Investigating the Almost Perfect Murders

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Dec 2019

Investigation the Almost Perfect Murder by Anthony Nott is an interesting and well written book.

The author recounts some of the crimes in which he was involved during his time in the Police force. The cases rage from riots to cases known as perfect murders. It made for a fascinating read and I enjoyed reading about the steps it takes and the hard work that goes into solving them.

Thanks to Netgally and Pen and Sword True Crime for the ARC.
An insiders look at how the police go about investigating their cases from riots to cases known as perfect murders.I was fascinated reading about the cases and the steps taken the hard work that goes into solving them #netgalley#penn&sword.

I enjoy reading True Crime and to hear about how things were in the 70s,80s and 90s when I was younger was really intersting and somewhat eye opening as to the way times have changed so much recently.

Nott recounts some of the crimes in which he was involved with in a clear and consise way.

Thanks to Netgally and Pen adn Sword True Crime for the ARC. My review is my own opinion.
This is a group of interesting British crime stories recounting Anthony Nott’s time fighting crime with the Metropolitan Police back in the 1970s. I enjoy reading British crime and Australian when I get the chance, and this book was a Wish that was granted on NetGalley, so I was happy to get it. If you like this kind of true crime, you should check it out as well as the writing is good and the stories kept my interest. It covers a violent episode at a football game at Bournemouth against Leeds United in a very important game for both. Things got very out of hand even before the game started and kept on the day after. The case he calls The Almost Perfect Murders is there also, and the very strange story of Russell Causley whose wife disappeared, supposedly reappeared, then wasn’t seen again. He then took on the last name of his girlfriend, oddly enough. Plenty to attract the true crime reader here. Advance electronic review copy was provided by NetGalley, author Anthony Nott, and Pen & Sword True Crime.
A really interesting, informative, gives you the reader an insight into the work the police do,
Well written, full of detail, it holds your interest.
Thank you to both NetGalley and publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this fantastic book in exchange for my review
Investigating the Almost Perfect Murders tells the story of  old school copper Anthony Nott's time in the police force.. I read a lot of true crime but unlike many I'm as interested in the stories of policemen as well as the criminal element. Nott served most of his career in Dorset , which while not a hotbed of crime has it's fair share of ne'er do wells and some of Nott's more interesting cases are featured here. There's quite a lot of procedural detail which could have been boring but Nott includes this to show us that there's a massive amount of organisation and a whole lot more complexity than most would realise in  a major criminal investigation..
As someone a similar age to Mr Nott I was fully aware of the myriad of failings of the police in days gone by before scandal and public outrage made the clean up their act and I admire his honesty, I came close to a custodial sentence on a complete pack of lies and a cousin nearly ended up in a wheelchair after a severe beating by the Met seemingly for having the audacity to be young and in the wrong place.
That aside, the book is an easy and informative read that shows the good and the bad of life as a policeman....and the general public when often those people look down on show themselves stronger than their detractors  and bravely stand up in court when "better" people are scared or don't care.
Big thanks to Anthony Nott, Pen and Sword True Crime and Netgalley for the advance copy in return for   an honest review.
This book is a series of vignettes by a retired police officer. They are, in turns, exciting, melancholy, horrific, gripping and always containing a good mix of legal detail, police procedure and bonhomie between the author and his colleagues.

The book is not a particularly long read nor does it read like an extended vanity piece, the writing gets to the point, the story is told and it gets out. The misty-eyed reminisces are kept to a minimum.

Overall a decent read with very intriguing cases covered.

Recommended.
Anthony Nott joined the Metropolitan Police in 1971. He witnessed some horrific crimes and describes his early experiences as an officer of the law. We learn of his journey through the ranks and other police stations he worked from.

I like books that revolve around true crimes and this book did not disappoint. I recognised some of the crimes he talked about. The book is well written and I hope we learn more from the author in future.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Pen & Sword and the author Anthony Nott for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This book provides an insight into the methodical and transparent way in which the police investigate complicated crimes from riots to the almost perfect murders.

This was interesting and being British true crimes, it made a pleasant change from most of the American ones.

I enjoyed the way the book was written and set out, and will read more by this author.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a digital copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.