Cover Image: Italian Cure

Italian Cure

When I picked up this book, I didn’t realize it was a novella. It was a short read, but that’s not always a bad thing. However, this one didn’t quite check off all the boxes in books I love. I guess because it was a novella, there was enough room on the pages to fulfill some of these things. I found the characters to be slow developing, and some not at all. I wanted to get to know the characters more which would have helped to build on the main storyline. And the ending was kind of abrupt and left so many questions and main plot events unanswered. But I did love the setting - a tour through Italy - and that was enough to make me want to take another trip!
I didn’t realize this was a short novella. The premise, cover hooked me in but didn’t keep my attention. Perhaps if it was a full length novel, where in time the characters could develop deeper, and the storyline more interesting (more Italy 🇮🇹) then I would enjoy it more.

Thanks #netgalley for the ARC.
#italiancure
I knew this was a short read going in but I wonder now if it was too short. I feel like I had parts  I wish were expanded on and thought there could have been better descriptions of the scenery and atmosphere. I did like the girl and her aunt. So maybe I would rank it higher if it was developed more.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by NetGalley
i hated this book so hard. it was so boring and i could not get into it. i wanted italy and i hardly even got italy. so this is a waste. skip it and read something much much better.
The book was really cute, I loved the banter between the main character and the aunt! It's a very cute read, so if you're looking for something light and funny, pick this up!
Enjoyed every part of this fun novella.. Obviously wish it had been a bit longer but loved every page of this novella..
This is a short novella with lots of laughs, spunk and spark and a crazy aunt.  I don't know that I would want to read a 400 page book about these people but for what it is it was good.  Because of it length everything did feel rushed and there wasn't a lot of character development but that is a tradeoff in this length of book.  Overall cute, fun and ok.
The Italian Cure was a great, quick read. However short the novella was, it shared very interesting characters that struggled with the relationships with their family and significant others. It showed that by getting out of your comfort zone and exploring other cultures, you can find happiness.
I didn't realize this book was listed as a rapid reads, short story when I downloaded the ebook version to read and review. I really loved the descriptions of all of the beautify places in Italy that Charlie and her Aunt Della visited on this whirlwind romance story. I wish it would have been a little longer so I could invest in the characters more and really get to know them better. All in all it was a fun read for anyone who wants a little romance and a little travel in their story!!
The concept of this novella was cute - broken hearted woman, travels with her aunt to Italy on a free trip and falls in love. I just didn’t love the execution. It felt like reading a slapstick comedy and was rushed and predictable. This one wasn’t for me.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
This is a quick read novella, about a woman who is dumped by her long time boyfriend.  Devastated, she accepts an invitation to go with her aunt to Italy. While on a 7 day tour, she falls for the main love interest. Being such a short book, everything feels rushed. It was hard to feel any character development, but it was a sweet love story and I loved the Italian descriptions from the author.
This was different. I know it was a novella, and supposed to move quickly, but this was just ... different. I think I just wasn’t crazy about the writing style, it was a bit too amateur for me, and the storyline itself was a bit much.

I don’t know, it was quick and easy and fine, but not something I’d reread or really even remember.
Received ARC from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. This was a light read but even though it was meant to be a short novella, I felt the character development to be a little lacking. It was tough to get connected to the characters and the story. But overall they were likable and it was nice.
The Italian Cure is a quick, cute story about a trip to Italy that is filled with several misadventures. The characters and plot are not as developed as I had expected-not realizing this was a rapid read book. Italy is a great backdrop for a cute romance that seemed to develop overnight for our protagonist Charlie. I would have enjoyed a story with flushed out characters and plot development but readers looking for a quick, rapid read will enjoy the Italian Cure.

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and writer for this ARC in exchange for my honest feedback.
This is... not great. It had the potential- a failed engagement, a trip overseas, budding romance- but the writing was SO bad. It feels like it was written by someone much younger, and I’m thankful that it was only a novella instead of a full novel.

Giving this two stars is me being generous.

**Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for giving me a free ARC in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are my own.**
Rapid Italian tour with a touch of romance: lacks emotional substance🙄

🤔 This novella had a promising beginning but I never really felt any depth to the characters and heroine Charlie's constant misadventures seemed forced and not really humorous.  The ending was rushed and just not realistic.  Overall, the story was so simplistic that it was not for me.  I would not say the writing style was bad, but it did not seem geared to an adult reader.

Thanks to Orca Publishers and NetGalley for providing a complimentary advance copy of the story;  this is my voluntary and honest review.
Not my cup,of tea. I wasn't aware this was a rapid read novella. That's not really my thing, as I,prefer more developed characters, worlds and storylines. Beyond that the writing was simplistic, with short choppy sentences.
Way too short. it was cute, but felt poorly edited and was very short. I feel like it could have been expanded on quite a bit, or better yet put in an anthology of stories of similar length for light beach reading.
Enjoyable read which I sped through with enthusiasm and interest - a great pick me up and for me something of a cure for winter darkness!
Lively characters, good descriptions of the Italian sights and sites, and a genuine feel-good escape.
This is a heart-warming sweet novella. A very quick read. Restores your faith in people and certainly makes you want to go to Italy!