slippery slope that actually draws the duke out as laughter and romance ensues.
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I have read quite a few duds lately so I was hoping this would be a good read and I was not disappointed. This does bring a few Beauty and the Beast elements in and I did enjoy it. It was a pretty nice read.
Kitty Danvers has devised the perfect plan to save her family from ruin. They have fallen on hard times since the death of her father, her and her two sisters are deemed unmarriageable due their poor finances. She plans to raise their profile by claiming to be engaged to the elusive Duke of Thornton who has been hidden away in his Scottish castle for years. The effect is miraculous, her family are welcomed into society and her sisters are starting to form attachments to eligible bachelors. Alexander Masters is intrigued by Kitty’s antics and decides to break his self-enforced exile to travel to London to meet her. I really enjoyed this story, the tension and longing threading through the narrative made it impossible to put down. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this story. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Katherine Danvers , Kitty , has been a wallflower since her "come out" a few years ago but now after the death of her father she needs find a way to provide for her mother and sisters .
With the encouragement of her fellow "wallflowers" she pretends to be engaged to Alexander Masters,  the Duke of Thornton - a notorious recluse , allowing her sisters a way into Society.
Word reaches Alexander in Scotland of his supposed fiancé - who would dare , why would they risk disgrace if found out ??
Our heroine is brave , risking all to help her family : Our hero troubled , neither wanting to be out and about in Society again nor having people talk about him again .
These are two wonderful characters , with depth and resolve , determined to make their way in a world where appearances are everything- resulting in a great read .

I was given an ARC of this book by Netgalley and the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Interesting twist on beauty and the beast.  Kitty is determined to help her sister make advantageous matches even if that means being sinful and attaching her name to the dangerous Duke of Thornton.  Meanwhile, Alexander Masters (Duke of Thornton) is shocked to hear of his impending marriage to Katherine Danvers.  Curiosity plays a central role in this different and sexy read.  Why does the Duke of Thornton stay away from town? Who is Kitty Danvers and why take the chance at this lie? When the Duke finally comes to town Kitty is forced to face the man she is "betrothed" too and curiosity soon blossoms into something more.  This was a really different story with likeable characters that you couldn't help rooting for.  **my one issue was the ending....obviously need a HEA but it there was a lot overcome for Alex and it seemed like all his struggles and emotions were almost invalidated. Very neat HEA but it felt like it didn't need to be- not taking away any stars for this just merely an opinion** Looking forward to the rest of the Sinful Wallflowers!
This book reminds us that while it might be fun to read these stories, it couldn't have been very fun to live in the actual time (which is why I can not stand time travel stories that strand women in the past, where are the stories that bring a lady from that time and strand her in the present and watch her blossom with all the freedoms and opportunity she could have).
My Darling Duke

4 stars

This was a great book. It very much read like a classic love story and I loved the rendition of the Beauty and the Beast tale.

I’ve read a lot of regency era romances with a ‘beauty and the beast’ theme that took a more comedic take on the story and the writing, and this was different. I guess I went into it expecting that comedic aspect of it and was instead met with a serious tone and an articulate writing style that added to its uniqueness because I ended up truly falling in love with every part of it.

The writing flowed fluidly and phenomenally while the plot unfolded in a way that was wholesome and heartfelt. I loved seeing Katherine and Alexander falling in love and in turn I fell in love with them.

My Darling Duke is my first Stacy Reid but it won’t be my last. It holds its own in regency romances as it stands out for its unique plot, classic writing and wonderfully moving love story and I can’t wait to read more from the Sinful Wallflowers.