Cover Image: I Dream of a Journey

I Dream of a Journey

I love the soft colors in the illustrations. The contrast between the innkeepers dreams and his awake states is beautiful with the monotone daytime and the colorful dreams.

The writing is simple and sweet. This innkeeper travels vicariously through his friends and guests. I thought it was beautiful the way he travels. This longing he has for far away places is a bit sad, but the opportunity is there and that’s so wonderful.
I Dream of a Journey by Akiko Miyakoshi is a gem of a book that will resonate with adult readers every bit as much as it will with children.  This is a story about longing, and finding the courage within yourself to leave what is comfortable in search of new and exciting possibilities.  The use of black and white to illustrate the familiar, and vibrant hues to represent adventure is truly inspired and most impactful.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Kids Can Press for this ARC.
This book is stunningly beautiful, the lighting in the artwork is glorious, the palette alternating between black, white and grey and then soft yet somehow still vibrant colors is perfection. A wonderful book to gift, and a must add to one's picture book collection.